Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Hope he enjoys chasing his own tail! He will never make a roster down their.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on August 11, 2024, 10:08:34 PMI would say that Rourke is actually getting an opportunity in the NFL...he just isn't succeeding. 

Hard to say what opportunities he's actually getting as a waiver claim.

But you have to think this was his last gasp. Good bet he'll be back in the CFL next season unless he REALLY wants to wait for another NFL off season.
My wife is amazing!

dd

The NFL is a pretty tough nut to crack, and there's been plenty of CFL greats who couldn't crack the lineup. Good on him for chasing his dream and I hope he makes in, in the meantime, collecting $520k US isn't a bad payday to chase your dream!!

ichabod_crane

Did Rourke get some upfront signing bonus money as I'm not sure where these figures of $520K or more come from as NFL PR players don't make that much according to a quick Google search:

"Practice squad players make $12,000 per week or $216,000 for 18 weeks. Veteran players with over two years of experience will make a minimum of $16,100 per week or $289,800 for 18 weeks, and a maximum of $20,600 per week or $370,800 for 18 weeks".

He's only in his second year down in the NFL and maybe not even PR'ing for his second year. So I am assuming he got a good chunk of change as a signing bonus last season. Or did he ACTUALLY dress for a few games last season? I SEE NO stats of him at all throwing one pass in an NFL Regular season game last year.

This blurb is obviously FAKE NEWS as he did not even make it out of training camp for the Falcons:

How much will Nathan Rourke make in the NFL?
Season History

Year   Team           Cash Paid
2023   Patriots   $125,000
2024   Falcons           $915,000
            Total   $1,040,000

DM83

Rourke is never going to make it with no resume.
Politics plays a role. If he, as an unknown , is better than the scouts picks, it makes the scouts look stupid,mans would be embarrassing also.

He should be in a plane back to BB tonite, so ha can dress vs. the Bombers.

Jesse

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 12, 2024, 05:26:18 AMDid Rourke get some upfront signing bonus money as I'm not sure where these figures of $520K or more come from as NFL PR players don't make that much according to a quick Google search:

"Practice squad players make $12,000 per week or $216,000 for 18 weeks. Veteran players with over two years of experience will make a minimum of $16,100 per week or $289,800 for 18 weeks, and a maximum of $20,600 per week or $370,800 for 18 weeks".

He's only in his second year down in the NFL and maybe not even PR'ing for his second year. So I am assuming he got a good chunk of change as a signing bonus last season. Or did he ACTUALLY dress for a few games last season? I SEE NO stats of him at all throwing one pass in an NFL Regular season game last year.

This blurb is obviously FAKE NEWS as he did not even make it out of training camp for the Falcons:

Season History

Total   $1,040,000

He was on the active roster for a few games last season.

The Falcons contract for 900k is what he would have been paid over the course of the year, had he made the team.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

I think he needs to return to the CFL and build up his resume like Flutie and Theismann did.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

eventually his chances in the NFL will dry up and/or he will diminish his reputation by getting signed and released over and over again.  His only hope for this season in the NFL is one of the third stringers getting hurt and him getting invited to come on in as a camp/preseason arm.

Risk of coming to the CFL is that he doesn't blow the doors off and gets behind a porous o-line and doesn't show very well and his stock goes down even further.

Not looking great at the moment for Rourke and his dream..the chance of an NFL payday is still there though and I think he will pursue until that door is closed tightly.

Blue In BC

If and when he returns to the CFL it will be interesting to see which team signs him. Not every team is going to be able or willing to pay the tab. From his point of view, he will have preferences on which team is the best fit and most likely to have a successful season.

Anyone know the status of Adams contract? Duration and amount. He might be a player that could be traded in the off season but would they entertain that choice.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DCM

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 12, 2024, 05:26:18 AMDid Rourke get some upfront signing bonus money as I'm not sure where these figures of $520K or more come from as NFL PR players don't make that much according to a quick Google search:

Season History

Total   $1,040,000
https://overthecap.com/player/nathan-rourke/10822

Career Earnings sit at $615K to date.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

The Zipp

He was unclaimed and is now a free agent. 

Austin Mack also released. 

BomberFan73

Quote from: The Zipp on August 12, 2024, 08:43:12 PMHe was unclaimed and is now a free agent. 

Austin Mack also released. 

Now that is a player we need!

RyGuy13

Quote from: BomberFan73 on August 12, 2024, 09:17:50 PMNow that is a player we need!

His CFL rights still belong to Montreal until after this season.
At SB, #85..MILT STEEEGAAALLLL

Blue In BC

Quote from: BomberFan73 on August 12, 2024, 09:17:50 PMNow that is a player we need!

He's still under contract to the Als. If we're getting Lawler back then we don't need him. OTOH, he'll still be on an ELC.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

nFL takes the younger draft guys, cheaper.  Guys like Mack are too old. What us he 26 years old?