Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

could be an interesting month coming up with two potential allstars (Rourke and Mack) possibly returning. The other allstar to watch is Mathieu Betts.
These are all guys that are difference makers.

The Zipp

Well I guess we will see how good Rourke is in the CFL...he has signed with the BC Lions

DCM

Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on August 13, 2024, 03:29:00 PMWell I guess we will see how good Rourke is in the CFL...he has signed with the BC Lions
Guess we will see how good he is? He lit it up.  There is no guess.  Now that said he hasn't played a bit.  Biggest question is how good BC is and can they keep Rourke healthy.  Another question is how they will keep under the cap and is VA going to 6 game (save $)?  Interesting to see when Rourke will play.

Passing
YEAR   TEAM   GP   COMP   ATT   YDS   TD   INT   AVG
BC   8   52   82   754   3   5   9.2
BC   10   255   324   3349   25   10   10.3
Total
18   307   406   4103   28   15   10.1
Rushing
YEAR   TEAM   GP   CAR   YDS   TDS   AVG   LG
BC   8   18   111   5   6.2   17
BC   10   39   304   7   7.8   50
Total
18   57   415   12   7.3   50

nuff said

Blue In BC

Even if Adams took a pay cut, this is going to have a ripple effect on their SMS. Lions say Adams won't be traded.

Getting Rourke back in the CFL is good for the CFL and the Lions.

Hearing the details of the agreement will be interesting. All that has been mentioned so far is a 3 year deal.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2024, 04:08:06 PMEven if Adams took a pay cut, this is going to have a ripple effect on their SMS. Lions say Adams won't be traded.

Getting Rourke back in the CFL is good for the CFL and the Lions.

Hearing the details of the agreement will be interesting. All that has been mentioned so far is a 3 year deal.

I hadn't seen that yet, crazy.

Must be so they could offer the guaranteed money in year 3.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Shows what Dave Naylor knows! lol
"He won't be in the CFL this year."

Guess the Blue Bombers have an extra spice to there game now Sunday. :-\
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Obviously the Lions will slay the cap restrictions this year now. Happily pay the fine.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 13, 2024, 04:18:36 PMObviously the Lions will slay the cap restrictions this year now. Happily pay the fine.

That's a possibility with a rich owner. The fine is one issue but losing a draft pick would hurt as well.

In the long run, it's great for Vancouver fan interest.

I wonder if he ends up starting on the weekend since he couldn't be worse than Dolegala.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

Great news for the Lions and the CFL. I'm looking forward to seeing Rourke play again.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2024, 04:20:56 PMThat's a possibility with a rich owner. The fine is one issue but losing a draft pick would hurt as well.

In the long run, it's great for Vancouver fan interest.

I wonder if he ends up starting on the weekend since he couldn't be worse than Dolegala.

We'll absolutely see him.
My wife is amazing!

Pete

Likely he took team friendly contract this year and then more realistic number going forward, so they can have time to make adjustments

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on August 13, 2024, 04:23:55 PMWe'll absolutely see him.
Will be interesting.  If he can practice enough yes.  Likely not enough time this week.