Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

I didn't expect that to happen this early. Does he continue trying to catch on or does he consider coming back to the CFL shortly?

I don't think the Lions will be interested now that Adams is doing so well.

Which teams are able to afford adding him at the moment? Not many teams will find a trade partner for their current QB. Releasing them has other SMS implications.

I don't think Ottawa will be in the potential hunt after getting Brown. If Toronto gets Kelly back they won't be interested either IMO. OTOH, they could take the hit and just release him while he's in limbo?

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

If bombers aren't in with a good offer I would be highly disappointed. Even so, another QB may come loose out of this. Domino effect. Probable that he waits a couple weeks before taking CFL offers isn't it?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

The Zipp

Rourke has said he isn't returning until all nfl options have been explored.  His goal is to play in the NFL. 

As long as one team is interested he will stay down there. 

At some point teams will wonder why this dude is bouncing around so much and not sticking around. 

He was the 4th qb in New York behind Jones, Locke, devito...he wasn't getting a sniff.

His choices on where he signs have been a bit curious...his agent should be talking to the Raiders

Pigskin

Quote from: The Zipp on July 28, 2024, 02:53:23 PMRourke has said he isn't returning until all nfl options have been explored.  His goal is to play in the NFL. 

As long as one team is interested he will stay down there. 

At some point teams will wonder why this dude is bouncing around so much and not sticking around. 

He was the 4th qb in New York behind Jones, Locke, devito...he wasn't getting a sniff.

His choices on where he signs have been a bit curious...his agent should be talking to the Raiders

Has he dressed for enough games to get a pension?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Waffler on July 28, 2024, 02:50:12 PMIf bombers aren't in with a good offer I would be highly disappointed. Even so, another QB may come loose out of this. Domino effect. Probable that he waits a couple weeks before taking CFL offers isn't it?

If this was the off season I might agree. A younger up and coming QB that is also a Canadian is appealing. Collaros might have drawn trade interest. However, if any team does sign Rourke ( off season or otherwise ), others will know their starter is on the market.

That lowers the trade value if you find a partner.

I'm not certain Rourke will give up on the NFL this season. If he comes north during the off season that changes the potential opportunities.

Older oft injured QB's like Harris, Masoli, Fajardo and MBT might be out of the CFL in 2025. Even Collaros might be forced to take a large cut and / or be traded etc.

The on possible immediate opening is Toronto. They could cut bait with Kelly who is a PR nightmare.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Rourke won't be here this year for sure says Naylor.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on July 28, 2024, 03:10:53 PMHas he dressed for enough games to get a pension?

I don't think so
Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 28, 2024, 03:17:58 PMRourke won't be here this year for sure says Naylor.

Can't blame him but he may not even get a PR spot until injuries hit once the season starts.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: Pigskin on July 28, 2024, 03:10:53 PMHas he dressed for enough games to get a pension?

I don't think so..strev didn't so I don't think Rourke is even close. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 28, 2024, 03:23:34 PMI don't think so
Can't blame him but he may not even get a PR spot until injuries hit once the season starts.
No you can't. He will be riding pine, if he is lucky. He is just not thought of as a serious nfl prospect. Not even close.

bomb squad

His window is almost shut. His size is the main thing that's hurting him. I know there are other undersized qbs in the NFL who've had success, but they usually have a high college pedigree. Rourke does not. Looking forward to seeing him back next year or maybe even this year. Hamilton seems the most likely destination.

dd

I am hoping we take a serious run at him in the off season. He would be terrific here. I m thinking Edmonton will be in the hunt to rebuild their franchise, and Hamilton should kick BLM to the curb and take a run at rourke as well.

GOLDMEMBER

Maybe BC gets Rourke and we get Vern Adams?

dd

I think it will come down to a couple of things- i think everyone is going to offer him a top salary to get the discussion going, but Rourke will look to see where he will have the most success. BC has got to be top of the list. It's where he made his name and they have a decent O line, and very decent set of recievers. I'd give them best chance to sign him. I don't think he comes here because we have a very substandard O line and he'd get killed here, and our recieving corps is not top knotch. Edmonton has Geno Lewis and I can see him and Rourke lighting it up

Jesse

He'll sit in the couch for one year before coming back. Even if he doesn't get invited to another camp, I don't expect him back until at least next season.
My wife is amazing!

dd

For sure, he'll exhaust all NFL options before coming north, this is 2025 country for sure.