Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on August 26, 2024, 03:04:04 AMNo quarterback is dominating.  Adams was the best candidate over the first 6 games but then he hit a wall as defences adjusted.

I'd pin a lot of it on their Rs.  They are supposed to be the best: the 2 H's and McInnis.  Hollins must be hurt as he hasn't done crap in 5+ weeks.  Hatcher has mega-rust or still injured and has been invisible for 2 games.  McInnis has been figured out, and he isn't Eric Rogers after all.

Since BC started sucking the Rs have been dropping balls and losing 50/50s for both QBs.

Then again... our Rs have been pretty ineffective too!  I think it's the year of the DB and RB.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 26, 2024, 02:51:48 AMYou sure that's not just recency bias speaking?  Think back to how they looked in their first 5 wins.  They looked like nothing could stop them.  The first 6 weeks of CFL it was looking like a BC/MTL GC.

BC probably wasn't as good as their start.  But they certainly aren't as bad as their last 5 games.  I consider them the main contenders for us to face in the WDF, and it will be hard to beat them for the 3rd year in a row.  That's the same situation as we overcame when we finally beat CGY in '19 WDF...

I don't disagree, the Lions might even win the West but I don't see them beating the Als or the Argos in a GC matchup this year.  Nor do I see the Bombers being in a strong enough position to do so either, personnel changes and injuries have done too much damage.  I'd be pretty surprised if the GC didn't end up in the East for the 3rd straight year.