Rourke released, Signed by Atlanta...and released again AND SIGNS WITH BC

Started by Blue In BC, July 28, 2024, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on August 13, 2024, 04:23:55 PMWe'll absolutely see him.

Maybe. New playbook and new receivers. He won't have the timing down with them by this week. He hasn't played much so he isn't ready for a full 60 minute game.

They won't want to throw him into the fire.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TBURGESS

Were paying Collaros 600K & Streveler 120K = 720K for our top 2 QB's.

BC's paying VAJ 404K so they could pay Rourke 316K this year to match our top 2 QB's. Assuming Rourke is worth 600K+, 300K+ for half a season's about right.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2024, 04:35:20 PMMaybe. New playbook and new receivers. He won't have the timing down with them by this week. He hasn't played much so he isn't ready for a full 60 minute game.

They won't want to throw him into the fire.

I would assume he would play next game not this one.  Risk of injury is too high.  They are not desperate for a win (yet).

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 13, 2024, 04:37:51 PMI would assume he would play next game not this one.  Risk of injury is too high.  They are not desperate for a win (yet).

Why would the risk of injury be high?
My wife is amazing!

VictorRomano

VAJ is not gonna be happy being demoted.  Maybe BC flips him to Toronto, who cut Kelly just to get away from that debacle?

Lincoln Locomotive

This just makes the West more competitive especially if the Elks get on a roll with Tre Ford.  Rourke won't take long to get up to speed with BC and he may not play against us however he suddenly injected some hope into a team that was on a skid.    Our path to the playoffs still will likely go through Calgary however we have an uphill battle to make it at 3-6.  We certainly can't sustain too many more serious injuries.
Rourke is franchise QB material and I can see them eventually trading VAJ if they want to keep him.    He will likely be the highest paid QB in the CFL in the not too distant future assuming he plays to his considerable potential.....which I have no reason to doubt he will achieve. 
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Quote from: VictorRomano on August 13, 2024, 04:43:43 PMVAJ is not gonna be happy being demoted.  Maybe BC flips him to Toronto, who cut Kelly just to get away from that debacle?

Toronto has been nothing but supportive of Kelly. No way they cut him.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Rourke can play against Winnipeg!
He's a professional football player.
Once BC is behind by 21 in the. Third quarter it's a no brainer.

Yes he may be given play cards to quote.  He's a runner anyway, who will escape the pocket. He will find guys open if playing against a zone. If it's man he after escaping contain, will run.

He was in the NFL. The last two months.  What do you mean he's not in shape.  He just played last week.

He's a professional football player, and a great athlete.  He can simply say every body hook at. Ten, or Bobby post. He can read defenses, he will know our defensive tendencies.  And as said before, he can escape contain, and then have fun running around, create and not be touched.

Just realize, if he gets in, and plays sand lot style football, and wins, it will only add to his legend.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2024, 04:20:56 PMThat's a possibility with a rich owner. The fine is one issue but losing a draft pick would hurt as well.

In the long run, it's great for Vancouver fan interest.

I wonder if he ends up starting on the weekend since he couldn't be worse than Dolegala.

Not likely to start but we may see him stepping in late in the 4th to test the waters.  He won't have much of an effect on this weekends game but for sure the Lions are not going to lose any more games they should win going forward. He should provide the home field advantage they were seeking going into the playoffs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 13, 2024, 04:35:29 PMWere paying Collaros 600K & Streveler 120K = 720K for our top 2 QB's.

BC's paying VAJ 404K so they could pay Rourke 316K this year to match our top 2 QB's. Assuming Rourke is worth 600K+, 300K+ for half a season's about right.

Our costs for QB's was determined before TC. I doubt we could add $300K to our SMS spend today. That's the point. Lions don't have a lot of players on 6 game IR so there is less potential room to spend.

They also still have Dolegala and he might have an SMS similar to Streveler.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

ichabod_crane

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 13, 2024, 04:20:56 PMThat's a possibility with a rich owner. The fine is one issue but losing a draft pick would hurt as well.

In the long run, it's great for Vancouver fan interest.

I wonder if he ends up starting on the weekend since he couldn't be worse than Dolegala.

If they are still running the same offence or close to from before, he could certainly get some snaps.

With the way QB's are going down like flies this season though, he may last 2 plays only! WHO KNOWS?!

Pete

goes to show you, you need to make the money while you can. Adams signed team friendly contracts especially ly, when he had the team in a position they had to pay him or spend even more to get someone like MBT. Now hes under contract and will be relegated to a back up role, or traded so he ends up playing for someone else anyway.
Its on Vernon anyways though as he had to know if the "savior" returned to BC he'd be toast

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: VictorRomano on August 13, 2024, 04:43:43 PMVAJ is not gonna be happy being demoted.  Maybe BC flips him to Toronto, who cut Kelly just to get away from that debacle?
No question he will want out of there for next season.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Unsubstantiated reports that the Lions had inquired about Masoli. Obviously with Brown injured at the moment that wasn't going to happen.

What it might suggest is that Adams may be bounced to the 6 game IR. He isn't starting this week so his injury and the acquisition of Rourke may change his current status. It would also improve the SMS impact if he was added to 6 game IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions