NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Old Rusty on May 23, 2017, 12:38:49 PM
Last night's game provides a clear example of how important good goaltending is in the playoffs.

Bernier was awful,  Rinne was a beast.

And I've seen fans on social media suggest the Jets should pursue Bernier in the off-season. He's a lousy goaltender.

Rinne has been marvelous this post-season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

#Ride?

dd

Further reinforces the 3 most key positions on any hockey team are--goalie, goalie and goalie!! If we had that type of goaltending it would be a different story here as well

blue_gold_84

Yeah, Nashville's mobile, gritty, and healthy blue line sure has nothing to do with the Predators' success... ::)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

And the Senators force game 7. Did not see that coming.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 24, 2017, 02:13:52 AM
Yeah, Nashville's mobile, gritty, and healthy blue line sure has nothing to do with the Predators' success... ::)
That mobile, gritty and healthy blue line was grotesquely outshot last night, sorry, but the reason they won was the difference in goaltending, hands down

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on May 24, 2017, 03:36:20 AM
That mobile, gritty and healthy blue line was grotesquely outshot last night, sorry, for the reason they won was the difference in goaltending, hands down

One game does not a series make in the NHL playoffs. Try again. #cherrypicking
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Losing 7-0 and then winning a one goal game, cherrypicking for sure...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Old Rusty

Personally I like the second last one.  It looks like its carrying some chili.
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

dd

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 24, 2017, 03:30:43 PM
One game does not a series make in the NHL playoffs. Try again. #cherrypicking
What planet have you been on this season??? Rinne has been a driving force behind nashvilles success this season. Swap Bernier for Rinne, Nashville gets bounced last round

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: dd on May 25, 2017, 01:33:02 AM
What planet have you been on this season??? Rinne has been a driving force behind nashvilles success this season. Swap Bernier for Rinne, Nashville gets bounced last round

Playing behind a good D could make any goalie look better. The whole team D is what counts... if there is breakdowns you gett killed by 7 no matter what goalie. Jus look at Sens.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

dd

There were breakdowns in their D, their team got badly outshot, yet won the game because of the netminder. Why can you guys just not five rinse his just due, the dude played outstanding, not good, not great, outstanding and that wins key games despite being outshot by a landslide

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on May 25, 2017, 01:33:02 AM

I live on a planet where people understand hockey is a team game. Oh, and the same planet where people understand what driving force actually means.

Rinne posted a .918 SV% and 2.42 GAA in the regular season, so I'm not sure how that made him a "driving force" during that time. Typically, a player who is a driving force during the regular season gets a nomination for an individual award, such as the Vezina. All three final nominees for the Vezina posted better numbers than Rinne.

Nobody is saying strong goaltending isn't important, particularly in the playoffs. But you make comments like this:

Quote from: dd on May 24, 2017, 01:49:23 AM
Further reinforces the 3 most key positions on any hockey team are--goalie, goalie and goalie!! If we had that type of goaltending it would be a different story here as well

And all you've done is reinforce your ignorance and trivialize the realities of the sport of hockey. You then cherry pick the results of one game to further make your point... If you've even made a point at all. If all it took was a goalie to win, the Canadiens would still be in the playoffs. Same with Capitals and the Blue Jackets. Or even the Wild.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 25, 2017, 04:28:14 AM
I live on a planet where people understand hockey is a team game. Oh, and the same planet where people understand what driving force actually means.

Rinne posted a .918 SV% and 2.42 GAA in the regular season, so I'm not sure how that made him a "driving force" during that time. Typically, a player who is a driving force during the regular season gets a nomination for an individual award, such as the Vezina. All three final nominees for the Vezina posted better numbers than Rinne.

Nobody is saying strong goaltending isn't important, particularly in the playoffs. But you make comments like this:

And all you've done is reinforce your ignorance and trivialize the realities of the sport of hockey. You then cherry pick the results of one game to further make your point... If you've even made a point at all. If all it took was a goalie to win, the Canadiens would still be in the playoffs. Same with Capitals and the Blue Jackets. Or even the Wild.
look
Who's whining now
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Old Rusty

Lets go Ottawa! :o

Geez that sort of feels weird. :D
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.