NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Jockitch on June 06, 2017, 03:40:54 AM
Soooooooo shocked that the Preds were able to win the back to back games .......... this Cup final may show how the last seed can grow & win.

Without Johansen...

I think they used the 7th man very effectively.  If they can ride this high into Pittsburgh and steal a game, all bets are off..
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on June 06, 2017, 02:10:50 PM
Without Johansen...

I think they used the 7th man very effectively.  If they can ride this high into Pittsburgh and steal a game, all bets are off..

If the Predators win game 5, I think it ends in 6 in Nashville. Hell, if not for Rinne's shaky netminding in game 1, this series could have been over tomorrow.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Some interesting news out of Seattle today: http://www.king5.com/news/local/arena/oak-view-group-selected-seattle-keyarena-renovation/446404255?C=N

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray will announce Wednesday that he has selected the Oak View Group to redevelop KeyArena.

The group, led by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff, will spearhead a $564 million gut remodel of the facility on the Seattle Center campus. They are also bringing some blockbuster power with them ? two prospective NHL owners.

A source close to the project says Leiweke will announce that his Seattle effort will be joined by Boston Celtics Minority Owner David Bonderman, a billionaire and University of Washington grad, and Jerry Bruckheimer, the Hollywood action movie mogul...

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

blue_or_die

Finally got to watch a game this series (I know, I know) and I watched that garbage? Man..

Hoping for a rebound in Nash and to go to 7 for us fans.
#Ride?

The Zipp

Greasy game winner...yawn pens win again...

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on June 12, 2017, 02:57:18 AM
Greasy game winner...yawn pens win again...
X2 playoffs are just way to long!!!

Crosby wins again! They had no D. Coaching must have been top notch. Take note Jets!!!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

http://www.tsn.ca/fleury-waives-nmc-will-be-exposed-to-vegas-barring-trade-1.776982

Waived it in February, apparently. Gonna be really interesting to see where he ends up.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

MAF is going to get traded or drafted/traded...  I really hope that Chevy is in on this one. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on June 12, 2017, 08:44:51 PM
MAF is going to get traded or drafted/traded...  I really hope that Chevy is in on this one. 

who?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

So, who does LV go with as a goalkeeper? 

dd

I am hoping that the Jets land MAF and we can finally move to the next level of competing.

blue_gold_84

Complete Hockey News‏ @CompleteHkyNews  2h

According to Ray Ferraro, the Vegas Golden Knights plan to keep Marc-Andr? Fleury next season rather than flip him.

Not sure if this has been confirmed but Ferraro seems to know his stuff.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Drouin traded to the Habs for Sergachev.  I think Tampa Bay wins this one. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on June 15, 2017, 09:43:45 PM
Drouin traded to the Habs for Sergachev.  I think Tampa Bay wins this one. 

And then the Habs re-signed Drouin to a pretty massive multi-year deal: http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-acquire-drouin-from-lightning-for-sergachev-1.780437

...signed Drouin to a six-year, $33-million contract extension.

Not sure if I agree with moving a defensive prospect, but the Habs really needed an offensive upgrade. The Bolts basically just added more power to their back end, which was already solid as hell to begin with.

Tons of pressure on Drouin now, though. Gonna be interesting to watch who benefits most down the road from this trade.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.