NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jersey

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 18, 2017, 08:54:09 PM
Watch how it happened. Fleury got zero support last night.
Fleury was also letting in some weak goals. 1st goal was rebound off boards he was not even at his post and boom banked in off him and in. 4th goal, Fluery was not even in the game, seemed rattled and just messed that time right up. The entire team was ****, Fluery had his role. 4 Goals on 9 shots... eek.
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

Jersey

poor ottawa not selling there home games out but still well over 18,500 for the games! Its big attendance for small market city. Besides one playoff game of 16,000 plus...they've been well over 18,000. Sens ahve played well on home ice they need to take care of it vs Pens.

Ott beat pens 2 outta 3 times this year!
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

dd

Getzlaf got fined $10,000 for saying something--what the heck did he say??

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on May 21, 2017, 07:20:25 PM
Getzlaf got fined $10,000 for saying something--what the heck did he say??
something about his mother
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

I doubt that. I can't believe players can't even swear anymore in the heat of the battle in professional sports. I ve played and heard all sorts of language , it s the way it's been forever. Colin Campbell is a hypocrite for administering this fine as he had a trash mouth just like everyone else in his playing days.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

I don't know what he said but I don't see why the over reaction over this . I ve played in sponge hockey games where the language is pretty blue --this is the NHL!!!--sometimes things get heated and things are said,  big deal. It's a hockey game not the opera!!

ModAdmin

....and there are some things that shouldn't be said...even in the heat of the moment.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on May 21, 2017, 11:39:34 PM
I don't know what he said but I don't see why the over reaction over this . I ve played in sponge hockey games where the language is pretty blue --this is the NHL!!!--sometimes things get heated and things are said,  big deal. It's a hockey game not the opera!!

Exactly, it's the NHL, a professional league. Players are expected act in a professional manner.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on May 21, 2017, 11:39:34 PM

Getzlaf gets paid to play, this is not beer league or spongee.  He makes more in a game than most people make in a year.  And he has a responsibility (and probably moral clauses) that govern his behaviour.

There are plenty of expletives you can use to beak off to an opponent or a ref.  Racial or sexists slurs are not on that list.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

buckzumhoff

You can see what type of person Getzlaff is on the ice and bench . When they were down 3-1 , with a few seconds to go,  they tried to start a fight 3 players on their team against one. A real  captain.   Too bad he just doesn't play the game , he might get his team playing hockey.

dd

Quote from: theaardvark on May 22, 2017, 05:34:45 AM
Getzlaf gets paid to play, this is not beer league or spongee.  He makes more in a game than most people make in a year.  And he has a responsibility (and probably moral clauses) that govern his behaviour.

There are plenty of expletives you can use to beak off to an opponent or a ref.  Racial or sexists slurs are not on that list.
Let's not confuse being a professional athlete with conducting yourself professionally with a code of ethics like a doctor, lawyer, engineer etc. They are paid to play a sport, hence the term professional athlete, but they are far from professional in their conduct. Between the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLA we have fine examples of racists, wife beaters, drug dealers, convicted dog fighters, guys caught punching their girlfriends in the face knocking them out, guys associated with organized crime/games etc etc and the list goes on. To suggest they act more respectful than beer leaguers is a joke--they are the poster child for what goes wrong when someone gets too much money and fame for playing a stupid game.

I don't condone what Getzlaf said--I still don't know what he said, but the fact that he was fined and then came out later to apologize for being out of line was great. He said a few bad words, big deal--get over it. He didn't rape, assault, kill, deal drugs or partake in any federal offenses, which are crimes fellow 'professional athletes' do so often we ve become callous to it

Old Rusty

EDIT - none of these are my own - I'm just a messenger for this board, pulling them off the web.  There are some incredibly talented and imaginative people out there!
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

Old Rusty

Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

Old Rusty

Last night's game provides a clear example of how important good goaltending is in the playoffs.

Bernier was awful,  Rinne was a beast.
Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.