Blue Bombers Forum
October 17, 2019, 01:06:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2019/2020 Season  (Read 2385 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2019, 01:44:50 AM »

This just in and hot off the press....

JETS SINK

The D suck, Helle is not good, the forwards to not bother coming into our zone, and PoMo is just pain terrible at pulling levers.

Ans Sawyer is in about the same level as friggin Rod Black as a broadcaster. Nauseating to listen to.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »

It was hard to watch. Just not very good right now.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2019, 02:52:37 AM »

This just in and hot off the press....

JETS SINK

The D suck, Helle is not good, the forwards to not bother coming into our zone, and PoMo is just pain terrible at pulling levers.

Ans Sawyer is in about the same level as friggin Rod Black as a broadcaster. Nauseating to listen to.

Well ur a wee bit mad.

I actually like how this is going.

.....  Young guys having their ***** handed to them.

They gotta figure this out.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2019, 03:11:05 AM »

Well ur a wee bit mad.

no I am not mad if fact I am in the process of caring less actually. To like how this is going is strange unless you want to tank for Lafie or Byfield.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2019, 11:55:01 AM »

Well ur a wee bit mad.

Depends where you think we are.

If we are rebuilding and have a lot of young guys because we dumped vets because we were underachieving and need to start over (see: 2011-2016 Winnipeg Trashers), then absolutely we need to develop and play young guys through the tough times.

Or are we past that narrative and should be expected to be much more successful?

That said, I don't think we were atrocious last night, as we did a good job creating lots of chances. I don't feel walked over after that game. However, we need to close on those chances and we absolutely did not. I thought the Coyote goals were weak.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2019, 12:04:12 PM »

Depends where you think we are.

If we are rebuilding and have a lot of young guys because we dumped vets because we were underachieving and need to start over (see: 2011-2016 Winnipeg Trashers), then absolutely we need to develop and play young guys through the tough times.

Or are we past that narrative and should be expected to be much more successful?

That said, I don't think we were atrocious last night, as we did a good job creating lots of chances. I don't feel walked over after that game. However, we need to close on those chances and we absolutely did not. I thought the Coyote goals were weak.

Exactly just playing the "young guys need to develop card" year after year is just as bad as repeating that the Bombers don't have issues on Defence. 

Eventually fans may stop paying top NHL prices for a team with AHL quality defensive lines.  We have some really good players on this team who are not "young guys" anymore.

theaardvark

« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2019, 01:28:26 PM »

Not sure why Heinola is out again. The kid needs to play. Either play him on the Jets with some growing pains or send him down to the Moose. Sitting him isn?t accomplishing much. Happy for Gustafsson getting the call for tonight?s game. Also, there?s rumblings that things are looking more positive for a Buff return! I sure hope it happens! Imagine the reaction from the crowd he would get if he returns- might  blow the roof off!

10 games and they burn a year of ELC.  Tough to do that, and then send him down... especially in today's world of cap concerns.

My take is that if 33 was in uniform, they send Heinola down.  Until he makes a decision, there area a lot of dominoes in place, including Heinola. 

If they play Heinola 10 games, burn his ELC year, and then Buff comes back...  so in the meantime, he stays witht he club, practices with them, and gets game action in spots, until they HAVE to make the decision..

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2019, 10:09:37 PM »

It has been report on T&S today that the Jet's did not sell out last night. Interesting.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2019, 11:21:37 PM »

It has been report on T&S today that the Jet's did not sell out last night. Interesting.

Crowds are dead as well...compared to a few years ago...I think Toronto makes more noise and certainly many in the States are far louder and lively than what we have here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
  Print  

Jump to: