Blue Bombers Forum
April 22, 2018, 11:29:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season  (Read 54378 times)
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #2070 on: April 21, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »

NHL Public Relations  @PR_NHL

The @NHLJets became the first team to post a series-clinching shutout win by a margin of 5+ goals since @SanJoseSharks in #Game7 of the 2016 Conference Semifinals vs. NSH (5-0 W). #NHLStats #StanleyCup

Its great seeing the league want to keep putting out the Jets name, but attaching "records" like this to truly historic events kinda waters down the message... 

We're we the first team to clinch a first round playoff series with only 2 left handed D playing in the final game?  Or some other less important "stat"?

2 back to back shutouts by a 24 year old,  most wins by an American goalie in a season... these are not "records" that anyone follows... might be an interesting tidbit for a colour guy to quote during a braodcast, sure, fill in empty air, but more than that?  Nah..

Is this a real stat?    I think the Wings won a Cup series with all left or right guys.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Chris1982

« Reply #2071 on: April 21, 2018, 07:42:34 PM »

Can you explain?   Im not being a smartass i really dont get it.

I could be wrong, but I am assuming that he means that Hendricks is some sort of underdog like Rudy was and everyone is cheering for him?

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
theaardvark

« Reply #2072 on: April 21, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »

I could be wrong, but I am assuming that he means that Hendricks is some sort of underdog like Rudy was and everyone is cheering for him?

Hendricks has been a catalyst all season, in or out of the lineup, the vet presence, the guy choosing the dressing room music, etc.  Now, during the biggest games of the year, he's in the pressbox.  So, maybe all the players lined up and said, "Put Matty in for me, coach" and put their sweaters on his desk... and Ehlers was the one chosen to sit.

Or maybe he was just feeling under the weather...  "malaise" as it were.

Interesting "colour guy" tidbit... in 2010, he apparently signed with the Caps to work under the tutelage of Bruce Boudreau... 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Chris1982

« Reply #2073 on: April 21, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »

Hendricks has been a catalyst all season, in or out of the lineup, the vet presence, the guy choosing the dressing room music, etc.  Now, during the biggest games of the year, he's in the pressbox.  So, maybe all the players lined up and said, "Put Matty in for me, coach" and put their sweaters on his desk... and Ehlers was the one chosen to sit.

Or maybe he was just feeling under the weather...  "malaise" as it were.

Interesting "colour guy" tidbit... in 2010, he apparently signed with the Caps to work under the tutelage of Bruce Boudreau... 

That is quite the stretch if you are trying to compare Hendricks-Ehlers situation to the movie Rudy.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
theaardvark

« Reply #2074 on: April 21, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »

That is quite the stretch if you are trying to compare Hendricks-Ehlers situation to the movie Rudy.

It was a bloody joke... wow... of course I don't think they would have done that for Hendricks.  Well... I'm pretty sure they didn't.  Although with this group...  nah.  But maybe... 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #2075 on: April 21, 2018, 08:57:24 PM »

Good grief.

Im sitting here n thinking....  Its not the same at all.

Are you sure you dont smoke weed Aards?   If not maybe give it a try.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:05:10 PM by New_Earth_Mud » Logged

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #2076 on: April 21, 2018, 11:25:13 PM »

Wild in six games.

Then stop dressing up so goofy for television lol......

...preds in six (?)

Lolololololololol

Cuck-a-doodle-doo!

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139]
  Print  

Jump to: