Blue Bombers Forum
November 19, 2018, 03:46:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 11964 times)
jets4life

« Reply #495 on: November 15, 2018, 08:17:24 AM »

God bless the Jets. They are starting to turn it up a notch. 11-5-1 and once again in the top 5 in the the league.
Jesse

« Reply #496 on: November 15, 2018, 12:29:49 PM »

Had me a little worried there for a moment, but we seem to be pulling it together.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #497 on: November 15, 2018, 12:50:56 PM »

Great win, albeit without Holtby, Oshie and Kuznetsov at the tail of their b2b. Ripe for the picking, and we should have taken advantage, which we did in the final two periods.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #498 on: November 15, 2018, 01:17:26 PM »

Not the start I was expecting but they found their game in the final 40 minutes and got the win.

Beauty GWG by Chiarot, too. He had a very good game.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #499 on: November 15, 2018, 04:20:10 PM »

Chiarot with his third goal after scoring 2 all season last year.

Morrissey to get a hearing for the hit on Oshie. I think if he didn't have a bit of history then it would have slid. I'm hoping he doesn't have a target on his back from Player Safety  Undecided
Jockitch

« Reply #500 on: November 15, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »

Jets survived the 1st period, thanks HellB, then Caps took a few penalties & Jets picked up the beat big time.  WOW did they ever make good chances happen.
Really was a very good team victory

Heard on 1290 Radio that Kristian Vesalainen is expected to be leaving the Moose & playing in the KHL by next week.   Contract is to be with Jokerit.
He had 8 points in 8 games with the Moose. Overseas is a long way away from a call up when injuries, and there will be some, occur.

Morrissey certainly put Oshie to the ice ......... is a suspension on the way Huh

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
Jockitch

« Reply #501 on: November 15, 2018, 04:42:46 PM »

Watching Hockey Central on SportsNet & they've spent quite a bit of time talking about the Jets, including last nights game.
The 3 fellas, Merrick, Kypreos & Doug MacLean, agree that Morrissey should not be suspended but fined. They feel if the NHL suspends him it opens the hockey play to
many more suspensions when a player goes to the ice.    Other things mentioned including Laine & other Jets ....... not being able to score at even strength.

*** they dug out this fact ......... EYE OPENER ......... Jets are only 29th in 5 on 5 scoring.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
theaardvark

« Reply #502 on: November 15, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »

Watching Hockey Central on SportsNet & they've spent quite a bit of time talking about the Jets, including last nights game.
The 3 fellas, Merrick, Kypreos & Doug MacLean, agree that Morrissey should not be suspended but fined. They feel if the NHL suspends him it opens the hockey play to
many more suspensions when a player goes to the ice.    Other things mentioned including Laine & other Jets ....... not being able to score at even strength.

*** they dug out this fact ......... EYE OPENER ......... Jets are only 29th in 5 on 5 scoring.

Lucky they lead the league on the PP

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
bluengold204

« Reply #503 on: November 15, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »

Yeah Laine is pretty ******, if i were Maurice I would only play him on the powerplay and that's it
theaardvark

« Reply #504 on: November 15, 2018, 07:52:49 PM »

Yeah Laine is pretty ******, if i were Maurice I would only play him on the powerplay and that's it

Yup, just give him PP time until his 5 on 5 numbers improve... ummm... hold it...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #505 on: November 15, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »

Yup, just give him PP time until his 5 on 5 numbers improve... ummm... hold it...

Best to just ignore him and his hateful garbage comments.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #506 on: November 16, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »

Laine to start with Connor, what a tremendous skilled hustler, & Little while Copp begins with his buddies Lowry & Tanev ...... Brossoit in the net

Hope Myers reminds us why we traded for him & got rid of Zach Bogosian ........ as parts of Chevy's big trade

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #507 on: November 17, 2018, 03:45:27 PM »

Beauty feed from Laine on Connor's goal last night. Unfortunate nobody else could find the back of the net for the Jets. Both goalies were very good last night, though.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Jockitch

« Reply #508 on: November 17, 2018, 07:05:22 PM »

Brossoit sure did a great job of giving the Jets a chance to win ......... alas the Sabres earned the win.
 So that is the 6th of the last 7 games the Jets have been outshot .......... stats can be misleading in many games but overall possession & finish keeps good teams winning.
Real team movement by the Sabres had the Jets chasing the puck for too much of the game after the 1st period.
Buffalo stayed out of the penalty box, other than once, causing the Jets to try & succeed at the 5 on 5 game .......... decent compete but only Connor's goal.

Wheels  (2 of his 3 goals into an empty net) has to start scoring for the chances he gets.   His PP assists are wonderful but scoring has to complete his profile.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]
  Print  

Jump to: