Blue Bombers Forum
June 26, 2019, 06:19:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2018/2019 Season  (Read 48960 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #1155 on: June 25, 2019, 07:00:28 PM »

To bad thought Morrow was pretty steady.
blue_or_die

« Reply #1156 on: June 25, 2019, 07:44:18 PM »

We have plenty of bottom pairing defensemen.

The loss of Trouba and Myers is going to hurt bad, and that's not even including Chiarot who IMO is a stalwart.
theaardvark

« Reply #1157 on: June 25, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »

I think Chiarot and Beaulieu may end up in Jets Jerseys yet, if Myers doesn't.  But no way do I want Chevy to give Myers 6+ years or 6+Million... love the player, but that is too much, considering his injury history.

Anxious for Niku and Stanley to make the next step... Nogier is another depth guy that light step up...

I think our D corps are OK, no need to bust the bank for them, get Connor and Liane signed.

Just wondering, does Pujalarvi make a better fit here than Ehlers?  Love Ehlers, and he's on a club friendly contract, but is he turning into Burmistrov? Delightful to watch, occasional brilliance and then disappears when it counts?  And is Ehlers a distraction for Liane?  Does Pujalarvi fit better?  I am asking because I really don't know...  would Pujalarvi and a First rounder for Ehlers sound like a decent deal for both teams?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #1158 on: June 25, 2019, 08:36:10 PM »

6 years at 6 mil, I would take that. 6 years at 7mil, I am on the fence. Anymore then that, I am out.
theaardvark

« Reply #1159 on: June 25, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »

6 years at 6 mil, I would take that. 6 years at 7mil, I am on the fence. Anymore then that, I am out.

He's 29 now, and has been remarkably healthy the last two years, but prior was problematic.  So, 6 mil for next year is a good contract, but you'd have to think, with his history and size that he's going to be a contract you might regret in 3 or 4 years...  Buff is 34 with 2 more years, and his last two have been injury plagued... missing 13 games two years ago, and half the season last year...

Someone is going to give Myers 6 at 6, no doubt, h might even get 6 at 7 or 7 at 6... and much as I like him, I just think that's too much of a risk for a draft and develop team.  That contract could prevent us keeping a Niku or Stanley when they come up to RFA / UFA...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #1160 on: June 25, 2019, 10:46:02 PM »

he is vilified in the Jets hfboards forum.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]
  Print  

Jump to: