Official Game Day Thread - Sask. at Winnipeg, (Banjo Bowl) September 7, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 06, 2024, 04:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

I'm not worried about the Streveler injury. Yes it sucks but one thing we've learned about this club is we can find players. We needed to replace and found Garbut, we needed to replace Lawler and found Wilson, we needed to replace Yoshi and found Franklin, and Jones, and Ford, etc. We'll find someone to take over for Strev. Next man up. It's part of the game and nobody does it better than we do.
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/11/banjo-bowl-tv-rating-drops-over-17-percent-despite-riders-bombers-airing-on-ctv/
Quote from: J5V on September 11, 2024, 05:08:11 PMI'm not worried about the Streveler injury. Yes it sucks but one thing we've learned about this club is we can find players. We needed to replace and found Garbut, we needed to replace Lawler and found Wilson, we needed to replace Yoshi and found Franklin, and Jones, and Ford, etc. We'll find someone to take over for Strev. Next man up. It's part of the game and nobody does it better than we do.
Heavy agree all

TecnoGenius

Wednesday came and went... no word on fines?  Want to find out what Brown is getting.  I'll be shocked if there's not something.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 12, 2024, 10:54:49 AMWednesday came and went... no word on fines?  Want to find out what Brown is getting.  I'll be shocked if there's not something.

I think fines are announced on Thursday, so I expect something at some point today.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pete

If there was a suspension we would have heard about the cfl contacting Brown for a hearing

J5V

Quote from: Pete on September 12, 2024, 04:18:14 PMIf there was a suspension we would have heard about the cfl contacting Brown for a hearing
The CFL probably slid Brown a bonus under the table and told him "Next time, make sure you get Collaros".  :-\
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

So no fines this week??  League-wide?  Brown gets a seal of approval from the CFL: "ya, great job, keep maiming QBs! See if you can get to 5!"?
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Sir Blue and Gold

I'm not convinced the hit is worth a fine. It was significantly less questionable than the headshot he went out of his way to deliver in the Labour Day game. It sucks Streveler sustained such a serious injury but I think this one was just a football play. A flag by the letter of the law but if Streveler gets up and walks off no one is thinking there should be further discipline.

theaardvark

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 13, 2024, 01:44:33 PMI'm not convinced the hit is worth a fine. It was significantly less questionable than the headshot he went out of his way to deliver in the Labour Day game. It sucks Streveler sustained such a serious injury but I think this one was just a football play. A flag by the letter of the law but if Streveler gets up and walks off no one is thinking there should be further discipline.

A legal hit that leaves a player injured, no fine.

An illegal hit, that draws a flag, and puts a player into a situation where he can suffer a potentially career ending injury, pretty sure that's what the fines are for.  Whether he sustains the injury, or walks off.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on September 13, 2024, 01:51:10 PMA legal hit that leaves a player injured, no fine.

An illegal hit, that draws a flag, and puts a player into a situation where he can suffer a potentially career ending injury, pretty sure that's what the fines are for.  Whether he sustains the injury, or walks off.

So every and all roughing the passer penalties should also be fined by the league afterwards?

blue_gold_84

Brown claimed he was pushed into Streveler, but it looks more like he lunged at him as he was falling.

It doesn't seem like the league is going to do anything about it, so it is what it is.

Here's hoping the slimy green loser machine misses the playoffs yet again.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

theaardvark

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 13, 2024, 01:55:10 PMSo every and all roughing the passer penalties should also be fined by the league afterwards?

RTP can be a passing handswipe that hits the head, or a head butt causing concussion.  If the infraction is egregious, whether there is an injury or not, yes, a fine is appropriate.

Brown's wrap and twist with his full weight behind it was egregious.  The outcome, which would not be the reason for the fine, is a confirmation of the nature of the hit.  And the nature of the hit is the reason for the fine, and the addition to a "repeat offenders" list.  He's taken QB's out of games 3 times this year.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

Does it feel like the league is delaying the announcement of fines/suspensions this week in hopes of some of the furor on both sides dying down? No matter what they decide on the Brown situation there will be large criticism.
I know both teams are on byes but surely there was a fine or two in the other games,