Official Game Day Thread - Sask. at Winnipeg, (Banjo Bowl) September 7, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 06, 2024, 04:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Arguably the most well known back to back games and rivalry and game name in the CFl.

Saskatchewan and Winnipeg - the Banjo Bowl!

A full stadium, a great looking weather forecast, Zach Collaros looks to return to the lineup and an opportunity to solidify 1st place in the West.

Ed Tait's 48-Hour Primer is here!

Adam Bighill is out for this game.  Pat Neufeld is "Questionable" but has had full participation in the last two practices.  Stanley Bryant and Lucky Whitehead did not practice September 5th and are listed as "Doubtful".

Depth Chart and additional news will be posted tomorrow.

Aside from the game, get to PA Stadium early...

Tailgate begins at 11:00 am on game day with $5.00 beer, $3.50 hot dogs and $3.50 fountain drinks.  There will be a Watermelon Eating Contest at 12:30 pm.

Another important game against the team we most love to beat!  Let's Go Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 06, 2024, 04:30:00 AMAdam Bighill is out for this game.  Pat Neufeld is "Questionable" but has had full participation in the last two practices.  Stanley Bryant and Lucky Whitehead did not practice September 5th and are listed as "Doubtful".

Ugh... No Big Stan is bad news.  I'm telling you guys, something is fishy here... flu doesn't affect you that badly for 3 weeks(!) straight!  Chart still says "illness".

It would be great then if Neufeld could dress.  Toy with the idea of him at LT?  Switch him and Randolph if one is sucking badly?  I think Randolph worked well enough in the last game at LT that I'd start him there again.  Maybe Neufeld at his normal spot then.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Riderfans picking SSK to win BB in their pickems by about 2 to 1... that's a bit unusual compared to past years where they usually pick WPG by about 2 to 1.  Those greenies clearly have hope due to their good (luck!) season start!

Gamezone fantasy players picking WPG 66%-34% so far.  Clearly there's some green goggles going on in Reginaville!
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 06, 2024, 05:57:41 AMUgh... No Big Stan is bad news.  I'm telling you guys, something is fishy here... flu doesn't affect you that badly for 3 weeks(!) straight!  Chart still says "illness".

It would be great then if Neufeld could dress.  Toy with the idea of him at LT?  Switch him and Randolph if one is sucking badly?  I think Randolph worked well enough in the last game at LT that I'd start him there again.  Maybe Neufeld at his normal spot then.

Randolph definitely stays at LT if Stanley can't go. Coaches decision on Neufeld vs Eli.

Blueforlife

Loud and proud my friends.  Don't forget the ear protection for the kiddies.

wpg#1

WE have to put more pressure on Harris. Force him to rush his throws, sending 3 all game last week just didn't put enough pressure on him.

Anyway GO BLUE !!!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

Blue In BC

CFL.CA transactions show Hubert out, Chris-Ike to PR and Bridges added to AR?  Nothing against Bridges but I would have though Adams on the DL over another DB would have been preferable.

No info on OL questions yet.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 06, 2024, 02:05:27 PMCFL.CA transactions show Hubert out, Chris-Ike to PR and Bridges added to AR?  Nothing against Bridges but I would have though Adams on the DL over another DB would have been preferable.

No info on OL questions yet.

If we're going to rush 3 and drop 9 again Bridges makes perfect sense.

jdrattops

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 06, 2024, 05:57:41 AMUgh... No Big Stan is bad news.  I'm telling you guys, something is fishy here... flu doesn't affect you that badly for 3 weeks(!) straight!  Chart still says "illness".

He did get in a practice this week so that's good news.  He's a big man, it takes time to recover this day and age, even from a common cold.  It looked like he ran his body down to nothing against Hammy so I'm giving him 3 weeks to recover.  He'll be back for one of the 2 Edmonton games.

Sir Blue and Gold

Man, we're starting 10 Canadians. Why not go all American on the defensive line. Lucky is fine, apparently.

M.O.A.B.

In: OL Neufeld DB Bridges
Out: DL Hubert LB Adams

Officially DT Adams (the best DT we have) is in O'Shea's or Younger's dog house.

Slingin Sammy

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 06, 2024, 02:49:45 PMMan, we're starting 10 Canadians. Why not go all American on the defensive line. Lucky is fine, apparently.

I agree.  With the return of Neufeld, I thought they would have considered taking Vanterpool off the AR and putting Adams in on the DL; that might be too risky given Neufeld's early return to the lineup and their apparent plan to rush 3 on most D snaps.
Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Pete

add me to the disappointed list of not having Adams come in. if they don't think he's good enough bring in someone else our dline pr is a joke. nearly every big play Harris made was with little pressure on him. With out their regular centers you'd think we try to exploit this with more strength in the interior of our line. We don't gameplan to the opposition but stick to our way of doing things and we aren't strong enough to do that anymore.
 Once again Johnson is still in, a player most do see as a liability but they continue to play until the next season when they don't even make it to training camp. My question is where is Pierce and Younger in all this? We blame O"Shea but if they don't have the ability to  choose their best lineup then something is seriously wrong.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on September 06, 2024, 03:21:39 PMadd me to the disappointed list of not having Adams come in. if they don't think he's good enough bring in someone else our dline pr is a joke. nearly every big play Harris made was with little pressure on him. With out their regular centers you'd think we try to exploit this with more strength in the interior of our line. We don't gameplan to the opposition but stick to our way of doing things and we aren't strong enough to do that anymore.
 Once again Johnson is still in, a player most do see as a liability but they continue to play until the next season when they don't even make it to training camp. My question is where is Pierce and Younger in all this? We blame O"Shea but if they don't have the ability to  choose their best lineup then something is seriously wrong.

Really did not care for that no-pressure prevent 3-man front they finished the game with last week, that's like playing poker with your cards face up! If they use the same strategy Trevor Harris will dissect them again, Younger needs to employ more deception in his methods, there should always be an extra player that can add to the rush when called for.

M.O.A.B.

Looks like the Bombers will be focusing on limiting Harris's production thru the air. That's why we are carrying more DBs than normal.

Now, Rider's can throw a wrench by utilizing Patterson and their run game against our tired DL and our weak LB line.