Rider Fans

Started by bluegold4life, September 05, 2022, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegold4life

Well I called it when talking to my buddies and sure enough it happened. As witnessed on their forum, this is the Rider Fans excuses not mine.

- Riders lost because of the officiating
- Receiver didnt push off on the offensive PI penalty.
- Bombers OL were holding all night
- A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called.
- Bombers were throwing illegal blocks on ST all night.

Talk about a bunch of whiners. The officiating wasn't great but not horrible either, simple fact is the Riders are a very undisciplined team and Craig Dickenson challenging the offensive PI. Riders were beat and officiating wasn't a factor in the loss.

Crybaby's in Sask

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: bluegold4life on September 05, 2022, 09:35:54 AM
Well I called it when talking to my buddies and sure enough it happened. As witnessed on their forum, this is the Rider Fans excuses not mine.

Talk about a bunch of whiners. The officiating wasn't great but not horrible either, simple fact is the Riders are a very undisciplined team and Craig Dickenson challenging the offensive PI. Riders were beat and officiating wasn't a factor in the loss.

Crybaby's in Sask
You can't really say officiating wasn't a factor in this game as the Riders took 100 yards in penalties....what was a determining factor in the outcome  is the fact that the Riders are the most undisciplined  team in the CFL for a reason.   It's a culture that has been allowed to flourish within their organization and that stems from management and coaching from the top down.    Not impressed whatsoever by Dickenson's attitude!!   
Bomber fan for life

Sir Blue and Gold

Crybaby's in Sask

Pretty standard fan behavior. When we weren't very good and took a ton of penalties we thought the reffing was pretty terrible too. Good teams don't take a lot of penalties. The Riders are consistently getting flagged. It's happened all year, with every crew in almost every game.

TBURGESS

A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called. That one happened on a 3rd down sneak, helmet to helmet. No call.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 02:51:05 PM
A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called. That one happened on a 3rd down sneak, helmet to helmet. No call.

so you think that cancels the cheap shot on Zach?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 05, 2022, 02:56:15 PM
so you think that cancels the cheap shot on Zach?
No & as you know I didn't say that.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 03:02:09 PM
No & as you know I didn't say that.

Is that the play Bighill went over the top to make contact with Fajardo?  As we've discussed before it's pretty much impossible to avoid helmet contact on 3rd down sneaks as the QB is leading with his head as are the tacklers.

TBURGESS

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 05, 2022, 03:21:09 PM
Is that the play Bighill went over the top to make contact with Fajardo?  As we've discussed before it's pretty much impossible to avoid helmet contact on 3rd down sneaks as the QB is leading with his head as are the tacklers.
I don't think it was Bighill. Faj-jj got the first down and got hit helmet to helmet, not from a jump over top.

I don't think it should have been called because he's a RB in that situation, not a QB, but it did happen.

Waffler

Maybe someone can tell me why they risk their starter in the pile on their 3rd and shorts?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on September 05, 2022, 03:27:29 PM
Maybe someone can tell me why they risk their starter in the pile on their 3rd and shorts?

Knowing Dickenson, he probably allows Fajardo to make that decision.

dd

The fans whining is understandable, they just lost a heartbreaking game at home and it?s somebodys fault right??

I admire Dickenson?s loyalty to his players when pressed about the discipline issues. Even though he said duke should be sorry he took the penalty I doubt he is and he will take more stupid penalties again. Now that they have Lenin?s back, I?d think duke is one more stupid penalty away from being benched.

His comment that Winnipeg is good at drawing the penalties is a bit of a red herring. Our DB did nothing to draw the offensive PI call, it was all on the reciever. The bombers were just playing football, they weren?t out there taking dives. The penalties called are 100% on the players committing them, don?t try and say the other team is drawing them. What bunk.

bomb squad

Quote from: Waffler on September 05, 2022, 03:27:29 PM

Good point. And then whine on top of it.

jdrattops

Crybaby's in Sask

Some are moving the other way on this, as heard on their post game call in show.  Many are disgusted by the undisciplined actions of their team this year, and many are keeping their jerseys in their closets until the mess is cleaned up.  The wolves are out and getting louder, you gotta think one or two of Reynolds, O'Day, and Dickenson will be gone this off season if things continue.  Rider Forum fans wear the thickest of green glasses and only see things their way.  The whining looks good on them, but isn't a true reflection of their full fan base.

TBURGESS

Quite frankly, Bomber fans would say a lot of the same things if we'd lost because of stupid penalties and stupid play calling. The truth is that Bomber fans and Rider fans are very much alike.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 04:02:09 PM
Quite frankly, Bomber fans would say a lot of the same things if we'd lost because of stupid penalties and stupid play calling. The truth is that Bomber fans and Rider fans are very much alike.

Bombers don't take nearly the number of undisciplined penalties as the Riders. A few procedure or off side penalties is more the norm which falls more into timing issues than stupidity as it does with some Riders penalties.
2019 Grey Cup Champions