Rider Fans

Started by bluegold4life, September 05, 2022, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John T.

Quote from: bludan on September 13, 2022, 10:33:15 PM
Hypothetical question..... How would this Riders team fare with our coaching staff?  I assume Duke Williams would no longer be on the team, but other than that, roster stays the same.  I would assume at least 3 more wins.  Probably more.  They would have beaten us in the Labour Day game for sure.

I'm reasonably certain that every team in the league would have a better record with our coaching staff. That's how good they are.

I said, the day that the Riders hired Brendan Taman, that they were in for a world of hurt for at least the next decade. Taman made decisions while running the Bombers that hurt the team for years, and I think Saskatchewan is now going through the same thing. Things are going to get worse there before they get better, and no, they're not very good right now.

It's completely true that a team is as good as its record, not as good as its players. Right now the Riders have a losing record...they're not a good team. This doesn't mean that they can't turn it around, but right now, they're not very good. End of story.

In 2010, Paul LaPolice's first year as Bomber head coach, the team lost something like six games by a total of ten points. They were snakebit, and lost games they shouldn't have lost. Had they won those games they would have finished first or second, but they lost those games, and finished last. They deserved to finish last, because they lost those games...hence, they weren't a good team.

The Bombers didn't start to get good again until they blew it all up and started over again, right from the top. I see the Riders as being in sort of the same position right now (thanks, Taman). They're not going to truly compete on a year to year basis until they blow it up and start over, and because it's the Riders, I'm quite alright with it taking them the rest of my life to figure it out. But that's just me.

GOLDMEMBER

I honestly found only two sections that had clustered groups of rider fans maybe approximately 30 to 50 groups. Very very few scattered about through out the rest of the stadium. It was almost all blue and gold
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!