Rider Fans

Started by bluegold4life, September 05, 2022, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegold4life

Well I called it when talking to my buddies and sure enough it happened. As witnessed on their forum, this is the Rider Fans excuses not mine.

- Riders lost because of the officiating
- Receiver didnt push off on the offensive PI penalty.
- Bombers OL were holding all night
- A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called.
- Bombers were throwing illegal blocks on ST all night.

Talk about a bunch of whiners. The officiating wasn't great but not horrible either, simple fact is the Riders are a very undisciplined team and Craig Dickenson challenging the offensive PI. Riders were beat and officiating wasn't a factor in the loss.

Crybaby's in Sask

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: bluegold4life on September 05, 2022, 09:35:54 AM
Well I called it when talking to my buddies and sure enough it happened. As witnessed on their forum, this is the Rider Fans excuses not mine.

Talk about a bunch of whiners. The officiating wasn't great but not horrible either, simple fact is the Riders are a very undisciplined team and Craig Dickenson challenging the offensive PI. Riders were beat and officiating wasn't a factor in the loss.

Crybaby's in Sask
You can't really say officiating wasn't a factor in this game as the Riders took 100 yards in penalties....what was a determining factor in the outcome  is the fact that the Riders are the most undisciplined  team in the CFL for a reason.   It's a culture that has been allowed to flourish within their organization and that stems from management and coaching from the top down.    Not impressed whatsoever by Dickenson's attitude!!   
Bomber fan for life

Sir Blue and Gold

Crybaby's in Sask

Pretty standard fan behavior. When we weren't very good and took a ton of penalties we thought the reffing was pretty terrible too. Good teams don't take a lot of penalties. The Riders are consistently getting flagged. It's happened all year, with every crew in almost every game.

TBURGESS

A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called. That one happened on a 3rd down sneak, helmet to helmet. No call.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 02:51:05 PM
A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called. That one happened on a 3rd down sneak, helmet to helmet. No call.

so you think that cancels the cheap shot on Zach?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 05, 2022, 02:56:15 PM
so you think that cancels the cheap shot on Zach?
No & as you know I didn't say that.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 03:02:09 PM
No & as you know I didn't say that.

Is that the play Bighill went over the top to make contact with Fajardo?  As we've discussed before it's pretty much impossible to avoid helmet contact on 3rd down sneaks as the QB is leading with his head as are the tacklers.

TBURGESS

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 05, 2022, 03:21:09 PM
Is that the play Bighill went over the top to make contact with Fajardo?  As we've discussed before it's pretty much impossible to avoid helmet contact on 3rd down sneaks as the QB is leading with his head as are the tacklers.
I don't think it was Bighill. Faj-jj got the first down and got hit helmet to helmet, not from a jump over top.

I don't think it should have been called because he's a RB in that situation, not a QB, but it did happen.

Waffler

Maybe someone can tell me why they risk their starter in the pile on their 3rd and shorts?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on September 05, 2022, 03:27:29 PM
Maybe someone can tell me why they risk their starter in the pile on their 3rd and shorts?

Knowing Dickenson, he probably allows Fajardo to make that decision.

dd

The fans whining is understandable, they just lost a heartbreaking game at home and it?s somebodys fault right??

I admire Dickenson?s loyalty to his players when pressed about the discipline issues. Even though he said duke should be sorry he took the penalty I doubt he is and he will take more stupid penalties again. Now that they have Lenin?s back, I?d think duke is one more stupid penalty away from being benched.

His comment that Winnipeg is good at drawing the penalties is a bit of a red herring. Our DB did nothing to draw the offensive PI call, it was all on the reciever. The bombers were just playing football, they weren?t out there taking dives. The penalties called are 100% on the players committing them, don?t try and say the other team is drawing them. What bunk.

bomb squad

Good point. And then whine on top of it.

jdrattops

Crybaby's in Sask

Some are moving the other way on this, as heard on their post game call in show.  Many are disgusted by the undisciplined actions of their team this year, and many are keeping their jerseys in their closets until the mess is cleaned up.  The wolves are out and getting louder, you gotta think one or two of Reynolds, O'Day, and Dickenson will be gone this off season if things continue.  Rider Forum fans wear the thickest of green glasses and only see things their way.  The whining looks good on them, but isn't a true reflection of their full fan base.

TBURGESS

Quite frankly, Bomber fans would say a lot of the same things if we'd lost because of stupid penalties and stupid play calling. The truth is that Bomber fans and Rider fans are very much alike.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 04:02:09 PM
Quite frankly, Bomber fans would say a lot of the same things if we'd lost because of stupid penalties and stupid play calling. The truth is that Bomber fans and Rider fans are very much alike.

Bombers don't take nearly the number of undisciplined penalties as the Riders. A few procedure or off side penalties is more the norm which falls more into timing issues than stupidity as it does with some Riders penalties.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

That is your truth. Nothing more.

BLUEBOMBER

Garrett Marino makes the CFL looks bad that he is still allowed to play in the league despite so many examples of his wreckles behavior to intentionally injure other players. I will stop letting me kids watch football games if he is still allowed to play. He truly sets a bad role model for all fans of all ages.

jayrock

100% agree, it is easy to be a fan when your team is winning, and hard when your team is not. A lot of the comments bomber fans are making about other fans are the exact same comments rider fans said about other teams when they were winning a few years back. It was not long ago this forum was full of people not watching the bombers any more, or posting that the league was out to get them.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

NewBlue

Quote from: jayrock on September 05, 2022, 09:09:36 PM
100% agree, it is easy to be a fan when your team is winning, and hard when your team is not. A lot of the comments bomber fans are making about other fans are the exact same comments rider fans said about other teams when they were winning a few years back. It was not long ago this forum was full of people not watching the bombers any more, or posting that the league was out to get them.

When were the Riders the top team in the league?

We may have had less fans, but we still had them.  Just alot more argueing.

theaardvark

Even the players....

Shaq Evans@shaq_evans1

THAT WAS NOT PASS INTERFERENCE ON ME YESTERDAY!  Those are game changing plays man.  He clearly just trips and falls and they bail them out.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on September 06, 2022, 12:22:32 AM
Even the players....

Shaq Evans@shaq_evans1

THAT WAS NOT PASS INTERFERENCE ON ME YESTERDAY!  Those are game changing plays man.  He clearly just trips and falls and they bail them out.
boo friggin hoo

buckzumhoff

It was a good call by the ref. He was right there. Shaq pushed the defender away . defender has a right to be close to the ball.  Evans just wanted room to catch the ball.  Only way he caught it was he pushed off. I think the play was challenged.

BLUEBOMBER

It's clearly a culture now in Saskatchewan that they want to win so badly to keep their jobs that they are willing to put up with players poor attitudes, silliness off the field and unprofessionalism on the field...

dd

Dickenson was so politically correct at his presser, just saying duke is an emotional player and that he should be sorry for what he cost his team.

ModAdmin

"Caught on camera".  PI was the correct call.  It was a push by SE1.  Dickenson throwing the challenge flag was quite possibly the most idiotic challenge this season.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 05, 2022, 04:30:17 PM
That is your truth. Nothing more.

"truth"

Gotta love the whataboutism. Deflection is ever the strategy of losers.

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 06, 2022, 03:40:06 AM
"Caught on camera".  PI was the correct call.  It was a push by SE1.  Dickenson throwing the challenge flag was quite possibly the most idiotic challenge this season.

Garbage head coach.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on September 06, 2022, 03:40:06 AM
I saw that I thought I looked bad. Optics looked poor. He knew he lost it the moment he dropped that flag!

Sir Blue and Gold

Even the players....

Shaq Evans@shaq_evans1

Yikes. The players really are running things over there.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 06, 2022, 01:13:39 PM
"truth"

Gotta love the whataboutism. Deflection is ever the strategy of losers.

Garbage head coach.
define whataboutism? Is that a G W Bush quote?  :D

I find it way less hostile since they got there new stadium. The old trouble makers from section S at Taylor field have wives and kids now and just look at you strangely hidden behind those sun glasses.

It has taken a long time for me to realize. Sure we are not that all different. Regina really does suck worse than Winnipeg though and that is saying something.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 06, 2022, 01:41:24 PM
define whataboutism? Is that a G W Bush quote?  :D

It's a logical fallacy being committed by two others in this thread (The Resident Contrarian and jayrock) to deflect from the topic at hand.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TBURGESS

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 06, 2022, 01:48:29 PM
It's a logical fallacy being committed by two others in this thread (The Resident Contrarian and jayrock) to deflect from the topic at hand.
It's not a logical fallacy. When we were losing all the time fans around here were always blaming the refs. When our players do something wrong, the fans make excuses for them. Both sets of fans act superior when their team is wins and whine when they lose. Both sets of fans are passionate about their teams. 

Saying that both sets of fans are the same, doesn't deflect from the topic at hand. It defines it.

blue_gold_84

Whataboutism is a type of logical fallacy that occurs when a person attempts to divert the focus away from the current issue by making a counter-accusation.

Topic of the thread: fans of the Roughriders whining about their team's loss on Sunday.

The Resident Contrarian's first reply in the thread:

LOL :D :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TBURGESS

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 06, 2022, 03:05:46 PM
Topic of the thread: fans of the Roughriders whining about their team's loss on Sunday.

The Resident Contrarian's first reply in the thread:

LOL :D :D
Facts matter. It did happen.

One of 'don't bring facts to an emotional argument' LOL's at facts.

Lincoln Locomotive

Both fan bases in Regina and Winnipeg are committed to their teams.....that being said Regina fans live for the LDC and there is likely no other stadium in the CFL that is as hostile and environment to play in.   Winnipeg fans live for the Banjo Bowl and this game is almost always sold out and the hostile environment is almost equal to Regina's.   We may be louder than Regina fans yet I believe our fans are more "balanced" if you get my drift ;)
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 06, 2022, 04:15:12 PM
Both fan bases in Regina and Winnipeg are committed to their teams.....that being said Regina fans live for the LDC and there is likely no other stadium in the CFL that is as hostile and environment to play in.   Winnipeg fans live for the Banjo Bowl and this game is almost always sold out and the hostile environment is almost equal to Regina's.   We may be louder than Regina fans yet I believe our fans are more "balanced" if you get my drift ;)
after going to Labour Day classics, and playoff games there since the new stadium has been built they don?t put up with **** in there so you don?t have to worry about being attacked or whatever at new Mosaic. However I think you?re correct Winnipeg sports fans have other things to occupy there attention whereas Rider fans don?t necessarily do thus the potential for more unbalanced individuals lol.

bwiser

bomb squad

Not sure. What do you mean by ?more balanced??

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: bomb squad on September 06, 2022, 10:24:23 PM
Not sure. What do you mean by ?more balanced??

not quite as off-balanced..... :o
Bomber fan for life

BLUEBOMBER

Rider fans are just more grumpy and will do anything and put up with players to win.

bomb squad

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 06, 2022, 10:26:11 PM
not quite as off-balanced..... :o

Oh just let?er rip Linc. Come on. It?s a Blue Bomber fan board. Banjo Bowl is coming up. No need to be diplomatic here. You mean they?re somewhat deranged? A little unhinged maybe?

jdrattops

Quote from: jayrock on September 05, 2022, 09:09:36 PM

When the Riders were winning, lmao.  You're talking about the same Riders right, the 4 in a century+ team.  Thanks for the chuckle.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 06, 2022, 02:55:58 PM
It's not a logical fallacy. When we were losing all the time fans around here were always blaming the refs. When our players do something wrong, the fans make excuses for them. Both sets of fans act superior when their team is wins and whine when they lose. Both sets of fans are passionate about their teams. 

Saying that both sets of fans are the same, doesn't deflect from the topic at hand. It defines it.

Now that's a quote worthy of a genius.  ;D  Awesome.

Yes, TB is right, but it's a question of degrees.  Everyone does this to some extent, even TB.  I'm certainly guilty of it at times.   I think his point is we should be self-aware, especially when attacking others for it.  Do Greenies do it more?  Maybe?  Not sure.  But it's always more noticeable when your team is losing, so I'm inclined to cut Greenies some slack.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

It wasn't the 3rd down sneak, well, not the one they are complaining about in this case.  It was when Willy whacked Cody on the helmet with an attempted pass block.  It was a lot like the hit in the '21 GC when Evans left the game.  They called it in the GC, but not in this game.  On replay I'm a bit surprised they didn't call it.  A challenge by SSK may have been successful.

Cleary OPI and I yelled it at Mosaic the instant it happened and the cheering green fans were wondering what I was saying / signalling.  Worst challenge of the year.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Yes, it's insane.  Maybe once in a while to keep the jumbo D off or keep tempo.  But every single sneak when Bighill et al are going to cream you?  Yikes.  That's dumb coaching.

Maybe Cody thinks he's the next Mike Reilly?  It was dumb when he did it too.
Never go full Rider!

buckzumhoff

Saskatchewan fans  havent been showing up to their own stadium. All the seats?are half empty. Lots if reasons they gave for not going price of tickets hot weather. Saskatoon to regina too far of a drive . so blaming the refs is probay the ones sitting at home. Refs do decide games at times but you got marion who takes 2 penalties or more per game. And they challenge everything yet the replays now tell it all

DM83

The refs have been very inconsistent.  however, as an amateur touch football ref knowing  the criteria for Pass I, consists of @ 10 criteria.  To determine, all that, in a 100th of a second is really cool to be able to do it.

But think about that.  can you make a decision on a question, that quick?

In today's game throw the flag, conference with other officials, who may have seen the infraction.  If all else fails, consult the booth.

The first three considerations would be:
1.) Who determined positional advantage at the arrival point of the ball? ( keep in mind, on a jump ball, positional advantage may switch.  On an underthrown pass,  perhaps the beaten defender, now  gains the advantage of the arrival position of the ball.)
2.) Did contact by either player cause an advantage by the initiator?
3.) Was contact "equal" and no advantage was gained.

Does that apply in the tackle game?  Yes.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 08, 2022, 04:00:44 AM
Yes, it's insane.  Maybe once in a while to keep the jumbo D off or keep tempo.  But every single sneak when Bighill et al are going to cream you?  Yikes.  That's dumb coaching.

Maybe Cody thinks he's the next Mike Reilly?  It was dumb when he did it too.

Jones lost Lawler in the same situation... trying to get that $SMS off the books for a while, no doubt... why else is you highest paid player on the end in a sneak?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on September 08, 2022, 04:14:41 PM
Jones lost Lawler in the same situation... trying to get that $SMS off the books for a while, no doubt... why else is you highest paid player on the end in a sneak?

Riderfans forums are all angry Bighill is whacking Cody on those 1 yard sneaks.  Uh, it's a sneak, guys are going over the top trying to whack you back in any way possible.  There is no RTP protection on a sneak for "normal" action.  If SSK is upset, start putting your #2 or #3 in for short yardage!
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 05:32:48 AM
Riderfans forums are all angry Bighill is whacking Cody on those 1 yard sneaks.  Uh, it's a sneak, guys are going over the top trying to whack you back in any way possible.  There is no RTP protection on a sneak for "normal" action.  If SSK is upset, start putting your #2 or #3 in for short yardage!

Rider fans are like us in the dark days. Mad about everything.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 13, 2022, 01:15:30 PM
Rider fans are like us in the dark days. Mad about everything.

The Riders are still competitive, though. This past week being the obvious exception.

What's relatable is the coaching, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2022, 05:32:48 AM
If SSK is upset, start putting your #2 or #3 in for short yardage!

A no brainer. All it takes is one guy landing funny to get injured. Maybe they should be asking not why Bighill comes over the top but why they ask their #1 to run head first into the pile.

Bombers put in a change up guy and use that to our advantage. We almost hit a long pass off a fake sneak in the Banjo Bowl.  Credit Lapo for pioneering some plays/series when he and Strev were here. Buck has continued in a similar way with Prukop.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

LXTSN

Quote from: Waffler on September 13, 2022, 01:57:42 PM
A no brainer. All it takes is one guy landing funny to get injured. Maybe they should be asking not why Bighill comes over the top but why they ask their #1 to run head first into the pile.

Bombers put in a change up guy and use that to our advantage. We almost hit a long pass off a fake sneak in the Banjo Bowl.  Credit Lapo for pioneering some plays/series when he and Strev were here. Buck has continued in a similar way with Prukop.
At that same time, is there someone else that could jump over the top like that? If Bighill got hurt on a second and inches QB sneak, that would be crushing!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 13, 2022, 01:18:40 PM
The Riders are still competitive, though. This past week being the obvious exception.

What's relatable is the coaching, IMO.
The Riders despite half their team either suffering from Montezuma's Revenge or MIA, we're still very competitive and are a better team than their record shows.   Their coaching, however is sub par and I've never been a fan of the younger Dickenson.    Their coaching decisions I dare say has cost them a few games this season.   
When they return on September 30, we will see a different team and they may just pack a lunch this time instead of eating out.

At some point, despite our next man up philosophy, losing as many key players as we have recently will start to impact our ability to remain as competitive as we have been.   Of course the key is to keep our O-line intact enough to protect our MOP!   Lose him and all bets are off.   Keep him upright and we will always have a chance to win games.   

Keep saying your prayers to the FOOTBALL GODS Bomber fans!
Bomber fan for life

jdrattops

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 13, 2022, 04:20:21 PM
The Riders despite half their team either suffering from Montezuma's Revenge or MIA, we're still very competitive and are a better team than their record shows.   Their coaching, however is sub par and I've never been a fan of the younger Dickenson.    Their coaching decisions I dare say has cost them a few games this season.   
When they return on September 30, we will see a different team and they may just pack a lunch this time instead of eating out.

At some point, despite our next man up philosophy, losing as many key players as we have recently will start to impact our ability to remain as competitive as we have been.   Of course the key is to keep our O-line intact enough to protect our MOP!   Lose him and all bets are off.   Keep him upright and we will always have a chance to win games.   

I never understood how one can claim a team is better or worse than what their record is.  Was it Bill Parcels who said you are what your record is?  He knows a thing or two about football.  The Riders have played 13 games and have been on the short end of the stick 7 times (if Rourke was playing one they would be 5-8).  They're a sub 500 team, plain and simple.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 13, 2022, 04:20:21 PM

1.  Craig is the older Dickenson brother.

2.  They didn't eat out in Wpg. and it wasn't food poisoning, according to Dickie 2 he thinks the bug infected the team around Weds. of last week.  I would think it's pretty important to the Rider org. and the CFL that a medical expert identify exactly what the illness was so a reoccurrence can be avoided.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 13, 2022, 04:44:09 PM
1.  Craig is the older Dickenson brother.

2.  They didn't eat out in Wpg. and it wasn't food poisoning, according to Dickie 2 he thinks the bug infected the team around Weds. of last week.  I would think it's pretty important to the Rider org. and the CFL that a medical expert identify exactly what the illness was so a reoccurrence can be avoided.
I was referring to the Dickenson coaching the Riders who is younger than Craig, his brother.   Not sure why you're pointing this out?

Whatever was the cause of the Riders being sick, it had a major impact on their performance on Saturday.   I daresay even if our team had suffered the same fate the outcome would likely have been different.   

They were already pretty beat up before half the team got violently sick and hats off to them for gutting it out, literally in the Banjo Bowl.

We all want to see teams compete with their best players on the field and the win against them left me with a slightly hollow feeling.

It was mentioned by someone that a teams record IS THE indication of who they are and the Riders for various reasons have earned their place in the standings.   That being said, I still remember a very confident 2001 Bomber team who lost to a 7-11 Stamps team in the GC.   The Riders have 6 wins this season with time enough to turn things around in the next 5 games, one of them against us at home on the 30th.   I wouldn't count them out just yet...
Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

Flu like symptoms... hopefully they were testing.. hate to see it end up being COVID and get our guys all infected...

When a team is going to poop the bed, having the flu and white pants, and giving up a 50 burger... SSK does it right.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 13, 2022, 05:00:37 PM
I was referring to the Dickenson coaching the Riders who is younger than Craig, his brother.   Not sure why you're pointing this out?

Just trying to help you out.

Craig Dickenson is the older brother, he coaches the Riders.  Dave Dickenson is the younger brother, he coaches the Stamps.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 13, 2022, 05:00:37 PM
Whatever was the cause of the Riders being sick, it had a major impact on their performance on Saturday.   I daresay even if our team had suffered the same fate the outcome would likely have been different.   

For the 3rd season running now SSK is the king of making up excuses for losing.  Glutes, knee, flu... have you ever seen another team spend all their press time spewing excuses??  That team has learned they can get a pass from the rabid fans by playing up excuses.

So I take everything they say with a grain of salt.  Did anyone see any sick player?  I didn't.  So did it happen?  Maybe, who knows.  But it sure saved Dickenson The Lesser's job!  And gave every player a great talking point to deflect from the loss, just like the Glute-bowl and Cody's never-gets-better knee.

P.S. Some of the Rider interviews on their site talked about a Mexican restaurant in Regina.  This isn't a case of "got poisoned in WPG".  Since it hit so many players and was so violent, and it's doubtful that many players order the same meal, my money is on noro or rota virus.  Had noro once and it's horrific, and spreads like wildfire especially if bathrooms are shared.  If it was noro/rota, there's a non-zero chance it could have spread to the Bombers through spit, etc... cross your fingers.  On the bright side, the incubation is very short so we'll know right away.

Ask yourself this: if we had 10 guys sick with the flu, would MOS harp on it like they did?  He'd probably mention it once and then say next man up and blast him team for poor play.
Never go full Rider!

bludan

Hypothetical question..... How would this Riders team fare with our coaching staff?  I assume Duke Williams would no longer be on the team, but other than that, roster stays the same.  I would assume at least 3 more wins.  Probably more.  They would have beaten us in the Labour Day game for sure.

John T.

Quote from: bludan on September 13, 2022, 10:33:15 PM
Hypothetical question..... How would this Riders team fare with our coaching staff?  I assume Duke Williams would no longer be on the team, but other than that, roster stays the same.  I would assume at least 3 more wins.  Probably more.  They would have beaten us in the Labour Day game for sure.

I'm reasonably certain that every team in the league would have a better record with our coaching staff. That's how good they are.

I said, the day that the Riders hired Brendan Taman, that they were in for a world of hurt for at least the next decade. Taman made decisions while running the Bombers that hurt the team for years, and I think Saskatchewan is now going through the same thing. Things are going to get worse there before they get better, and no, they're not very good right now.

It's completely true that a team is as good as its record, not as good as its players. Right now the Riders have a losing record...they're not a good team. This doesn't mean that they can't turn it around, but right now, they're not very good. End of story.

In 2010, Paul LaPolice's first year as Bomber head coach, the team lost something like six games by a total of ten points. They were snakebit, and lost games they shouldn't have lost. Had they won those games they would have finished first or second, but they lost those games, and finished last. They deserved to finish last, because they lost those games...hence, they weren't a good team.

The Bombers didn't start to get good again until they blew it all up and started over again, right from the top. I see the Riders as being in sort of the same position right now (thanks, Taman). They're not going to truly compete on a year to year basis until they blow it up and start over, and because it's the Riders, I'm quite alright with it taking them the rest of my life to figure it out. But that's just me.

GOLDMEMBER

I honestly found only two sections that had clustered groups of rider fans maybe approximately 30 to 50 groups. Very very few scattered about through out the rest of the stadium. It was almost all blue and gold