Rider Fans

Started by bluegold4life, September 05, 2022, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 06, 2022, 01:48:29 PM
It's a logical fallacy being committed by two others in this thread (The Resident Contrarian and jayrock) to deflect from the topic at hand.
It's not a logical fallacy. When we were losing all the time fans around here were always blaming the refs. When our players do something wrong, the fans make excuses for them. Both sets of fans act superior when their team is wins and whine when they lose. Both sets of fans are passionate about their teams. 

Saying that both sets of fans are the same, doesn't deflect from the topic at hand. It defines it.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

blue_gold_84

Whataboutism is a type of logical fallacy that occurs when a person attempts to divert the focus away from the current issue by making a counter-accusation.

Topic of the thread: fans of the Roughriders whining about their team's loss on Sunday.

The Resident Contrarian's first reply in the thread:

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 02:51:05 PM
A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called. That one happened on a 3rd down sneak, helmet to helmet. No call.

LOL :D :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TBURGESS

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 06, 2022, 03:05:46 PM
Topic of the thread: fans of the Roughriders whining about their team's loss on Sunday.

The Resident Contrarian's first reply in the thread:

LOL :D :D
Facts matter. It did happen.

One of 'don't bring facts to an emotional argument' LOL's at facts.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Lincoln Locomotive

Both fan bases in Regina and Winnipeg are committed to their teams.....that being said Regina fans live for the LDC and there is likely no other stadium in the CFL that is as hostile and environment to play in.   Winnipeg fans live for the Banjo Bowl and this game is almost always sold out and the hostile environment is almost equal to Regina's.   We may be louder than Regina fans yet I believe our fans are more "balanced" if you get my drift ;)
Bomber fan for life

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 06, 2022, 04:15:12 PM
Both fan bases in Regina and Winnipeg are committed to their teams.....that being said Regina fans live for the LDC and there is likely no other stadium in the CFL that is as hostile and environment to play in.   Winnipeg fans live for the Banjo Bowl and this game is almost always sold out and the hostile environment is almost equal to Regina's.   We may be louder than Regina fans yet I believe our fans are more "balanced" if you get my drift ;)
after going to Labour Day classics, and playoff games there since the new stadium has been built they don?t put up with **** in there so you don?t have to worry about being attacked or whatever at new Mosaic. However I think you?re correct Winnipeg sports fans have other things to occupy there attention whereas Rider fans don?t necessarily do thus the potential for more unbalanced individuals lol.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bwiser

bomb squad

Not sure. What do you mean by ?more balanced??

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: bomb squad on September 06, 2022, 10:24:23 PM
Not sure. What do you mean by ?more balanced??

not quite as off-balanced..... :o
Bomber fan for life

BLUEBOMBER

Rider fans are just more grumpy and will do anything and put up with players to win.

bomb squad

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 06, 2022, 10:26:11 PM
not quite as off-balanced..... :o

Oh just let?er rip Linc. Come on. It?s a Blue Bomber fan board. Banjo Bowl is coming up. No need to be diplomatic here. You mean they?re somewhat deranged? A little unhinged maybe?

jdrattops

Quote from: jayrock on September 05, 2022, 09:09:36 PM
100% agree, it is easy to be a fan when your team is winning, and hard when your team is not. A lot of the comments bomber fans are making about other fans are the exact same comments rider fans said about other teams when they were winning a few years back. It was not long ago this forum was full of people not watching the bombers any more, or posting that the league was out to get them.

When the Riders were winning, lmao.  You're talking about the same Riders right, the 4 in a century+ team.  Thanks for the chuckle.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 06, 2022, 02:55:58 PM
It's not a logical fallacy. When we were losing all the time fans around here were always blaming the refs. When our players do something wrong, the fans make excuses for them. Both sets of fans act superior when their team is wins and whine when they lose. Both sets of fans are passionate about their teams. 

Saying that both sets of fans are the same, doesn't deflect from the topic at hand. It defines it.

Now that's a quote worthy of a genius.  ;D  Awesome.

Yes, TB is right, but it's a question of degrees.  Everyone does this to some extent, even TB.  I'm certainly guilty of it at times.   I think his point is we should be self-aware, especially when attacking others for it.  Do Greenies do it more?  Maybe?  Not sure.  But it's always more noticeable when your team is losing, so I'm inclined to cut Greenies some slack.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 05, 2022, 02:51:05 PM
A Bomber apparently hit Cody in the helmet and wasn't called. That one happened on a 3rd down sneak, helmet to helmet. No call.

It wasn't the 3rd down sneak, well, not the one they are complaining about in this case.  It was when Willy whacked Cody on the helmet with an attempted pass block.  It was a lot like the hit in the '21 GC when Evans left the game.  They called it in the GC, but not in this game.  On replay I'm a bit surprised they didn't call it.  A challenge by SSK may have been successful.

Quote from: theaardvark on September 06, 2022, 12:22:32 AM
THAT WAS NOT PASS INTERFERENCE ON ME YESTERDAY!  Those are game changing plays man.  He clearly just trips and falls and they bail them out.

Cleary OPI and I yelled it at Mosaic the instant it happened and the cheering green fans were wondering what I was saying / signalling.  Worst challenge of the year.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on September 05, 2022, 03:27:29 PM
Maybe someone can tell me why they risk their starter in the pile on their 3rd and shorts?

Yes, it's insane.  Maybe once in a while to keep the jumbo D off or keep tempo.  But every single sneak when Bighill et al are going to cream you?  Yikes.  That's dumb coaching.

Maybe Cody thinks he's the next Mike Reilly?  It was dumb when he did it too.
Never go full Rider!

buckzumhoff

Saskatchewan fans  havent been showing up to their own stadium. All the seats?are half empty. Lots if reasons they gave for not going price of tickets hot weather. Saskatoon to regina too far of a drive . so blaming the refs is probay the ones sitting at home. Refs do decide games at times but you got marion who takes 2 penalties or more per game. And they challenge everything yet the replays now tell it all