NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Kings certainly didn't waste time with PLD, who seemed uninspired  to perform for his $$.   
Big contract and then turns into a bad teammate and lacking enthusiasm and voila ----- dumped

Good for both teams I figure
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on June 19, 2024, 09:46:20 PMKings certainly didn't waste time with PLD, who seemed uninspired  to perform for his $$.   
Big contract and then turns into a bad teammate and lacking enthusiasm and voila ----- dumped

Good for both teams I figure

Talented player when you decides to pull his head out of his ...
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on June 19, 2024, 07:34:23 PMPLD to Washington for Kuemper

Blake moves his albatross, but the effects will be felt for a while still.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Game 7. What more could you ask for?

DCM

For one night, I will put aside my hatred of Connor McDavid and increase my already high level of hatred of Paul Maurice and be an Oilers fan. Finish. The. Story.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on June 22, 2024, 05:05:50 AMGame 7. What more could you ask for?

Craziest SCF in a good while. Game 7 should be a doozy on Monday night.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

dd

What a classy guy Paul Maurice is....interviewed immediately after winning the Stanley Cup, he said he wishes the Winnipeg Jets would win the next Stanley Cup. Very happy Coach Mo won himself the big one!!

Pigskin

Happy for Moe. Great year for the Panthers.

J5V

Quote from: dd on June 25, 2024, 03:08:00 AMWhat a classy guy Paul Maurice is....interviewed immediately after winning the Stanley Cup, he said he wishes the Winnipeg Jets would win the next Stanley Cup. Very happy Coach Mo won himself the big one!!
Funny. I wanted to barf.
Go Bombers!

DCM

Hate it. Hate the Panthers. Boo Maurice. :-\ McDavid had one job to do, smh.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

blue_gold_84

Pretty solid game 7 to cap off a really entertaining SCF.

Nice to see Maurice finally hoist Lord Stanley. Gotta love that shoutout to the Jets, too.

Kudos to McDavid for a historic post-season run and Conn Smythe.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

More bad news in the desert: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/report-alex-meruelo-walking-away-from-arizona-coyotes-ownership-1.2139764

QuoteIt appears that Alex Meruelo is walking away from the ownership group of the Arizona Coyotes.

Sources tell Craig Morgan and PHNX Sports that a week after the team's plan to purchase land in Phoenix fell through, Meruelo and ownership addressed Coyotes staff on Monday and told them they have no plans to pursue further arena options.

A 110-acre tract of land in North Phoenix had been targeted by Meruelo in hopes of ending the Coyotes' long-running bid to find a permanent home. When the auction for the land appraised at $68.5 million was pushed back until this summer, Meruelo followed the advice of the NHL and opted to sell the franchise to Utah Jazz owners Ryan and Ashley Smith in April.

The Smiths moved the franchise to Salt Lake City, renaming it the Utah Hockey Club. Meruelo retained the Coyotes' name, logo and trademark with plans to resurrect the team as an expansion franchise if a new arena is built within five years.

With that land auction now cancelled, the future of the team has been in doubt.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず