#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Jesse

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 28, 2024, 03:58:13 PMYou're putting too much on him, IMO. He resigned over 2.5 years ago and that entire coaching staff was gone save Flaherty. Bowness was brought in to reset things in the summer of 2022 to steer the team in a better direction. That happened over the past two seasons despite the poor showings in the playoffs. The team finished last season 4th overall in the entire league and was the best defensive team of the 2023-24 season. That success flies in the face of the claim that the team is "still reeling" because of Maurice's decision to resign. They were objectively better over the last two campaigns under Bowness - even with some bumps in the road along the way.

I would argue the core is just fine when you look at the Dubois trade, Wheeler's buyout, the extensions of Scheifele and Hellebuyck last fall, and now the extension of DeMelo. The moving parts of a roster are affected by far more than just a head coach, anyway. The GM bears arguably just as much responsibility, if not more.

I would also argue there is nothing to suggest the team would've fared better in the post-season had he stayed on. Outside of the 2017-18 run to the WCF, the team had very little post-season success in the ensuing years: bounced in the first round in 2018-19, bounced in the qualifying round in 2019-20, and then a second round sweep in 2020-21.

From what I can tell, the team's lack of playoff success over the past handful of years seems unchanged regardless of who's behind the bench. To me, that speaks to a lack of experience from a players' standpoint. This roster (and the core) has yet to figure out how to find that next gear to become a better playoff performer despite two coaching changes over the last three seasons or so.

Before the PLD trade and Scheif/Helle extensions, we were at a crossroads. We could have chosen rebuild, traded everyone for picks and prospects and built this team around upcoming players like Perfetti, McGroarity, etc. Or we could "reload".

The problem I had/have with our chosen path is that we've already passed the peak of this roster. For years we've been on the play off bubble where we either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round. We've seen the best seasons of our top players already. There's not much reason for me to believe that everyone getting annother year older is going to help us move to the next level. In the meantime, we've been blocking the paths of our prospects coming up - we may now be seeing the loss of McGroarity for that reason.

I feel we've given up long term success for short term mediocrity.
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

WOWEE, Tampa did a salary dump by trading away expensive, $8.5M AAV Dman, Sergachev to Utah

Is that $$ freed up for Stamkos or another Free Agent on Monday  ??
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

J5V

Quote from: Jockitch on June 29, 2024, 08:35:08 PMWOWEE, Tampa did a salary dump by trading away expensive, $8.5M AAV Dman, Sergachev to Utah

Is that $$ freed up for Stamkos or another Free Agent on Monday  ??
Sergachev suffered a horrific broken leg last year. I wonder if they traded him because they figured he was damaged goods. I can't see Stammer staying there after their insulting offer. He can still bring it and his leadership abilities are off the charts! He'll be a great addition to someone's lineup.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Stamkos to Nashville, 4 years, $32M.

Guentzel to Tampa Bay, 7 years, $63M.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DCM

I'm not upset with losing Stamkos. On the decline and eight years puts him at 42, no thanks. Something like 4x6 at best or 4x5 would have been fine but dodging 4x8 is huge.

It's a business and teams make business moves. No sweat. I cheer for the logo on the front, not the name bar on the back. Keeps me level headed.

That said, JBB is gambling his mortgage on letting Stamkos walk if Tampa doesn't do great things this season. Which is what I expected with him coming into this season, just thought Stamkos was going to be a part of it.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

DCM

@DarrenDreger
Confirming Chandler Stephenson agrees to a 7 year deal with Seattle.  $6.25 aav.

DCM

Pigskin

Marchessault to Nashville. 5 years, $27.5M.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dallas-stars-and-apmc-pioneer-game-changing-victory-sports-network-070824

QuoteFRISCO, Texas -- The Dallas Stars announced today they have entered into a seven-year agreement with A Parent Media Co. Inc. (APMC) to stream all regional Dallas Stars games free of charge beginning with the 2024-25 season. The games will be broadcast on newly formed VICTORY+, a free direct to consumer streaming service created for fans by APMC with the Dallas Stars.

It'd be nice to see more teams offer this.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 08, 2024, 05:51:23 PMhttps://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dallas-stars-and-apmc-pioneer-game-changing-victory-sports-network-070824

It'd be nice to see more teams offer this.

Isn't television rights a major income stream?  How do you fund an $90 mil payroll with free streaming?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 08, 2024, 06:46:40 PMIsn't television rights a major income stream?  How do you fund an $90 mil payroll with free streaming?

I can't answer your questions. The only info I have is what's in the article.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず