NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Wheeler the difference in the game...  but not in a good way.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

If Zibanejad doesn't make that lame pass attempt and instead sends the puck up the boards, that sequence doesn't happen.

I also have no idea why Laviolette would put a rusty Wheeler out in OT.

But good. I'd rather see the Panthers win the ECF.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

blue_gold_84

Zibanejad made a similar mistake last night. And the result was an empty netter for the Panthers.

Panthers are a win away from the SCF!
#forthew
лава Україні!

J5V

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 31, 2024, 02:14:10 PMZibanejad made a similar mistake last night. And the result was an empty netter for the Panthers.

Panthers are a win away from the SCF!
I don't see the Rangers winning the next two games against the Cats. I also don't see the Oilers or Stars beating Florida in the final. At this point Florida has to be my favourite to win it all.
Go Bombers!

The Zipp

POMO quits the jets and goes to back to back Stanley cup finals.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

Stars F and veteran beauty Pavelski retires: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dallas-stars-joe-pavelski-not-planning-to-play-next-season-1.2129955

Shame he never got his name on the mug. But a HOF career all the same.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on June 09, 2024, 04:25:59 AMBob was outstanding.

Could earn himself a Conn Smythe if he keeps it up.

Game 2 should be a gooder tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

NHL boosts salary cap to $88M for 2024-25 season: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/nhl-boosts-salary-cap-to-88-million-for-2024-25-season-1.2132168

Largest increase since the 2018-19 season.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Jockitch

Been reported or is it a rumour ..... that the Capitals have bought CapFriendly
E. Friedman talked about it on the Jeff Marek show and says it isn't official but the speculation is there.

It also is surmised that the NHL has asked Washington to make CapFriendly available till after the Draft and the beginning of Free Agency.
However, for fans, journalists and especially teams using this source  (apparently it is not normal for teams to have their own source)  for this info and who have used the Cap program ---- sadly it is history
  ...... go figure.

So as of July 5th, if the above is true, thie site would go black, as the Washington organization would then have it as their own asset
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: Jockitch on June 10, 2024, 09:20:07 PMBeen reported or is it a rumour ..... that the Capitals have bought CapFriendly
E. Friedman talked about it on the Jeff Marek show and says it isn't official but the speculation is there.

It also is surmised that the NHL has asked Washington to make CapFriendly available till after the Draft and the beginning of Free Agency.
However, for fans, journalists and especially teams using this source  (apparently it is not normal for teams to have their own source)  for this info and who have used the Cap program ---- sadly it is history
  ...... go figure.

So as of July 5th, if the above is true, thie site would go black, as the Washington organization would then have it as their own asset

Why would they do that?  Because "CapFriendly" and "Capitals" are similar website names?  Certainly not for the data which is all in the public domain.  And any calculation algos are easy to come up with.

I can't see any benefit to a team removing this site from public use.  Now, if CapFriendly's creators and owners can monitize the sale of it, all the power to them...