Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, June 21, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 20, 2024, 03:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 20, 2024, 04:36:56 PMIndeed it is killing me GOLD MEMBER will be missing this tilt!
He'll be doing his next favourite thing which is riding to the States on Italian machinery.

I hope I see pleasant news by time I get to Fargo.

GO BOMBERS GO!
Ride safe

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 20, 2024, 07:42:12 PMI don't mean to take anything away from the guy because certainly he delivered when called upon, and 111 yards in a game for any receiver is fantastic, but it was clear he was the beneficiary of the Ottawa secondary's focus on shutting down Schoen and Demski in the absence of Lawler.

Agree of course that his play is encouraging and if he can do that even every once in a while, we've filled Bailey's #4 receiver spot.

Yeah, he had one big play in which he was wide open.

That said, he's the one I'm most optimistic about right now.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 20, 2024, 03:28:22 PMLots of player movement according to a Facebook depth chart: Oliveria, Fayad, Woods, Hubert, Smith and Griffith on the AR.

Nichols off, I assume to 1 game IR. Haba and Fox to 6 game IR. Charbonneau and Wilson probably to PR. Chris-Ike is off.

Nichols looked like "only" a concussion... almost never do teams hold guys off the next week for that.  Very strange.

Anyone notice that without Nichols we're stacking both rookies on the weak side?  It will indeed be the "weak side" on Friday.  Expect BC to attack it like mad, especially if Ford manages to burn them on their first tests of the strong side.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 20, 2024, 04:39:17 PMAt least we're dressing more DE/DL.

Finally learned our lesson?  We were one player away from putting Ayers or Karamoko at DT!

I much prefer the more balanced approach.  DL guys get tired way faster than LBs do!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on June 20, 2024, 05:09:53 PMFacebook!!! Still and again! What's with this Facebook thing being on the Blue Bombers' brain?

Does anyone have the Bombers' email address so I can tell them to get their act together?

I've now confirmed that every team in the league except for WPG has their chart up on their own team site depth page a day before the game.  It's only WPG that doesn't update their page until like a day after the game.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 20, 2024, 07:42:12 PMI don't mean to take anything away from the guy because certainly he delivered when called upon, and 111 yards in a game for any receiver is fantastic, but it was clear he was the beneficiary of the Ottawa secondary's focus on shutting down Schoen and Demski in the absence of Lawler.

Agree of course that his play is encouraging and if he can do that even every once in a while, we've filled Bailey's #4 receiver spot.

He did whiff on the would-be game-winning TD try from the 7.  He kind of turtled and didn't make a real play for it.  Not a good pass, but Burnham or Kenny would have made more than a half-butt play for it.

Other than that one play, he did look the most promising of all the rookies.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 20, 2024, 07:56:52 PMCryders massively overpaying Hardrick was a god tier troll move

The funny part is it hasn't showed up in their run game yet!  Yoshi's given good pass-pro, but Oullette has massively underperformed so far.  So much so that Oullette sucking has its own thread on Rider forum.

Oullette's run game has looked worse than WPG's so far.  That's bad.  And we didn't have to overpay on RT to achieve such mediocrity  ;D  ;D  ;D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

BC starting 3 IMP OL!  Why oh why can't we try that out?
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 21, 2024, 12:01:29 AMBC starting 3 IMP OL!  Why oh why can't we try that out?
You should be managing the Bombers clearly.  You and griller.

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 20, 2024, 11:16:47 PMThe funny part is it hasn't showed up in their run game yet!  Yoshi's given good pass-pro, but Oullette has massively underperformed so far.  So much so that Oullette sucking has its own thread on Rider forum.

Oullette's run game has looked worse than WPG's so far.  That's bad.  And we didn't have to overpay on RT to achieve such mediocrity  ;D  ;D  ;D

I have no doubt he won't be great in the Rider system (but good for him for cashing in!!). But I do think he would have been a steady hand at RT in our system. Not elite anymore, but more stability in our OL.
#Ride?

Road Griller

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 21, 2024, 12:48:03 AMYou should be managing the Bombers clearly.  You and griller.

I would 100% take advantage of nationalizing an American.  No question there, and not start 9-10 nationals when we don't have to.

I love the Canadian talent but not at the sake of losing football games.  They can play special teams and get in when absolutely necessary.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Road Griller on June 21, 2024, 02:04:45 AMI would 100% take advantage of nationalizing an American.  No question there, and not start 9-10 nationals when we don't have to.

I love the Canadian talent but not at the sake of losing football games.  They can play special teams and get in when absolutely necessary.
You have all the answers.  Please apply to the Bombers.  They are so much more than players on ST.  Disagree all.

Bombers brass has got this.  We are on the tail end of a mini dynasty, trust the system.

Strong Canadian talent is the key for any winning CFL club.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 20, 2024, 11:16:47 PMThe funny part is it hasn't showed up in their run game yet!  Yoshi's given good pass-pro, but Oullette has massively underperformed so far.  So much so that Oullette sucking has its own thread on Rider forum.

Oulette the roid monsters is grotesquely over rated. A flash in the pan

Lincoln Locomotive

Our special teams have been giving up field position for a few seasons now and without a JG in our line up we rarely get decent field position on any returns.   We really haven't seen Smith much, however if he's able to provide a spark in our return game it will go a long way to help Zach out with better field position.   Schools still out as far as STs are concerned until they start showing us some results.
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 21, 2024, 01:55:39 AMI have no doubt he won't be great in the Rider system (but good for him for cashing in!!). But I do think he would have been a steady hand at RT in our system. Not elite anymore, but more stability in our OL.

Oulettie is a poor man's Andrew Harris, he isn't near as good as A.H. was in his prime and he needs massive holes to run through, smashing and bashing won't gain him much. 

I noticed late in the Riders first game Yoshi was almost dragging one of his legs around.  I don't wish him anything but the best of luck in Regina but it looked like a chronic injury that might hasten the end of his career sooner than anticipated.