Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, June 21, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 20, 2024, 03:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 21, 2024, 05:53:55 PMIt'd be nice if that article on our local sports rag wasn't paywalled, but the title seems to indicate he's unhappy with being a backup.

Does it really matter what he says to a sports writer?

Wpg. Sun paywalled??? Never had a problem accessing their articles.

Blue In BC

I think every player wants to be the starter and being listed as the back up would be upsetting. It would more of an issue if he was ok with that designation.

Now whether he should even be dressed is another issue. He won't be contributing on ST's so we'll have to see how many reps he gets as our RB.

There isn't another Canadian on our PR that might have been a better choice to be on the AR IMO. None have been starters whereas Brady is clearly our starter when healthy.

If he plays and struggles and / or further complicates his injury there will be questions.

Since we have Smith on the roster, perhaps he gets some reps whether Augustine is doing well or not. Brady might actually be 3rd on the game depth chart.

Regardless, we're a team that struggles when we aren't successful with our run game from the RB position. Obviously Streveler will get some rushing yards but we really need success from our RB.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Road Griller

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 21, 2024, 05:16:48 PMThat is likely why you are not and will not make any personnel decisions for the Bombers!  :D  But I am with you on the Go Blue comment!

Yes! Tonight we get to see how good their decisions were this off season.  Great week of practice, perfect weather rust should be removed.

Should be dominant in all three phases and cruise to an exciting W in front of over 30k fans.  They deserve it!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 21, 2024, 06:42:01 PMI think every player wants to be the starter and being listed as the back up would be upsetting. It would more of an issue if he was ok with that designation.

Now whether he should even be dressed is another issue. He won't be contributing on ST's so we'll have to see how many reps he gets as our RB.

There isn't another Canadian on our PR that might have been a better choice to be on the AR IMO. None have been starters whereas Brady is clearly our starter when healthy.

If he plays and struggles and / or further complicates his injury there will be questions.

Since we have Smith on the roster, perhaps he gets some reps whether Augustine is doing well or not. Brady might actually be 3rd on the game depth chart.

Regardless, we're a team that struggles when we aren't successful with our run game from the RB position. Obviously Streveler will get some rushing yards but we really need success from our RB.

Not keeping Rosery around on the PR makes so little sense from a player personnel point, I have to believe he rejected the offer.  Being based in Alberta he may have plenty of opportunities to make way better money immediately.

blue_or_die

Well, we're at mid afternoon and most of us in MB only have a couple more hours of work until we file over to PAS. What's the vibe?

I'm going to need a few beers and then get loud n proud on country night. Yee haw
#Ride?

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BomberFan73

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 21, 2024, 07:04:34 PMHere's the Brady interview

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/06/20/brady-oliveira-june-20/

I have to agree that Brady is sounding a little selfish here. 
He has goals for the season, and injuries suck.  But when you haven't practiced ALL SEASON  you can't really get mad at being put as backup on paper.  I hope he plays angry & hard, and wanting to make a statement.  Hurt yourself more though, and I hope they just throw him on the 6 game as well.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 21, 2024, 03:38:16 PMMaybe I'm reading too much into it, but have to say I've soured on his attitude since the off-season contract talks and don't see him in the same light as I once did.

So I went to watch it and around 3:40 (and earlier too) he's getting very coy and cocky, basically spelling out that an injured/recovering Brady is better than a full-health Johnny.

Hey, check your 2024 avg vs Johnny, Brady!!

And smirking tongue-in-cheek comments about MOS making the decisions.  You can tell Brady is an unhappy camper.  He feels slighted and disagrees with MOS.

Brady says he's totally 100% and doesn't know why he's #2.  Something isn't right here.  If he was 100% then he would be #1.  Unless...

That's a very weird thing for WFC, as a rift may be forming.  We all remember what happened to AH33 after a rift started forming... MOS is totally loyal, until he isn't, usually because of someone betraying trust.

To be honest, this is crap we could really do without right now.  The W/L problems are not one player... it's a whole-team/org thing, and Brady needs to be more humble.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on June 21, 2024, 09:06:22 PMAH33 in the house tonight.

Cool!  Welcome home AH!  I got your back!!  (Check out my avatar!)  Hopefully the jumbotron will find him.  I wonder if he'll be in the stands with the people a la Lucky, or whether he'll be hiding in a luxury box?
Never go full Rider!

BomberFan73

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 21, 2024, 09:18:35 PMSo I went to watch it and around 3:40 (and earlier too) he's getting very coy and cocky, basically spelling out that an injured/recovering Brady is better than a full-health Johnny.

Hey, check your 2024 avg vs Johnny, Brady!!

And smirking tongue-in-cheek comments about MOS making the decisions.  You can tell Brady is an unhappy camper.  He feels slighted and disagrees with MOS.

Brady says he's totally 100% and doesn't know why he's #2.  Something isn't right here.  If he was 100% then he would be #1.  Unless...

That's a very weird thing for WFC, as a rift may be forming.  We all remember what happened to AH33 after a rift started forming... MOS is totally loyal, until he isn't, usually because of someone betraying trust.

To be honest, this is crap we could really do without right now.  The W/L problems are not one player... it's a whole-team/org thing, and Brady needs to be more humble.

I almost wonder if it's more Chris Smith he's upset about. He hasn't had to worry about his job really since AH left.
If he can't get the touches tonight and it's a 3 headed monster, who knows what happens. 
Smith looks good and the pressure builds for Brady.  Also Brady, like AH, seems to do better with more touches. 

gobombersgo

Quote from: Pigskin on June 21, 2024, 09:06:22 PMAH33 in the house tonight.

He is signing autographs in the tailgate area from 545-700.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 21, 2024, 09:28:28 PMI almost wonder if it's more Chris Smith he's upset about. He hasn't had to worry about his job really since AH left.

Could be, but knowing MOS I'd be shocked if Smith gets any touches as RB.  At best Smith will see 1 O touch used like McCrae, maybe a sweep or hitch.  Even then, I doubt it.  MOS made it abundantly clear in the pressers that Johnny has earned the touches.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 21, 2024, 09:24:35 PMCool!  Welcome home AH!  I got your back!!  (Check out my avatar!)  Hopefully the jumbotron will find him.  I wonder if he'll be in the stands with the people a la Lucky, or whether he'll be hiding in a luxury box?

Really, you have no clue what's happening tonight????
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Watching the MOS Jun 20 presser has me really puzzled now.  He must have known this decision would cause a ton of heat, questions and blowback.  And he must have known Brady would take this personally.  And all of that has come to pass.

So now I question: why?  Why make this move?  Just because they like the heat and controversy?  That's not the MOS M.O.  They hate this scrutiny.

I wonder if they're sending a not-so-subtle message to Brady.  The question is: what's that message?  What's really going on?

P.S. The nonsense about "he didn't have any practices until now" is deflection and obfuscation.  It's a non-answer.
Never go full Rider!