Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, June 21, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 20, 2024, 03:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

So, 5 out 6 CFL.ca prognosticators pick BC over Winnipeg Friday night!  Someone once said "We have them right where we want them!"  I'm sure the Blue Bombers, and the majority of their fans, don't quite see it the way the score forcasters do but let see how this all unfolds in the next 48 hours..."

Speaking of "48 Hours" here is Ed Tait's 48 Hour Primer discussing what really motivates the Bombers...

"You see the power rankings... it is different because we've never seen ourselves in that spot. Since I've been here that's never occurred," said veteran receiver Nic Demski. "It's different, but I guess it's a little bit of motivation."

"It's something you have to block out," added defensive end Willie Jefferson. "Everybody pays attention to social media and the news and things, so we see it, we just choose not to acknowledge it. Right now we just want to show we're ready to play Winnipeg football.

"From the outside looking in it's, 'Oh, what's going on? Is this what it's going to be like for the season?' But from the inside looking out, we're not hitting the panic button. We've got some great guys on the team — offence, defence and special teams — and we just need to start clicking. Make plays, get off the field on defence. Make plays, put the ball in the end zone on offence. And then when it comes to special teams do what they need to do to get the ball in good field position for the offence....

The Injury Report for June 19th shows...

Brady Oliviera, Knee, Did Not Practice, Questionable
Kyrie Wilson, Ankle, Limited Practice, Questionable
Diatrick Nichols, Shoulder, Did Not Practice, Questionable
Dalton Schoen, Hip, Full Practice, Available for the game
Jamieson Sheahan, Hip, Full Practice, Available for the game

Depth/Position Charts to follow.

Must win Game?  Pretty close to say "yes" simply to start building confidence in themselves.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Stats Junkie

Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Blueforlife

Looks like a nice night for a game.  Will be a good one.

Pigskin

We need to get our running game going early, and we can't turnover the ball. Like to see our D force a couple of turnovers and get to Adams early and often. ZC8 needs to be much better. Buck has to find a way to get Strev17 into our O.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Lots of player movement according to a Facebook depth chart: Oliveria, Fayad, Woods, Hubert, Smith and Griffith on the AR.

Nichols off, I assume to 1 game IR. Haba and Fox to 6 game IR. Charbonneau and Wilson probably to PR. Chris-Ike is off.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

gobombersgo

Ed Tait  @EdTaitWFC
Six changes to the @Wpg_BlueBombers roster.
On are RB Brady Oliveira (listed behind Augustine), RB/KR Chris Smith, DEs Ali Fayad, Owen Hubert, DT Jamal Woods, DB Michael Griffin.

Off: DB Deatrick Nichols, DE Celestin Haba, DT Miles Fox, WR/KR Myron Mitchell, LB Max Charbonneau, FB Michael Chris-Ike

Jeff Hamilton  @jeffkhamilton
Bombers depth chart and roster ahead of Friday's home game against the B.C Lions.

Brady Oliveira draws back in, but is listed as the No. 2 behind Johnny Augustine. With injuries to Celestin Haba and Miles Fox, Jamal Woods starts, w/ Ali Fayad and Owen Hubert also in. No Nichols.

blue_or_die

Not that I didn't know this, but our depth chart isn't scary in the slightest. The injuries are just atrocious.

Quote from: Pigskin on June 20, 2024, 03:14:48 PMWe need to get our running game going early, and we can't turnover the ball. Like to see our D force a couple of turnovers and get to Adams early and often. ZC8 needs to be much better. Buck has to find a way to get Strev17 into our O.

I agree with this. On O, Collaros' headcase aside, a big part of our problem is run game and being 2nd and long the whole time and forcing crap throws. If we can be 2nd and 5 most of the time, that would help and would open up the playbook a lot. On D, in past years where we would struggle, I would always say, "we need a turnover here!" and quite often Willie J or our dominant secondary would come up with it. That has not been the case in the first two games.

Solving just a few of our apparent weaknesses would go a long way in looking competent.
#Ride?

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 20, 2024, 03:28:22 PMLots of player movement according to a Facebook depth chart: Oliveria, Fayad, Woods, Hubert, Smith and Griffith on the AR.

Nichols off, I assume to 1 game IR. Haba and Fox to 6 game IR. Charbonneau and Wilson probably to PR. Chris-Ike is off.

Mitchell off not Wilson.

blue_or_die

Not that I didn't know this, but our depth chart isn't scary in the slightest. The injuries combined with the no0bs list is just atrocious.

Quote from: Pigskin on June 20, 2024, 03:14:48 PMWe need to get our running game going early, and we can't turnover the ball. Like to see our D force a couple of turnovers and get to Adams early and often. ZC8 needs to be much better. Buck has to find a way to get Strev17 into our O.

I agree with this. On O, Collaros' headcase aside, a big part of our problem is run game and being 2nd and long the whole time and forcing crap throws. If we can be 2nd and 5 most of the time, that would help and would open up the playbook a lot. On D, in past years where we would struggle, I would always say, "we need a turnover here!" and quite often Willie J or our dominant secondary would come up with it. That has not been the case in the first two games.

Solving just a few of our apparent weaknesses would go a long way in looking competent.
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 20, 2024, 03:39:50 PMNot that I didn't know this, but our depth chart isn't scary in the slightest. The injuries combined with the no0bs list is just atrocious.

The O-line needs to get their act together quickly if they want to rely on a running game, Augustine is a good RB in space but even Brady will struggle if no holes are created. Strev. could barely punch through on one yard plunges last week, the O-line needs to prove they are still an effective unit.

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on June 20, 2024, 03:39:50 PMNot that I didn't know this, but our depth chart isn't scary in the slightest. The injuries combined with the no0bs list is just atrocious.

I'm semi-happy with the depth chart under the circumstances.

Wheatfall got his one big catch last week. Let's hope for more. Brady being listed behind Johnny annoys me. If he's not ready to practice, just keep him out of the game, but adding Smith back into the line up hopefully helps our field position and can add options in the run game.

Defence will be fine if the offence starts to look competent.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: gobombersgo on June 20, 2024, 03:30:46 PMEd Tait  @EdTaitWFC
Six changes to the @Wpg_BlueBombers roster.
On are RB Brady Oliveira (listed behind Augustine), RB/KR Chris Smith, DEs Ali Fayad, Owen Hubert, DT Jamal Woods, DB Michael Griffin.

Off: DB Deatrick Nichols, DE Celestin Haba, DT Miles Fox, WR/KR Myron Mitchell, LB Max Charbonneau, FB Michael Chris-Ike

Jeff Hamilton  @jeffkhamilton
Bombers depth chart and roster ahead of Friday's home game against the B.C Lions.

Brady Oliveira draws back in, but is listed as the No. 2 behind Johnny Augustine. With injuries to Celestin Haba and Miles Fox, Jamal Woods starts, w/ Ali Fayad and Owen Hubert also in. No Nichols.

Sad to see Nichols out, but I like these changes.

Hubert: Is a big kid with good motor.
Adams: 6'2' 290 DE.
Smith: Might be what we need at KR.
Griffin: Big DB at 210 and has excellent speed, always first down the field on kick coverage. He has played 13 games in the CFL.
Fayad: Has some quickness.
Woods: Works super hard in practice.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.