Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, June 21, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 20, 2024, 03:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

I am happy with Wheatfall. 3 catches for 111 yards, pretty good for his first game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Griffin has some CFL experience from 2023 so he'll be one to watch when he's on the field. Good on ST's and has some size.

Interesting that the early season projection McGhee has fallen down the depth chart and can't get off the PR.

Sorry to see us losing Nichols for at least a game, but it is what it is.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 20, 2024, 12:12:55 PMLooks like a nice night for a game.  Will be a good one.

Indeed it is killing me GOLD MEMBER will be missing this tilt!
He'll be doing his next favourite thing which is riding to the States on Italian machinery.

I hope I see pleasant news by time I get to Fargo.

GO BOMBERS GO!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Foxhound

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 20, 2024, 03:28:22 PMLots of player movement according to a Facebook depth chart....

Facebook!!! Still and again! What's with this Facebook thing being on the Blue Bombers' brain?

Does anyone have the Bombers' email address so I can tell them to get their act together?

???

Radically Canadian!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Foxhound on June 20, 2024, 05:09:53 PMFacebook!!! Still and again! What's with this Facebook thing being on the Blue Bombers' brain?

Does anyone have the Bombers' email address so I can tell them to get their act together?

???

Maybe they'll mail one to you. You'll get it by next Wednesday.

Pigskin

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 20, 2024, 05:18:03 PMOhoh, no Nichols  :o

Yes not good, but Bond and Bridges have had three full practices together, and lot of video time, so they should be much better working together.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 20, 2024, 04:35:13 PMGriffin has some CFL experience from 2023 so he'll be one to watch when he's on the field. Good on ST's and has some size.

Interesting that the early season projection McGhee has fallen down the depth chart and can't get off the PR.

Sorry to see us losing Nichols for at least a game, but it is what it is.

No idea who this Griffin is or where he came from, but sounds like a rookie, which makes 3 in the secondary.  Not a good scenario facing V.A. and an explosive Lions passing attack. Yikes!

Stretch

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 20, 2024, 04:36:56 PMIndeed it is killing me GOLD MEMBER will be missing this tilt!
He'll be doing his next favourite thing which is riding to the States on Italian machinery.

A Zamboni?  ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Pigskin on June 20, 2024, 04:23:49 PMI am happy with Wheatfall. 3 catches for 111 yards, pretty good for his first game.

I don't mean to take anything away from the guy because certainly he delivered when called upon, and 111 yards in a game for any receiver is fantastic, but it was clear he was the beneficiary of the Ottawa secondary's focus on shutting down Schoen and Demski in the absence of Lawler.

Agree of course that his play is encouraging and if he can do that even every once in a while, we've filled Bailey's #4 receiver spot.
#Ride?

blue_or_die

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 20, 2024, 04:05:03 PMThe O-line needs to get their act together quickly if they want to rely on a running game, Augustine is a good RB in space but even Brady will struggle if no holes are created. Strev. could barely punch through on one yard plunges last week, the O-line needs to prove they are still an effective unit.

Yeah, it would be helpful if we had better OL play, but at the same time, we should know not to expect what we've had for the last number of years. New RT, new LG starter, and Patty and Stan are like 50 years old. It can and should be better, but the skill players are going to have to find a way to compensate for not having league-tops protection.

Cryders massively overpaying Hardrick was a god tier troll move
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 20, 2024, 07:08:36 PMNo idea who this Griffin is or where he came from, but sounds like a rookie, which makes 3 in the secondary.  Not a good scenario facing V.A. and an explosive Lions passing attack. Yikes!

Played 13 games for Calgary l
Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 20, 2024, 08:30:32 PMJust find a way boys!
ast year. 29 DT's and 6 ST's
2019 Grey Cup Champions