Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 29, 2018, 04:46:52 PM
Success story in Vegas should boost salary cap for next season: https://www.tsn.ca/golden-knights-success-to-help-push-salary-cap-to-78-82m-next-season-1.1097245

Can players include bonuses in their contracts based on how much the cap increases?  Like a COLA raise?

Or are they locked in regardless what the cap is?  Because a $4 mil hike might be just what we need to squeeze as many players as we can under the cap, unless that increase is already partially spent...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on May 29, 2018, 01:40:46 AM
I didn?t hear it, but if it was Westwood, I wouldn?t put much stock in it. He really has it in for Subban.
I've heard the same rumour from Friedman.  Apparently his teammates are getting sick and tired of his act, and it causes problems in the locker room.  He's worn out his welcome, and the talent isn't worth it. 

buckzumhoff

Subban paid too much . He hasn?t helped them get anywhere. I think they realize 8 million might be too much but I think they are stuck with his contract.

bluengold204

Quote from: buckzumhoff on June 01, 2018, 02:29:44 AM
Subban paid too much . He hasn?t helped them get anywhere. I think they realize 8 million might be too much but I think they are stuck with his contract.

First time to the finals last year.  I know we eliminated them this year but getting the presidents trophy isn't something to shake your stick at either.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 01, 2018, 06:02:08 PM
Kovalchuk says winning is the top priority in returning to the NHL: https://www.tsn.ca/talent/dreger-report-kovalchuk-says-winning-the-priority-in-nhl-return-1.1100940
Maybe he signs in Vegas.  Most contending teams don't have a lot of cap space. 

buckzumhoff

Kovalchuk and winning is his priority? Next one will be datsyuk . They can?t win when the other countries have their best players. They left and were poor sports . Let them stay where they are.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: buckzumhoff on June 01, 2018, 09:37:04 PM
Kovalchuk and winning is his priority? Next one will be datsyuk . They can?t win when the other countries have their best players. They left and were poor sports . Let them stay where they are.

LOL :D

Datsuyk isn't coming back to the NHL. He'll be 40 years old next month. And the fact you're lumping him in with Kovalchuk really shows your ignorance.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: buckzumhoff on June 01, 2018, 09:37:04 PM
Apparently he can't skate well anymore. Button hates him.

He has not been in the league for 6 years. Whom ever signs him is not making the playoffs.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 12, 2018, 05:26:13 PM
Ugh does effect Trouba's potential deal?

Hard to say. I can't imagine Trouba signing for that term or money, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Just read on TSN page ........ Senator"s E. Karlsson/wife filed an order of protection siting harassment from teammate Hoffman's GF

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-s-wife-alleges-hoffman-s-fiancee-conducted-campaign-of-harassment-1.1110744

Guessing someone's going to be traded
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

TrueBlue75

Quote from: Jockitch on June 12, 2018, 09:22:13 PM
Just read on TSN page ........ Senator"s E. Karlsson/wife filed an order of protection siting harassment from teammate Hoffman's GF

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-s-wife-alleges-hoffman-s-fiancee-conducted-campaign-of-harassment-1.1110744

Guessing someone's going to be traded

That whole situation is messed up! Some of the other wives have tweeted support for Karlsson?s wife and seem to confirm that this happened. If confirmed to be true, Hoffman?s girlfriend is scarily nuts.