NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Two impressive games by the Capitals to win the ECF and make their first SCF appearance in 20 years. Outshot the Bolts 7-0 in games 6 and 7... Crazy.

Did anyone predict this SCF matchup back in early October? LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

bluengold204

GOLDMEMBER

I?d like to see Ovie win but the Knights will be fully rested, again!

Knights in 6

But I hope not.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 24, 2018, 08:45:24 PM
Sick or sickening not quite sure.

Like most salaries paid to play the game.

theaardvark

I wonder what the end numbers were.  I've heard a sliding scale starting at 9mil first year, and descending from then... and also a $12mil up front with a weird array of numbers for the rest of the term, including $3mil for the CBA /lockout year.

Regardless, it is $7mil AAV for the cap.  Good luck SJ in fleshing out a team around that...  with every player signing using Kane's $7mil AAV as a benchmark... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on May 25, 2018, 03:22:15 PM
I wonder what the end numbers were.  I've heard a sliding scale starting at 9mil first year, and descending from then... and also a $12mil up front with a weird array of numbers for the rest of the term, including $3mil for the CBA /lockout year.

Regardless, it is $7mil AAV for the cap.  Good luck SJ in fleshing out a team around that...  with every player signing using Kane's $7mil AAV as a benchmark... 

Kane might be a dick but hes also a really good Hockey player.

He played pretty good in SJ and might be worth it to them.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 26, 2018, 03:47:17 AM

Kane might be a dick but hes also a really good Hockey player.

He played pretty good in SJ and might be worth it to them.

it might be 1-1.5 mil high per year but that club needs with a capital N scoring.

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 26, 2018, 07:37:17 PM
it might be 1-1.5 mil high per year but that club needs with a capital N scoring.

scoriNg?  I don't get it...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on May 27, 2018, 01:44:36 AM
scoriNg?  I don't get it...

Good it?s not intended for you to get.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on May 25, 2018, 03:22:15 PM

Funny that a fan of a team that is almost assuredly going to lose a good player due to the cap is questioning the cap situation of a team that is making a heavy play for Tavares

blue_gold_84

More fuel on the tire fire in Ottawa: http://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/former-senators-captain-daniel-alfredsson-we-hope-to-get-a-new-owner

Former Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson opened up a can of worms with Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk while helping kick off Mayor Jim Watson's re-election campaign

"We hope to get a new owner," Alfredsson said...

Alfredsson's words are shared by countless Senators fans, who have become increasingly frustrated by Melnyk's management policies, including a shrinking front-office and the fact that a string of star players - including Alfredsson - have left the organization in the past few years under tense circumstances.

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

anyone else here the blurb this morn on 1290 Radio that there are rumours about P.K. Subban's days in Nashville being numbered.
Something about his "act" has run it's course with Poile & the teammates.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on May 29, 2018, 12:39:25 AM
anyone else here the blurb this morn on 1290 Radio that there are rumours about P.K. Subban's days in Nashville being numbered.
Something about his "act" has run it's course with Poile & the teammates.

I didn?t hear it, but if it was Westwood, I wouldn?t put much stock in it. He really has it in for Subban.
My wife is amazing!