NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 20, 2014, 05:09:46 PM
Yup thats what im thinking. I dont even think he can sue him anyway.

no...i wouldnt think so....it would have to involve charging him criminally with assault
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on April 20, 2014, 05:10:40 PM
no...i wouldnt think so....it would have to involve charging him criminally with assault

And thats not going to happen.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: AngryGreg on April 20, 2014, 05:06:19 PM
and if a guy slashes another player...intending to so and breaks his wrist, should he sue? cause thats where your headed
Most slashes are attempts to hit the stick that miss.  Stick on stick is part of the game.  Interference, impeding progress, body checks, all part of the game. 

Cowardly attacking a guys nads from behind as you leave the ice?

Not a part of any game, and definately not a part of a game you get paid millions to play.

If he had hit him in the head from behind, any better?  Bertuzzi/Moore ring a bell?  How is this any more "part of the game" than that?

Watch the clip again.  Heading off the ice, reaches his stick through the legs and wham.  Not a gentle "hey, next time I'll get you" lovetap, but an intent to remove testicles.  Cup is not designed to prevent attacks from the rear...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 20, 2014, 05:29:08 PM
Most slashes are attempts to hit the stick that miss.  Stick on stick is part of the game.  Interference, impeding progress, body checks, all part of the game. 

Not a part of any game, and definately not a part of a game you get paid millions to play.

If he had hit him in the head from behind, any better?  Bertuzzi/Moore ring a bell?  How is this any more "part of the game" than that?

Watch the clip again.  Heading off the ice, reaches his stick through the legs and wham.  Not a gentle "hey, next time I'll get you" lovetap, but an intent to remove testicles.  Cup is not designed to prevent attacks from the rear...

Hes not going to be charged and nobodys going to get sued. It happens more then you think... we just dont see it.

Same with slashes. Alot of time they arnt trying to hit a stick.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Lucic wouldn't be held criminally responsible for something like that.

Yes, it's cowardly and classless. But criminal? No. Just no.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

i dont have to watch it again...i see that he meant to do it, and it was a douchebag move...noone is denying that...but he wont be charged criminally

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on April 20, 2014, 05:29:08 PM

whatever medication you are on you should stop now.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Bruins won for me today got me 4 points woohoo.

Now if SJ can go up 2-0 that would make my weekend.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Rhapsody in Blue

From TSN:

Blackhawks defenceman Brent Seabrook has been suspended for three games for his hit on Blues centre David Backes during their first-round playoff series.

The NHL announced the punishment Sunday, Seabrook's 29th birthday.

Seabrook received a five-minute major and game misconduct penalty for a vicious elbow to Backes' head late in the third period of Saturday's Game 2. Backes had to be helped off the ice and did not return during St. Louis' 4-3 overtime victory.

Seabrook's penalty led to Vladimir Tarasenko's tying goal with 6.4 seconds left in regulation.

The suspension is a big blow for the Blackhawks, who are down 2-0 heading into Game 3 on Monday night. Seabrook had a goal and an assist in each of the first two games of the series.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449874

AngryGreg

Mike

Quote from: theaardvark on April 20, 2014, 04:46:26 PM
Seriously?  No job in the world allows you to "expect" to have your nads removes with a stick.

This could have led to permanent injury and affect his family status in the future.

This was not an act within the normal persuit of the game.  He was leaving the ice, and reached his stick between the legs and jammed.  No doubt it was a premeditated act intended to injure. 

I think an out of court settlement will be reached...

No.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: AngryGreg on April 21, 2014, 03:23:34 PM
Hawks are likely done

People are saying the same about the Kings. It's not over until it's over. The Sharks and the Blues still have to win two more games.

This first round has been amazing so far.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

Well the hawks are keeping it close losing 2 in OT...the kings got thrashed and embarrased last night

blue_gold_84

How about them Blue Jackets?

Quote from: AngryGreg on April 21, 2014, 10:08:54 PM
Well the hawks are keeping it close losing 2 in OT...the kings got thrashed and embarrased last night

Two games is still two games. The Hawks' chances seem better but my point stands.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.