NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theedge204 on March 04, 2014, 10:23:06 PM
the shocking trade is luongo to florida for markstrom and matthias, i say its shocking cuz i never saw it coming, Lou wasnt mentioned in any trade rumors this season, not as much atleast. Florida and Van were talking since sunday too.

Im shocked the canucks got anything back for him, i know people on twitter and that are ripping the canucks but to get markstrom and matthias (sure not proven but id take matthias as our 3rd line center and markstrom still has potential to be a very good goalie, was just named AHL goalie of the month)
in return for a guy who really only wanted to go to one place and one place only (florida), thats a good move.

Canucks are rebuilding now, that core much didnt get it done so now its time they get younger and cheaper.

I will laugh tho tomorrow when gillis panics tho and trades kesler to florida for luongo :P

Actually, kesler will go to philly or pitt.

Really?
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

Quote from: theedge204 on March 04, 2014, 10:24:32 PM
its gonna be slow cuz all the moves are being done today.

Theres probably been 10 trades today

bryz to minny
fasth to edmonton
lou to florida
nyi traded mcdonald to philly
ana traded penner to wash

im missing a couple others.

ya....only 2 major trades in that group.

there will be plenty of roles players traded for draft picks, but i dont see any blockbusters happening
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

theedge204

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2014, 10:24:57 PM
the main part of that trade is that Vancouver is picking up part of luongo's salary...thats the only way they could move him

15 percent isnt that bad to be taking back.

the main part is matthias and markstrom tho, 2 good young (not so young but young enough) for a guy who only wanted to go to florida.

Lou vetod trades last year and the year b4 cuz he didnt want to go anywhere but florida, to get anything in return for him is huge, so they pick up 15 percent of his contract, works out to about 1 million a year roughly they say, thats not a big deal.

theedge204

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2014, 10:26:19 PM

there will be plenty of roles players traded for draft picks, but i dont see any blockbusters happening

blockbusters never happen on trade deadline day.

Im not expecting one thats for sure

kesler tho to philly or pitt will be a blockbuster trade

AngryGreg

Quote from: theedge204 on March 04, 2014, 10:26:43 PM
15 percent isnt that bad to be taking back.

the main part is matthias and markstrom tho, 2 good young (not so young but young enough) for a guy who only wanted to go to florida.

Lou vetod trades last year and the year b4 cuz he didnt want to go anywhere but florida, to get anything in return for him is huge, so they pick up 15 percent of his contract, works out to about 1 million a year roughly they say, thats not a big deal.

it is in terms of a cap hit...there is no way he is moved without that aspect of the trade

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2014, 10:26:19 PM

There was some pretty big moves made id say.

theedge204

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2014, 10:27:40 PM
it is in terms of a cap hit...there is no way he is moved without that aspect of the trade

well no kidding but the fact they got 2 players in return is pretty decent, regardless of cap hits or whatever percentage they have to retain in lou's salary.

Its moving a guy who didnt want to be in vancouver for 2 guys who probably dont mind the change of scenery from florida.

theedge204

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 04, 2014, 10:28:27 PM
There was some pretty big moves made id say.

3 goalies made up all the major trades.....all the players are just role guys.....nothing really substantial

theedge204

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2014, 10:29:35 PM
3 goalies made up all the major trades.....all the players are just role guys.....nothing really substantial

what do you expect? like crosby to be traded? its trade deadline not the summer.

Those are huge moves for a trade deadline day

trade deadline is normally about trading picks for rentals.

AngryGreg

ah well...im just glad Lou got traded, i am sick of hearing about him....he can play out his last years in Florida and dissapear

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 04, 2014, 10:48:31 PM
Hes on the edge bro.

Anyway... Some of them role players may have an impact on what goes on with the rest. Ducks seem to be saying they are not players in a Cup this year so are moving on... Thats more less what im getting at as big moves. Some buy some sell  im not saying just the buyers... sellers to.

ducks are not players in a Cup?

AngryGreg

Vanek is not dressing tonight against the Jets....hope he gets traded to the Devils haha

New_Earth_Mud

AngryGreg