NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: JMT21 on February 17, 2016, 02:39:32 PM
Empty statement for Yzerman to make.  If the right deal comes along the Lightning will trade him. Letting him go as UFA in July?  Can't imagine it. Have too believe Stevie Y. is smarter than that  ???
or is he?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Flame G Ramo done for season:

http://www.tsn.ca/flames-g-ramo-tears-acl-ending-season-1.439284

Karri Ramo's season is over due to a torn ACL.

The Calgary Flames announced the injury to their starting goaltender on Wednesday. He was injured in the third period of the Flames' 6-5 win over the San Jose Sharks on Feb. 11.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Chevy ..... trade Pav to the Flames
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

TSN announced that Bettman upheld the 20 game suspension of Wideman
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

I'm wondering is it coincidence that Stevie has these issues with Stamkos and Drouin at the same time? Kinda fishy there.

GOLDMEMBER

blue_gold_84

NHL upholds Wideman's 20-game suspension:

http://www.tsn.ca/bettman-upholds-wideman-s-suspension-1.439445

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman upheld a 20-game suspension to Calgary Flames defenceman Dennis Wideman for physical abuse of an official in a detailed, 23-page decision released on Wednesday.

The NHLPA announced Wednesday evening that Wideman will appeal Bettman?s decision to a neutral arbitrator, an avenue that has never been broached under the three-year-old CBA.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 18, 2016, 04:23:27 PM
NHL upholds Wideman's 20-game suspension:

http://www.tsn.ca/bettman-upholds-wideman-s-suspension-1.439445

he should have got more than 20 games! Inexcusable. And his text to a teammate afterwards shows how much of a twit this guy really is.

theaardvark

The texts show his frustration at being persecuted relentlessly for something he considers an accident.  Its not like he went out, got drunk, and killed someone with his car.  He got concussed, and skating back to the bench ran into a linesman.  The fact that he was not sent to the quiet room afterwards and allowed to return to the ice is on the NHL, does not suggest that he was not suffering concussion symptoms, only that he is a hockey player who wants to play, and unless you tie him to the bench or he has a broken limb, he goes over when his name is called.

I'd be frustrated too. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 18, 2016, 07:00:16 PM
The texts show his frustration at being persecuted relentlessly for something he considers an accident.  Its not like he went out, got drunk, and killed someone with his car.  He got concussed, and skating back to the bench ran into a linesman.  The fact that he was not sent to the quiet room afterwards and allowed to return to the ice is on the NHL, does not suggest that he was not suffering concussion symptoms, only that he is a hockey player who wants to play, and unless you tie him to the bench or he has a broken limb, he goes over when his name is called.

I'd be frustrated too. 

Even though it didn't look like an accident at all. ::)

Watch the replay. He intentionally shoves the linesman while skating back to the bench. His being sent to the quiet room has no significance at that point. And that isn't on the NHL, anyway. It's on his team and his head coach who decided not to send him there after he made his way to the bench.

As for the text shown in the article: "(T)he only problem and the only reason I'm here is cause the stupid refs and stupid media."

What a childish thing to say. He's a professional athlete and instead of taking responsibility for his actions, he whines to a teammate about his persecution complex.

And if you don't see the danger in what he did, I really question your understanding of hockey. Of course it's not the same as killing someone while drunk driving (quite an extreme stretch for a comparison, BTW), but shoving anyone from behind near the boards is stupid, disrespectful, and irresponsible. And it's a good thing the linesman didn't sustain serious injuries as it could've been much worse.

Why you continue to make excuses for Wideman and jump to his defense is quite baffling.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on February 18, 2016, 07:00:16 PM

I'd be frustrated too. 
now you know how most of us feel about you when discussing bombers, lol. "I was concussed officer!"

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 18, 2016, 07:33:12 PM
now you know how most of us feel about you when discussing bombers, lol. "I was concussed officer!"

LOL

Thats funny man.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 18, 2016, 07:33:12 PM

LOL :D

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 18, 2016, 07:19:10 PM
Even though it didn't look like an accident at all. ::)

Watch the replay. He intentionally shoves the linesman while skating back to the bench. His being sent to the quiet room has no significance at that point. And that isn't on the NHL, anyway. It's on his team and his head coach who decided not to send him there after he made his way to the bench.

As for the text shown in the article: "(T)he only problem and the only reason I'm here is cause the stupid refs and stupid media."

What a childish thing to say. He's a professional athlete and instead of taking responsibility for his actions, he whines to a teammate about his persecution complex.

And if you don't see the danger in what he did, I really question your understanding of hockey. Of course it's not the same as killing someone while drunk driving (quite an extreme stretch for a comparison, BTW), but shoving anyone from behind near the boards is stupid, disrespectful, and irresponsible. And it's a good thing the linesman didn't sustain serious injuries as it could've been much worse.

Why you continue to make excuses for Wideman and jump to his defense is quite baffling.

He looked very concussed to me, he seemed caught off guard by the linesman backing into his line to the bench, last second raised his arms to fend off the encroaching body.  The linesman ran into him as much as he ran into the linesman.  And, if this were an MPI claim, the linesman gets assessed 100% responsibility.  Why wasn't he watching where he was going?  Wideman had an established lane to the bench.

And yes, the NHL is supposed to have concussion spotters that call for a quiet room visit.  When told to do so, I'm not sure if a conscious NHL player would willingly go. 

I grant the 10 game might be warranted, no intent.  But I can understand Wideman and the NHLPA's contention that this was an accident, warranting no disciplinary action.  Which is why they did not appeal for a reduction in the number of games, but the action in its entirety.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 18, 2016, 07:55:35 PM
He looked very concussed to me, he seemed caught off guard by the linesman backing into his line to the bench, last second raised his arms to fend off the encroaching body.  The linesman ran into him as much as he ran into the linesman.  And, if this were an MPI claim, the linesman gets assessed 100% responsibility.  Why wasn't he watching where he was going?  Wideman had an established lane to the bench.

And yes, the NHL is supposed to have concussion spotters that call for a quiet room visit.  When told to do so, I'm not sure if a conscious NHL player would willingly go. 

I grant the 10 game might be warranted, no intent.  But I can understand Wideman and the NHLPA's contention that this was an accident, warranting no disciplinary action.  Which is why they did not appeal for a reduction in the number of games, but the action in its entirety.

LOL :D

Wow, Aardsy. Wow. :D

I'll be sure to ignore anything you have to say on the subject of hockey anymore. That bolded portion is hands down one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.