NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on February 10, 2016, 06:26:51 PM
I'm honestly all for North American over euros  OFFENSIVELY  anywho

For what reason? Half of the top scorers in the league (2 of Top 5, 4 of Top 10, 9 of Top 20) are not North American.

A breakdown from 2011/2012 showed 54.286% of players were Canadian, while 20.952% were American. If over 75% of the players in the league are North American and almost 50% of the top scorers are not, statistically, you're more likely to find a top scorer going with a non-North American player (Ignoring a million other factors, point is that kind of viewpoint seems absurd).

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on February 10, 2016, 08:38:21 PM
For what reason? Half of the top scorers in the league (2 of Top 5, 4 of Top 10, 9 of Top 20) are not North American.

A breakdown from 2011/2012 showed 54.286% of players were Canadian, while 20.952% were American. If over 75% of the players in the league are North American and almost 50% of the top scorers are not, statistically, you're more likely to find a top scorer going with a non-North American player (Ignoring a million other factors, point is that kind of viewpoint seems absurd).

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Ovechkin, Tarasenko, Malkin, Kuznetsov, Panarin, Kopitar, Voracek. That's some serious offensive skill coming out of Europe.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Kadri fined $5K for dirtbag gesture:

http://www.tsn.ca/maple-leafs-kadri-fined-5k-for-gesture-1.436546

The National Hockey League has fined Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri $5,000 for a throat-slashing gesture towards Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano.

Best of all? It was a hard, clean hit. Kadri just got upset because he was on the receiving end and couldn't handle it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

randy turner ‏@randyturner15 now48 seconds ago

BREAKING: Scientists discover gravitational waves based on collision between 2 black holes. In related story, the Leafs play Oilers tonite.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 11, 2016, 05:44:25 PM
Kadri fined $5K for dirtbag gesture:

http://www.tsn.ca/maple-leafs-kadri-fined-5k-for-gesture-1.436546

Best of all? It was a hard, clean hit. Kadri just got upset because he was on the receiving end and couldn't handle it.

Best of all? It lead to these hilarious attempts at revenge

https://gfycat.com/EntireTediousHarborporpoise

https://gfycat.com/ShyDangerousIchneumonfly

Jockitch

good find Colton ........ Giordano schooled Kadri
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jersey

Quote from: Colton on February 10, 2016, 08:38:21 PM

Some of my FAVORITE all time players are euros
Pavel Bure and Teemu Selanne

I said I'D rather take a north American player. I'm talking for thy oilers they need a power forward type. A physical presence. Very few euros are physical presence.

Yakupov is biggest buse in a long time.  Anybody want him we just want 1 pylon in return
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 12, 2016, 04:24:43 PM
The kid's garbage. And I'm baffled he didn't get a game.
meh, it was just a gesture. I don't like the guy as much as you all. But it's really not that big a deal, it's more the society we live in today. 10 years ago he would have got nothing for the throat slashing.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 12, 2016, 04:58:35 PM
meh, it was just a gesture. I don't like the guy as much as you all. But it's really not that big a deal, it's more the society we live in today. 10 years ago he would have got nothing for the throat slashing.

For me, it was the fact he made the gesture and then said "you're dead" repeatedly. It's classless and immature, IMO, and there's no need for that kind of behaviour in pro sports. Especially over a nice, clean hit.

He did the same thing in 2010 while part of Team Canada at the World Juniors.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on February 12, 2016, 11:30:07 AM
Some of my FAVORITE all time players are euros
Pavel Bure and Teemu Selanne

I said I'D rather take a north American player. I'm talking for thy oilers they need a power forward type. A physical presence. Very few euros are physical presence.

Plenty of All-Star Europeans are a physical presence, let alone any European skater. What are you talking about?

Jersey

lol.

again I never said there is none, but there is not a lot out there throwing body around or being a power forward.  I know you like to be right 100% of the time and you will argue it until the other person gives up and trust me I give up. LOL.
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

New_Earth_Mud

My 2 cents...

I see what Jersey is saying. You need to mix it up.

Both sides bring skill IMO. I dont think one side is better then the other.

That said... i bet growing up playing hockey on this side of the pond is a tougher style game.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on February 12, 2016, 09:26:02 PM
lol.

again I never said there is none, but there is not a lot out there throwing body around or being a power forward.  I know you like to be right 100% of the time and you will argue it until the other person gives up and trust me I give up. LOL.

Man don't say something incredibly stupid and then try to back off of it.

theaardvark

Wild fire Yeo, 1-11-2 in the last 14...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.