NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Buckzumhoff on February 20, 2016, 05:07:36 PM
They have been losing money along time.   the attendance at most teams in the states look way down.  There must have been only a few thousand at the Carolina game.  More empty seats , usually the cameras don't show the upper decks where there is nobody but when the lower bowls are empty.  :'for some reason fans aren't showing up .
I don't get how so many of these teams survive. Let's play a game and list these teams off Panthers, Lightning, Hurricanes, Devils, Islanders, Coyotes, Ducks, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, Stars (does anyone go to Star games?), Sharks. Am I missing any?

Guess these rich owners need great write offs for there massive incomes is the only reason I can think of.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

It's seriously such a shame to see teams like the Panthers and Stars enjoy considerable success this season, and fans there can't even show up to sell out games.

Last night was particularly absurd. Jagr sets a league record in a pitifully empty arena... Just sad.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

buckzumhoff

islanders  Rangers Philadelphia all get big tv market money and they don't need people in the stands. Islanders make enough on tv to run the team. They don't lose money the NHL looks after the U.S. teams, thinking a lot of people are at home watching when hockey ranks 40th in sports in the states behind bowling. That's why Rogers took over and now rates have gone up , less hockey on tv but the tv bill went up.

blue_gold_84

I'm pretty sure Rogers got the current contract for Canadian broadcasting in Canada because it outbid TSN. That has nothing to do with viewership or attendance figures in the US.

And how is there less hockey on TV in Canada now?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 21, 2016, 09:48:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Rogers got the current contract for Canadian broadcasting in Canada because it outbid TSN. That has nothing to do with viewership or attendance figured in the US.

And how is there less hockey on TV in Canada now?
Correct
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

theaardvark

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno

#Blackhawks announce Marcus Kruger will change number from 16 to 22 to allow newcomer Andrew Ladd to wear 16.

I guess this belongs here, now that he's no longer a Jet for the season...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on February 26, 2016, 09:14:08 PM
Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno

#Blackhawks announce Marcus Kruger will change number from 16 to 22 to allow newcomer Andrew Ladd to wear 16.

I guess this belongs here, now that he's no longer a Jet for the season...

correct

Old Rusty

From the TSN website:

The Montreal Canadiens have traded forwards Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann to the Chicago Blackhawks for forward Phillip Danault and a second-round pick in 2018. According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the Canadiens retained 30 per cent of Weise and Fleischmann's salaries.

Blackhawks grabbed another good forward in Weise.  Chicago is loaded for bear!

Also from TSN:

The Los Angeles Kings have traded defenceman Christian Ehrhoff to the Chicago Blackhawks for defenceman Rob Scuderi. Ehrhoff appeared in 40 games this season for the Kings, while Scuderi played 17 games with the Blackhawks.
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

Nic16

Some shrewd moves by Bowman. All 3 pickups are UFA's, so no additions to the cap next fall.

Ladd will provide some key goals riding shotgun to Toews and Hossa.

Weise will supply some grit and chip in offensively from a bottom 6 spot.

Fleischman will likely spend more time watching than playing come playoff time, but he is a nice fill-in on the top 9 if an injury hits.

GOLDMEMBER

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Reimer & Morin sent from the Leafs to the Sharks ........ combined with the announcement that they will sit out Lupul & JVR for the year & also other earlier trades .....
......  the Leafs have set the Blue print  for years to come,  in how to dump an NHL lineup for the chase for the Best Draft position odds
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Nic16 on February 27, 2016, 04:41:10 AM
Some shrewd moves by Bowman. All 3 pickups are UFA's, so no additions to the cap next fall.

Ladd will provide some key goals riding shotgun to Toews and Hossa.

Weise will supply some grit and chip in offensively from a bottom 6 spot.

Fleischman will likely spend more time watching than playing come playoff time, but he is a nice fill-in on the top 9 if an injury hits.
sounds like the riders ala Taman's play. GoHawks Go!

Old Rusty

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 27, 2016, 11:05:41 PM
sounds like the riders ala Taman's play. GoHawks Go!

Hawks took out the Caps this afternoon 3 - 2.  Ladd made his typical clearing pass backwards from the goalmouth, robbing the goalie of a chance to stop the play: which eventually wound up on Toews stick and its in.  Ladds first point as a Hawk.

The functionality of that line is through the roof.

And so on.
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

Jockitch

If this has been said in an earlier post .... it than bares repeating
The Ducks are known to have depth in their Dmen. Boston meanwhile may not be signing Lou Erickson.
Anaheim could use LE's skills ...... therefore send a Sam Vatanen to Boston
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE