Hamilton at Winnipeg - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

I don't think Bo even starts. The concussed guy was deemed OK by the hospital wasn't he?

Bo's career seemed over by last year's Grey Cup, when he was in the booth. I was shocked to see him even on the field this year. As someone, here mentioned a score of a lot of points by the Bombers and few by the worst team in the CFL would seem appropriate.

Biggie seemed to get significantly hurt last game.( calf muscle again?)
Brady also got hammered, and was pulled in the end of the third? ( he seemed OK, though shaking hands after the game)

But as another poster said, Coach Younger, has got the defense flying around.i think we are just better than the Ticats personnel.

Pete

A lot of talk about ticats qbs, I have some concerns with our qbs specifically Streveler, isnt that 3 games in a row hes been stopped on short yardage? Twice it appears yo be footwork issues and maybe timing.
 He should be as consistant as Stevens but something's off. Even when hes in on 2nd and 3 hes not running as effectively as in the past
 Teams have no respect for his arm and unless buck has him establish that threat it will be tough.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on August 20, 2024, 02:22:53 PMA lot of talk about ticats qbs, I have some concerns with our qbs specifically Streveler, isnt that 3 games in a row hes been stopped on short yardage? Twice it appears yo be footwork issues and maybe timing.
 He should be as consistant as Stevens but something's off. Even when hes in on 2nd and 3 hes not running as effectively as in the past
 Teams have no respect for his arm and unless buck has him establish that threat it will be tough.

Pretty disappointed with what they've got out of Strev. this year, thought he would be busting free at least a couple of times a game for big gains, and we're half way through the season and I don't think he's had a single run over 10 yds. It also seems like he hasn't been given permission to throw the ball, if Buck wasn't going to explore his capability as the next starter, wonder why they moved away from Prukop?

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 20, 2024, 03:20:34 PMPretty disappointed with what they've got out of Strev. this year, thought he would be busting free at least a couple of times a game for big gains, and we're half way through the season and I don't think he's had a single run over 10 yds. It also seems like he hasn't been given permission to throw the ball, if Buck wasn't going to explore his capability as the next starter, wonder why they moved away from Prukop?

Yup. Not only are we not getting the big trick plays, we're not even getting basic short yardage production.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on August 20, 2024, 03:31:41 PMYup. Not only are we not getting the big trick plays, we're not even getting basic short yardage production.

I'm guessing Strev. isn't too happy with the situation so far, if the Bombers had any cushion at all I'd be happy to see him start 2 or 3 games but that opportunity evaporated with the poor start.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 20, 2024, 03:37:11 PMI'm guessing Strev. isn't too happy with the situation so far, if the Bombers had any cushion at all I'd be happy to see him start 2 or 3 games but that opportunity evaporated with the poor start.

I never had any interest in him starting games. I just thought he'd have a cool 3rd down package and would take advantage of a hurry up offence in specific situations.

My wife is amazing!

DM83

Strev ain't a great QB.  But he is a darn good football player.

I too would love to see him run the RPO, or a form of wishbone, and lastly even as a blocking back or tight end..  just get him in space, and let him bowl people over. I mean if I can develop a package of  plays, I am sure Buck can. Lol!

Letting the road graders, with a couple extra linemen, and a Strev is heavenly.  However, that can be. Brought out in the division semi final, or Cup.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on August 20, 2024, 03:48:15 PMI never had any interest in him starting games. I just thought he'd have a cool 3rd down package and would take advantage of a hurry up offence in specific situations.

I wonder if injuries and the ensuing struggles on offense early in the season factored into things. It seems like Pierce has kept the offense pretty simplistic to this point.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on August 20, 2024, 04:55:10 PMStrev ain't a great QB.  But he is a darn good football player.

I too would love to see him run the RPO, or a form of wishbone, and lastly even as a blocking back or tight end..  just get him in space, and let him bowl people over. I mean if I can develop a package of  plays, I am sure Buck can. Lol!

Letting the road graders, with a couple extra linemen, and a Strev is heavenly.  However, that can be. Brought out in the division semi final, or Cup.

Not something I want to bring out in a play off game. Do it during the regular season so opponents will have to plan for it.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

We saw Streveler trip over Bryants legs, and have troubles getting through the line.

I think its time for the "step forward, drop back" play that worked so well before.

We need Lawler of Demski on the wide out, one on one, for the jump ball on 2nd and 1.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

I like the notion of Lawler at wide out on 2nd and 1, and throw the post pattern and let him go get it.

Its unfortunate that he tripped over the O lineman's feet on the short yardage play. He needs to pick it up and he will.

J5V

Strev nearly brought us all the way back in that first Calgary game and he did get us to overtime with his arm when he found Woli in the end zone. Unfortunately he threw a pick in the end zone in overtime when Demski slipped and fell down.  Point is he played very well and will do so again. His arm is underrated.
Go Bombers!

dd

also, the one time he didn't make it on 3rd and short, he/we got robbed due to an atrocious spot by the official.

Strevy will redeem himself, bank on it.

Jesse

Quote from: J5V on August 20, 2024, 06:20:00 PMStrev nearly brought us all the way back in that first Calgary game and he did get us to overtime with his arm when he found Woli in the end zone. Unfortunately he threw a pick in the end zone in overtime when Demski slipped and fell down.  Point is he played very well and will do so again. His arm is underrated.

Nothing about Strev is underrated.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Well, if Zach surprised all and announced he was retiring this off-season, I don't believe they would be comfortable that they have his replacement in house. Within 2 years they need to be very confident they have the next QB covered or they'll fall like a rock. The fact they've developed a QB from scratch only once in 50 odd years is unnerving for their future prospects.