Hamilton at Winnipeg - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 19, 2024, 03:02:16 AMGive it up already "who we really are!" It's stale and old news already... It's also called gamesmanship and if a Bomber was a bit cocky on a great team nobody would have an issue with it.

No.  No forgiveness for Bo for that comment IN OUR BARN ever.  None.

It's not normal gamesmanship, and in the entire 12 years since I became a rabid fan (again) I've never seen any other QB say anything close to that in an in-game interview.  Bo stands alone at that level of douchiness.

Even you had to go all the way back to Dieter to find a similar example.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2024, 05:08:19 AMNo.  No forgiveness for Bo for that comment IN OUR BARN ever.  None.

It's not normal gamesmanship, and in the entire 12 years since I became a rabid fan (again) I've never seen any other QB say anything close to that in an in-game interview.  Bo stands alone at that level of douchiness.

Even you had to go all the way back to Dieter to find a similar example.

OK you laid down a challenge bud! :D I will comb my memory banks another day and come up with several in the CFL I'm sure. Probably many I don't know as usually these are local stories and not published in the sports news.

12 years?! :D I go back to 1980 intently following the Bombers and Hockey/CFL since 1976. Maybe even hockey back to 1972 summit series when I was only 6 years old, but I recall a few remembrances on that classic series. NFL since 1980. Baseball I have sort of given up on. NBA....maybe playoffs only or international competitions. BIRD/MAGIC/JORDAN/Detroit Bad Boys over 80's-90's the best NBA era. So you have a LOT of catching up to do man!! :) :D

IN the NHL, maybe only 10-15 years ago.....SEAN AVERY of the New York Rangers....IN A CALGARY dressing room interview after a loss to Flames....DION CAN HAVE MY SLOPPY SECONDS! THAT was truly insulting and disgraceful if you know the incident I am talking about. Total A-Hole! Been many a douche bag in various sports over the decades. Sean Avery ranks up near the top. 

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 19, 2024, 05:23:07 AMOK you laid down a challenge bud! :D I will comb my memory banks another day and come up with several in the CFL I'm sure. Probably many I don't know as usually these are local stories and not published in the sports news.

To equal what BLM did to our team/fans you must find an example that was aired during or right after a game.  The equivalent to being on a TSN game broadcast or the SportsCenter pressers right after.

BLM said his infamous quote live during a halftime interview on the sidelines in our barn to the whole country on TSN.

Some obscure thing in the Regina Leader Post wouldn't count because it wasn't meant to be heard by all fans across the country.  However, hearing them too might be funny!

So maybe the "banjo picking inbreds" line might count?  Was that during a game or some other time?  However, that was by a lowly kicker, no?  Not the leader of a team QB who is held to a higher standard.

Riderfans bring that banjo quote up till this very day, and never call the game the BB in their forum (it's called "The Game After The LDC".)  So ya, that kind of outright disdain will (and should!) make that player the hated bane of the fans for all time.

You can forgive BLM all you want.  I hope they pound him into the turf next week.  I may forgive him when he hangs them up and joins TSN.  Maybe.

Riderfans have never forgiven that kicker, and he retired like 15 years ago?
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Practice week:

Monday, August 19 – Tuesday, August 20
No practice/media availability

Wednesday, August 21
Closed practice

Thursday, August 22

Walkthrough: 11:00 a.m.
Filming not permitted.

Friday, August 23
Hamilton Tiger-Cats at  Blue Bombers, 7:30 p.m. CT, Princess Auto Stadium, Winnipeg, MB
TV: TSN, CBSSN
Radio: 680 CJOB

Pigskin

Would really like to see Adams back in for this game. With that said, Coach Younger has take a bunch of 1st year Bombers and turned them into a very good D unit.   

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

BlueInCgy

The amount of people that are butthurt about a single comment Bo made, what, nearly a decade ago, is humorous.  All of you would have killed to have Bo as our QB at that point when Nichols was stinking out the joint.  Get over it.  Life is too short, and far worse things have been said in this league.

As far as Friday goes, the offence needs to show up fast and early.  We need to hang a 50 burger on them.

The Zipp

Quote from: BlueInCgy on August 19, 2024, 11:10:44 PMThe amount of people that are butthurt about a single comment Bo made, what, nearly a decade ago, is humorous.  All of you would have killed to have Bo as our QB at that point when Nichols was stinking out the joint.  Get over it.  Life is too short, and far worse things have been said in this league.

As far as Friday goes, the offence needs to show up fast and early.  We need to hang a 50 burger on them.

Would be nice to see the offence wide open with points...TD after TD...and some on defence too.  Felt bad our pick 6 got taken away

dd

It was an arrogant, insulting classless statement made years ago about a franchise struggling to turn the corner from being brutal to being respectable. I for one, and it looks like I'm not alone, won't let it go. I hope fans bring signs saying ' 'C mon Bo, show us who you really are!!'

Let's see if he thinks it's funny when he's the one struggling. Classless inbred hillbilly, oh wait, that's a different player rant!! Fitting though...

Waffler

I say let him sleep. Why give him the gift of motivation?
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blueforlife

The name calling above is a a little much.  Bo was very arrogant and doesn't deserve much respect but don't go do his level and be disrespectful.

Let him hear it on Friday.  I like to razz him from the upper deck.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BlueInCgy on August 19, 2024, 11:10:44 PMThe amount of people that are butthurt about a single comment Bo made, what, nearly a decade ago, is humorous.  All of you would have killed to have Bo as our QB at that point when Nichols was stinking out the joint.  Get over it.  Life is too short, and far worse things have been said in this league.

I would have liked Bo in B&G before his comment.  After that comment I would never want anything to do with him.  It's the same reason I would never want VAJ after trying to kill Biggie with a helmet: they have no honor, integrity or class.

I'll never get over it.  Get over it.

If any players are still here from that game (Fatboi, Big Stan, and ?) I hope they find a way to disrespect him in every (legal) way possible.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on August 20, 2024, 12:04:55 AMI say let him sleep. Why give him the gift of motivation?

I bet he wouldn't even remember.  It would probably take some reporter bringing it up and quoting him.  Doubt it happens... TSN is grooming BLM for a panel spot and wouldn't want to rile up any fan base (or Bo).
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 19, 2024, 03:02:16 AMGive it up already "who we really are!" It's stale and old news already... It's also called gamesmanship and if a Bomber was a bit cocky on a great team nobody would have an issue with it. I never had an issue with that comment and Bo was great in the Calgary community always. Never heard a bad thing ever gossiped about him. Sour grapes if you ask me if you are still carrying a grudge this long already. 

What about Dieter Brock dissing Winnipeg back in the day....NOTHING BUT THE ZOO TO SEE! :D That is much more distasteful to me, but then again I could care less in the end as he was out the door by that time. HIS opinion, not mine.

It is only a GAME....no one hurt outside feeble feelings. Move on.

Wow, seems I may have hit a nerve. 

Feel better now?

J5V

Quote from: Big Daddy on August 20, 2024, 02:22:14 AMWow, seems I may have hit a nerve. 

Feel better now?
I'll feel better after beating him. Just win baby!
Go Bombers!