Hamilton at Winnipeg - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AMIf there ever was a trap game this is it.  New DC for Hamilton.  Short week and limited practice for the Bombers. 

This is a game that we should win if our defence plays like it has shown.

No trap, a great team playing a terrible one.  We are at home, we can only loose by beating ourselves.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 03:04:39 AMNo trap, a great team playing a terrible one.  We are at home, we can only loose by beating ourselves.

That is the definition of a trap game, no?

Jesse

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 19, 2024, 03:02:16 AMGive it up already "who we really are!" It's stale and old news already... It's also called gamesmanship and if a Bomber was a bit cocky on a great team nobody would have an issue with it. I never had an issue with that comment and Bo was great in the Calgary community always. Never heard a bad thing ever gossiped about him. Sour grapes if you ask me if you are still carrying a grudge this long already. 

What about Dieter Brock dissing Winnipeg back in the day....NOTHING BUT THE ZOO TO SEE! :D That is much more distasteful to me, but then again I could care less in the end as he was out the door by that time. HIS opinion, not mine.

It is only a GAME....no one hurt outside feeble feelings. Move on.

Exactly. It's a game. It's entertainment. We're allowed to hate the villains.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2024, 03:05:24 AMThat is the definition of a trap game, no?
Trap game is where the underdog beats the king.  We are not the king yet.

What I meant ones only way we loose is if we give them points on turnovers or make a bunch of major blunders

The Zipp

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2024, 03:05:24 AMThat is the definition of a trap game, no?

Thought so and while the records aren't miles apart the current trajectories are going in opposite directions.  We are on a small winning streak and they are firing coaches in desperation and have no qb. 

This is a game based on records and recent games we should for sure win - nobody will be picking the Ticats to win.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 19, 2024, 03:08:42 AMThought so and while the records aren't miles apart the current trajectories are going in opposite directions.  We are on a small winning streak and they are firing coaches in desperation and have no qb. 

This is a game based on records and recent games we should for sure win - nobody will be picking the Ticats to win.

Oh for sure! It can and will be billed as a trap game probably. I don't think the Bombers will fall into that mindset this year but last year's team might have.

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on August 19, 2024, 03:08:42 AMThought so and while the records aren't miles apart the current trajectories are going in opposite directions.  We are on a small winning streak and they are firing coaches in desperation and have no qb. 

Trap games are usually when the bottom beats the top

The is bottom against middle (records)

1-0 each week, hard to trap a MOS LOL

Jesse

At this point of the CFL season, The Ti-cats are the only "bad" team.

Everyone else has an equal opportunity moving forward (though I have my bets on certain teams to spiral).
My wife is amazing!

Jesse

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 03:10:47 AMTrap games are usually when the bottom beats the top

The is bottom against middle (records)

1-0 each week, hard to trap a MOS LOL

Oh, we've been trapped.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Calgary will be passed by both us and Edmonton in the standings, Sask will be tough with Harris and their D, BC is mid pack with Edmonton . East Montreal finishes on top with Ottawa and Toronto battling for home field advantage, Hamilton goes to zero with a bullet

Blueforlife

Quote from: Jesse on August 19, 2024, 03:11:49 AMOh, we've been trapped.
Everyone has that is good.  One of problems for any dominant club.  I said it's hard to trap MOS and believe the trapping isn't in seasons lol.

dd

Bombers too hungry to be trapped. Offense still looking to get on track. Bombers at home with fans are very tough to beat. Hamilton is still Hamilton, they couldn't beat the sisters of the poor

bwiser

I don't see the Bombers looking ahead to the home and home against the Riders. O'Shea has this team believing that you go 1-0 each week. I don't see the Bombers approaching this game any different.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 19, 2024, 02:16:18 AMPrecautionary and he was released today. It's possible they may choose to sit him if he's experiencing any side effects.

Taking headshots and coming out for a series or a game is normal.  Having after effects 1 hour later and getting ambulanced to the hospital is not.  That almost certainly means a real concussion and for that you usually keep the player out the next week.

My hunch is it'll be BLM or whoever their 3rd guy is.  With how BLM has been playing I would not be surprised if they chose the no-name.  I'd actually rather face the known quantity than a no-film risk.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Big Daddy on August 19, 2024, 02:23:27 AMHonestly I'd like to see BLM so we can crush him.  No chance Zach would say at the half time interview that "we are showing them who they really are" as we lay a beat down (those of you that know what I'm talking about, will know), but I would like nothing more than to see us humble BLM because I don't think he is humbled at all.

While that would be epic and lead to great roars of laughter across the league, it's unlikely... especially since someone would have to show and explain it to Zach because he wasn't here at the time!

Maybe better if some fans bring some signs...
Never go full Rider!