Hamilton at Winnipeg - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 21, 2024, 12:55:53 AMPowell looked fully cognisant when he was trying to get himself back into the game, but he obviously failed the concussion test if they placed him on the 6-game IR.  It must have been noted in the game day thread but it was extremely dumb of him not to slide once targeted by 3 vicious defenders.

Ya, that's often normal too.  They take the hit, see stars for 5-20s, get up and feel like a million bucks.  So he went into the tent after they yanked him, and came out 10 mins later and looked angry he was being held out.

THEN... 30-90 minutes later your start feeling the real effects.  That's when they walked him to the locker room.  I bet it went downhill from there, hence the ambulance ride to the hospital and the 6G.  He's probably happy that they kept him out... now.
Never go full Rider!

jayrock

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 19, 2024, 03:04:39 AMNo trap, a great team playing a terrible one.  We are at home, we can only loose by beating ourselves.

great team? 4-6 makes a team great? If you win out the rest of the season then you will be good. But great? That lands right up there with "better then our record".

There is only one stand out team in the league right now and that is Montreal. The easy east no longer exists as of right now. All the teams in the west are just doing enough to stay in the hunt. Even good old Edmonton is putting up their hand to remind everyone in the west they are here.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: jayrock on August 21, 2024, 02:27:46 PMgreat team? 4-6 makes a team great? If you win out the rest of the season then you will be good. But great? That lands right up there with "better then our record".

There is only one stand out team in the league right now and that is Montreal. The easy east no longer exists as of right now. All the teams in the west are just doing enough to stay in the hunt. Even good old Edmonton is putting up their hand to remind everyone in the west they are here.

The ingredients to a great team are there. If the Bombers can find a way to break out the offense then no one is going to want to play them down the stretch. That's a big *if* but it's not like they haven't figured it out before. 

I would also argue that we are better than our record or at least better than the 0-4 team that started the year. We're 4-2 since July 12. That feels about right.

Go_Big_D

dont the ticats have Taulia Tagovailoa on PR?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: jayrock on August 21, 2024, 02:27:46 PMgreat team? 4-6 makes a team great? If you win out the rest of the season then you will be good. But great? That lands right up there with "better then our record".

You're not watching this team closely enough if all you're looking at is the W-L record.

But since you mentioned it: after going 0-4, they're 4-2 (better than any other division opponent).
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

pdirks67

Fair comment. Great Defense + OK Offense = Good (not great). Hamilton is just so bad right now that they'd need help from any other CFL opponent to win a game. Hopefully we don't fall into the trap of giving them that help.

theaardvark

4-6, but the lowest points against of any team, bar none, even teams with only 9 games played.

18 fewer points allowed than the next lowest, the 9-1 Als.

Defence wins championships.

Only 1 1 score win, 4 1 score losses.  We could easily be 7-3.

Regardless, 2 game decisive win streak against division rival.  First with leading MOP contender Adams at the helm, kept him off the board, and then the return of "The Chosen One", highest paid player in the CFL in recent history, holding him to a FG until he was pulled in garbage time.

In a "what have you done for me lately" league, we've done ALOT of late.

Its too bad for you that SSK is coming up on our schedule.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

TiCats are mistake prone. Penalties and turnovers hurt them every game. Overall their defence is very bad and their offence has issues as well.

If we limit our mistakes we should have a distinct advantage. BLM is not going to be a threat as a runner. Pressure him and he'll throw up some int.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pdirks67

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 21, 2024, 05:11:52 PMTiCats are mistake prone. Penalties and turnovers hurt them every game. Overall their defence is very bad and their offence has issues as well.

If we limit our mistakes we should have a distinct advantage. BLM is not going to be a threat as a runner. Pressure him and he'll throw up some int.

I have no stats to support it, but it sure seems like we've been blitzing less lately and dropping more guys into coverage? And it seems like it's been working. I'd be tempted to just rush 3 and let him throw the picks.

dd

We're the hottest team in the league right now, trending in the right direction. Secondary is ferocious, offense is improving. Hamilton is the opposite, their secondary is gross, their offense is offensive to watch.  This game shouldn't be close at all

DM83

Bo is a great QB, like many in the league. Giving him time to throw is what he needs.
Put pressure on him is when he throws picks.
In recent games,bombers have brought the heat, and we have succeeded.
The D line has found ways to pressure, an the occasional extra couple guy has pressured the QB.

I am greatly surprised and appreciative of our defensive philosophy and play of those last three games. Congrats to Younger and Hall and the players. The Defense has really picked it up.

I look forward to the Bombers shutting down Bo.

Blue In BC

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 21, 2024, 05:30:03 PMI have no stats to support it, but it sure seems like we've been blitzing less lately and dropping more guys into coverage? And it seems like it's been working. I'd be tempted to just rush 3 and let him throw the picks.

Adams is a QB that looks for the deep big play and that takes time to develop. However, more DB's in coverage panics him.

Rourke was rusty as they come and we gave him different looks that confused him while still generating pressure.

BLM has more experience and can sustain long drives without needing the big play. I'm not as impressed with his receivers than the Lions as an example.

In that sense, I'd send pressure more often since he doesn't have the legs of Adams or Rourke. Jefferson, Haba and Garbutt could have a field day.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

I'm expecting another big game by the defense. On offense, a balanced and clean effort should do the trick, especially if the defense can generate a few takeaways.

It'd be nice to see Whitehead pop off a nice return or two as well.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

So Younger has our D dialed in right now. But, how about the job the GOAT, Mike Miller has done with our teams. First year coach, who has had to deal with a lot of injuries and keeps finding players who have bought in to his style of of play. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

gobombersgo

Transactions:

2024-08-21   WPG   Adams, Devin   DT   A   Peru State College   ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER   Game Roster
2024-08-21   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   G   Laval   TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER   Practice Roster
2024-08-21   WPG   SCHMEKEL, Tanner   DL   N   Regina   TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER   Practice Roster