Hamilton at Winnipeg - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 20, 2024, 08:39:24 PMWell, if Zach surprised all and announced he was retiring this off-season, I don't believe they would be comfortable that they have his replacement in house. Within 2 years they need to be very confident they have the next QB covered or they'll fall like a rock. The fact they've developed a QB from scratch only once in 50 odd years is unnerving for their future prospects.
But on the other hand, we ve developed 1 talented and upcoming Qb in the last 3 years here, and he's better than anything else any other teams have developed in that time frame. I look to see Dru brown sign with the bombers as a free agent when Collaros retires as he'd like to win a championship and he isn't going to do it in Ottawa.

gobombersgo

Hakunavanhu and Powell were transferred to the 6 game list today.

Pete

Its hard to fully evaluate Strev. I just think its been too predictable when hes on the field. Not just that you know its a running play, but its mostly him faking and running up the middle
 Every play hes in he ends up taking a lot of punishment
 Its not a recipe for success.

J5V

Quote from: Pete on August 20, 2024, 10:19:44 PMIts hard to fully evaluate Strev. I just think its been too predictable when hes on the field. Not just that you know its a running play, but its mostly him faking and running up the middle
 Every play hes in he ends up taking a lot of punishment
 Its not a recipe for success.
Agree. He's already demonstrated what a tough SOB he is. Now we need to see more of Streveler the Gunslinger and don't think he can't do it. But that's up to Buck and MOS, neither of which are stupid, so I'll bet Strev has been been getting homework assignment, just in case.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 20, 2024, 09:24:01 PMHakunavanhu and Powell were transferred to the 6 game list today.

Ya, I knew that was going to happen.  You don't go to hospital in ambulance in-game if you don't have a real concussion.  Dude probably started seeing stars and throwing up 30 mins after the hit.

Weird, because it didn't look too big... not much worse than that one that knocked Zach out cold the other week.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 20, 2024, 10:33:03 PMYa, I knew that was going to happen.  You don't go to hospital in ambulance in-game if you don't have a real concussion.  Dude probably started seeing stars and throwing up 30 mins after the hit.

Weird, because it didn't look too big... not much worse than that one that knocked Zach out cold the other week.
When I slowed it down to 1/4 speed I thought it looked really bad. It was such a bang bang play.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 20, 2024, 03:20:34 PMPretty disappointed with what they've got out of Strev. this year, thought he would be busting free at least a couple of times a game for big gains, and we're half way through the season and I don't think he's had a single run over 10 yds. It also seems like he hasn't been given permission to throw the ball, if Buck wasn't going to explore his capability as the next starter, wonder why they moved away from Prukop?

I look at it similarly, but minus the starter stuff.

If you just wanted sneak-every-time SY then you keep Prukop.  He's better, always has been.

What you buy Strev for is to throw 25% of the time on 2nd & 1-2.  And also to do the C-gap or edge around 10% of the time on 3rd & 1.  We haven't been using him like that yet, and it's puzzling.

BUT... maybe we went Strev instead of Prukop because we knew Dru was walking.  Whatever rookie #3 (#1 backup) we were looking at was gonna suck in year 1 if Zach went down.  So Strev is a great compromise as he can be a legit (and cheap) #1 to get you .500... AND do the SY.  So for the value for the money can't be beat, and #3 gets to be an ELC.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

So the question for HAM now is... BLM or ??.  Would they really risk starting their nobody #3 against us when they have threw-for-500Y Bo sitting there?
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 20, 2024, 09:24:01 PMHakunavanhu and Powell were transferred to the 6 game list today.

Bring on Bo!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 20, 2024, 10:37:47 PMSo the question for HAM now is... BLM or ??.  Would they really risk starting their nobody #3 against us when they have threw-for-500Y Bo sitting there?
I believe we get BLM. The D will be smacking their chops in anticipation of him throwing those ducks.
Go Bombers!

dd

BLM won't score a point on us. Back to back shutouts at home coming up!!

Blue In BC

Yikes!!! That's a surprise that both of those players are going to 6 game IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 20, 2024, 10:33:03 PMYa, I knew that was going to happen.  You don't go to hospital in ambulance in-game if you don't have a real concussion.  Dude probably started seeing stars and throwing up 30 mins after the hit.

Powell looked fully cognisant when he was trying to get himself back into the game, but he obviously failed the concussion test if they placed him on the 6-game IR.  It must have been noted in the game day thread but it was extremely dumb of him not to slide once targeted by 3 vicious defenders.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 20, 2024, 11:20:04 PMYikes!!! That's a surprise that both of those players are going to 6 game IR.

I mean, when you're carted off the field, I feel like it's more likely than not.
My wife is amazing!