REDBLACKS at Stamps GDT Thurs 8pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 14, 2024, 10:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 16, 2024, 02:26:13 AMPlace yer bets: how long until Dickenson The Greater starts losing his cool on the sidelines?
You can bet he'll be whining at the refs. The man is insufferable.
Go Bombers!

The Zipp

Love seeing Masoli have success. Dude has worked hard to get back.

Not a fan of Lapo...too sleepy, needs some excitement in his voice. 

TecnoGenius

Haha, Armstead thinks he's that Jaguars QB a few years back, with the towel!

Not the best interview...
Never go full Rider!

bomb squad

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 16, 2024, 02:29:04 AMHaha, Armstead thinks he's that Jaguars QB a few years back, with the towel!

Not the best interview...

Oh, what do you mean? Very insightful. ;)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 16, 2024, 02:29:01 AMNot a fan of Lapo...too sleepy, needs some excitement in his voice.

I love Lapo the OC and Lapo the booth voice.  (Meh on Lapo the HC.)

Ya, he's a bit dry for sure.  Like the anti-Dustin, eh?

But he's perfect for the new/medium fan who is truly interested in learning the game.  What I wouldn't have given for Lapo in the booth when I was getting back into CFL 10 years ago.  I would have been lapping up all of his wisdom.

I still learn stuff from Lapo's free-association brain dumps, but I would have learned a lot more when I knew nothing!

The downside is it may turn off the uber-fan and super-casual fan.  The latter may want to be in brain shutoff mode, and resent any attempt to learn.
Never go full Rider!

markf

Quote from: J5V on August 16, 2024, 02:28:17 AMYou can bet he'll be whining at the refs. The man is insufferable.

And some of his players absorb his whininess... guy has one grey cup win as a coach.

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

J5V

Armstead's going to gas this D by the 4th quarter.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 16, 2024, 02:07:31 AMYeah, he does try to explain what is happening alot. I think I prefer that to others that just repeat the same talking points about a player 10 times a game.
:D Yup I agree
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

markf

Calgary D starting to get worn out

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 16, 2024, 02:29:01 AMLove seeing Masoli have success. Dude has worked hard to get back.

He looks sharp! :)

The Zipp

J5V

Masoli is stretching the D out nicely. Stamps have no idea what's coming. Beautiful play to Acklin.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 16, 2024, 02:29:01 AMLove seeing Masoli have success. Dude has worked hard to get back.

Worse Lapo makes me think I'm in a classroom learning how to be a good driver.  :D

GOLDMEMBER