REDBLACKS at Stamps GDT Thurs 8pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 14, 2024, 10:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobombersgo

Calgary Stampeders lose four-time all-star OL Sean McEwen to six-game injured list
By 3Down Staff -August 14, 2024

The Calgary Stampeders have lost Canadian offensive lineman Sean McEwen to the six-game injured list.

The six-foot-three, 299-pound blocker was originally selected in the first round of the 2015 CFL Draft by the Toronto Argonauts and has dressed for 124 career games and made 119 starts, including nine this season at centre. The four-time division all-star and three-time CFL all-star will be replaced by Rodeem Brown for Thursday's game against the Ottawa Redblacks.

The Stampeders have made several other changes on offence, demoting Cam Echols to the practice roster and moving Jalen Philpot into his place at boundary wide receiver. The change will allow Cole Tucker to enter the starting lineup at slotback. Josh Coker has also taken back the starting job at right tackle following the release of Trevon Tate.

Canadian defensive lineman Kwadwo Boahen has returned to the lineup following a stint on the six-game injured list, while linebacker Adam Konar has been added to it with a hamstring injury. The University of Calgary product has made one defensive tackle and six special teams tackles this season.

Calgary has also promoted running back Kylin Hill and fullback Ron Tiavaasue to the active roster after dressing only one player in the backfield in last week's loss to the Toronto Argonauts.

The Calgary Stampeders (4-5) will host the Ottawa Redblacks (5-2-1) on Thursday, Aug. 15 with kickoff slated for 9:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/14/calgary-stampeders-lose-four-time-all-star-ol-sean-mcewen-to-six-game-injured-list/

gobombersgo

Brandin Dandridge to make season debut for Ottawa Redblacks vs. Calgary
By 3Down Staff -August 14, 2024

The Ottawa Redblacks will have defensive back Brandin Dandridge in the lineup for the first time this season when they take on the Calgary Stampeders.

The 27-year-old native of Lee's Summit, Mo. completed a stint on the six-game injured list to open the season and missed last week's tie against Saskatchewan with a knee injury. He will start at boundary cornerback, pushing Deandre Lamont to field-side halfback and Bennett Williams to the practice roster.

Dandridge had a career year in 2023, making 24 defensive tackles and five interceptions over 13 games. He was also named the team's nominee for Most Outstanding Special Teams Player after returning 45 punts for 539 yards and a touchdown and 15 kickoffs for 328 yards.

The most prominent change for the Redblacks this week is Jeremiah Masoli taking over under centre, which was previously announced. Dru Brown is out with a foot injury he sustained last week, while Dustin Crum, who played in place of Brown against the Roughriders, will be Masoli's primary backup. Tyrie Adams, who won his only start last season prior to suffering a torn ACL, will be the third-stringer.

Rookie phenom Kalil Pimpleton has been added to the six-game injured list due to a problem with his hand. The 24-year-old native of Muskegon, Mi. caught 18 passes for 315 yards and one touchdown over four games this season and also returned one punt for a touchdown. Jaelon Acklin will take over his spot at boundary wide receiver with Bralon Addison returning to the starting lineup at slotback.

Ottawa has also shuffled its offensive line with Cyrille Hogan-Saindon, a two-year starter at centre, being replaced by Eric Starczala. The University of Guelph product was a seventh-round pick in the 2019 CFL Draft and has since dressed for only two career games with zero starts. Hogan-Saindon is a healthy scratch.

The Ottawa Redblacks (5-2-1) will visit the Calgary Stampeders (4-5) on Thursday, Aug. 15 with kickoff slated for 9:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/14/brandin-dandridge-to-make-season-debut-for-ottawa-redblacks-vs-calgary/

gobombersgo

markonfootball   @Markonfootball
Add to roster:
DBs'-Ben Labrosse, Kaelyn St. Cyr
Receiver-Rysen John
RB-Kylin Hill
FB-Ron Tiavaasue
DL-Elliot Graham, Kwadwo Boahen
OL-Josh Coker

Remove from roster:

To practice roster-DB Bailey Devine-Scott, WR Cam Echols,DL Justin Sambu
To 1-game-OL Sean McEwen, DB Nick Statz
To 6-game-LB Adam Konar, WR Tyson Middlemost
Released-OL Trevor Tate

ROSTER ANALYSIS: Major changes to the roster. OL line sees Rodeem Brown start at center (McEwen injured). Josh Coker return to RT replacing Tate. Team dressed a second running back, Kyle Hill and a fullback, Ron Tiavaasue.  Those moves bumped Devine-Scott and Echols to the PR.

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

J5V

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 14, 2024, 11:24:14 PMGo Redblacks. Kick them Stamps.
Redblacks should be able to beat the Stamps but I wish Drew wasn't hurt.
Go Bombers!

ichabod_crane

Calgary does not lose at home, but can't win on the road!! :D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 14, 2024, 11:24:14 PMGo Redblacks. Kick them Stamps.

yup!  go OTT!  we really need all the east help we can get keeping the west subdued.

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 14, 2024, 11:47:25 PMCalgary does not lose at home, but can't win on the road!! :D

Let's hope OTT can break that trend!

Masoli back is huge.  I think he'll either light it up or he'll blow another ACL/achilles.  I'll be rooting for him: he's one of my faves and has always gotten the short end of the injury stick.

I think a lot of it will depend on his supporting cast.  If the OTT D and Rs show up, they should be able to beat a meh CGY team.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 15, 2024, 04:54:23 AMyup!  go OTT!  we really need all the east help we can get keeping the west subdued.

Let's hope OTT can break that trend!

Masoli back is huge.  I think he'll either light it up or he'll blow another ACL/achilles.  I'll be rooting for him: he's one of my faves and has always gotten the short end of the injury stick.

I think a lot of it will depend on his supporting cast.  If the OTT D and Rs show up, they should be able to beat a meh CGY team.
When a dirtbag like Marino blew out Masoli's knee the players from BOTH teams should have taught Marino a lesson right there on the field. What a piece of crap.
Go Bombers!

gobombersgo

From the Stamps:

We are actively monitoring air quality conditions in the area.

Kickoff remains set for 7:00 p.m.

Further updates will be provided through our social media channels if required.

Jesse

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 15, 2024, 08:24:05 PMFrom the Stamps:

We are actively monitoring air quality conditions in the area.

Kickoff remains set for 7:00 p.m.

Further updates will be provided through our social media channels if required.

Oh, gosh darn it.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Come on Rod n' Blacks we need a Chumps loss here! :P

They better play on!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

bomb squad

Sorry, didn't see this thread. Mind if I delete the other one Goldmember?