REDBLACKS at Stamps GDT Thurs 8pm CT

Started by gobombersgo, August 14, 2024, 10:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: VictorRomano on August 16, 2024, 04:17:14 PMI'd rather have Tre Ford, tbh, but Brown isn't a bad choice either.
Tre Ford is intriguing for sure but Brown I see as the more consistent pass thrower overall.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on August 16, 2024, 08:33:58 PMHow in the world did Acklin come up with the ball when I thought for sure Demario Houston had it picked?

Luck + skill?  That may have won the game.  Amazing catch.  My son loved it, he said they were both sitting on their butts to make the catch!

It dawned on me after that game that in fantasy if you were to pick an OTT R you should have picked Acklin because he's pretty much the only one Masoli has ever played with before (many years in HAM).  The chemistry between them was obvious.  I'm sorry I didn't think of it ahead of time.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bwiser on August 16, 2024, 02:40:14 PMI wonder if Ottawa has a QB controversy when Brown is ready to return. Maybe Brown might become available.I am sure the Bombers would be interested if Ottawa decides to go with Missoli.

If Masoli wins every game with this panache until Dru returns, they very well may roll with the hot hand.  Dru had bad games, don't forget.  He's still learning: Masoli knows it all.  Why switch to .500-.700 Dru when if you have .800-.900 Masoli?  All depends on the next few weeks.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 16, 2024, 03:13:29 PMI don't think so. Masoli turns 36 in the next week. Brown is the future. Masoli becomes a # 2 QB capable of winning when and as needed. Injury history will be a concern even if it's just a fear of another problem.

And Zach is, what, 35?  So same age as Masoli basically?  I bet Zach starts in '25, and maybe more (maybe not for us?).

If Masoli finally is done with the freak injuries he totally can be a franchise starter.  Yes, more future with Dru, but he could also turn into Jennings: looked great on a great team, struggles with a mediocre team.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 17, 2024, 01:21:03 AMAnd Zach is, what, 35?  So same age as Masoli basically?  I bet Zach starts in '25, and maybe more (maybe not for us?).

If Masoli finally is done with the freak injuries he totally can be a franchise starter.  Yes, more future with Dru, but he could also turn into Jennings: looked great on a great team, struggles with a mediocre team.

Zach is under contract for next season but could absolutely retire at any time.

Masoli and anyone in their upper 30's, isn't done with injuries. They're just getting warmed up. He doesn't say he's going straight into coaching when he's done though!
My wife is amazing!

ichabod_crane

Masoli can be good to great at times, but I NEVER felt he was the top QB in the CFL at any time. Too often he chokes in big moments even when he WAS healthy. So don't make him the second coming now after one game. That is totally foolish. Brown has earned the right to be the starter as he was the winning QB all prior to this last game and had the RedBlacks in second place in the stronger east division this year. No small feat after they have been brutal the past several years. BROWN is the future for Ottawa. Masoli is a great backup if he maintains his play and probably best he is the backup so he can remain healthy with less chances of getting knocked around too much.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on August 17, 2024, 07:25:10 AMMasoli can be good to great at times, but I NEVER felt he was the top QB in the CFL at any time. Too often he chokes in big moments even when he WAS healthy.

I get what you're saying, with age etc.  But in the '21 GC he came in after Dane got hurt in the 1st Q and was a Nichols fingertip away from winning it all with zeroes on the clock.  That's with the whole post-season relegated to #2 unit in practice!  That, plus all his reg season play, is top QB to me.

They could squeeze a few more seasons out of him like we did "washed up" Zach.  Who knows.  I'd be thrilled to have Masoli as our #2 if Strev wasn't here (or heading into the post-season).  OTT has a very strong QB room and they are probably spending less than us!
Never go full Rider!