CFL injuries

Started by Blue In BC, July 22, 2024, 05:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichabod_crane

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ichabod_crane on July 26, 2024, 12:29:10 AMAnd Caleb Evans is better?! :D
nah you're worse by the sounds of it. At least he can function. lol Johnny Bravo
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

This Rider team reminding me of the Argos last year (and we all know what happened to them).
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on July 26, 2024, 12:39:41 AMThis Rider team reminding me of the Argos last year (and we all know what happened to them).
So playoff implosive coming? :D

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 25, 2024, 11:00:18 PMFine is Caleb Evans level.  No reason to even trade.

MBT is intriguing... if he sucks 1 more game and JJ is antsy, they could pull the plug.  He's not their problem, but they seem keen on the optics of "doing something", and trading MBT sure would be "doing something"!

Dukes won't be traded anywhere until Kelly back, and in any event, he's their GC-run insurance.  He won't be traded.  Arbuckle maybe?  But he's a known Franklin/Jennings.

Fine is better than Evans but if Montreal wants to stick with him great, they're going to zero with a bullet!!

J5V

Rider dirtbag DNA shows itself. LOL!
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Alexander would look good in a Blue Bomber Jersey.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 25, 2024, 10:58:01 PMYay (as one of the biggest Masoli fans)!  And I was just mentioning him.  Seems a bit early.

If I'm OTT, I'm putting Masoli in for a series to hopefully show he's still got it, then dangle him as trade-bait in front of MTL.  He's totally superfluous in OTT now: he's on the "pity roster".

But he has to prove he's still got it first!  From MTL's perspective they get a possibly GC-level guy for a very tiny SMS hit.

I think MTL has found their next guy in Alexander... he looked impressive.  Hard no to Masoli
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 26, 2024, 03:32:10 AMI think MTL has found their next guy in Alexander... he looked impressive.  Hard no to Masoli

Ya, easy to say hard no to Masoli now!  MTL has the next Rourke right there, or so it would seem after 1 half...  But who could have seen that coming?  Before tonight no one had ever heard of the guy.

Now it's Cody that better look over his shoulder!!  :D  :D  :D
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Love Wilson but, he has only played in 46 games for the Bomber in the last 5 years. About 9 games per season and back on the 6 game again.   
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: theaardvark on July 26, 2024, 03:32:10 AMI think MTL has found their next guy in Alexander... he looked impressive.  Hard no to Masoli

Yeah where did this guy crawl out of last night? I thought the game was over at halftime for the CRYDERS and then I get back to watching it later in the evening and Montreal leading! Lost my pool pick, but seeing the CRYDERS choke is still nice!! :D The Banjos were playing old sad country songs last night in Riderville! :D ;)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on July 26, 2024, 07:49:41 PMLove Wilson but, he has only played in 46 games for the Bomber in the last 5 years. About 9 games per season and back on the 6 game again.

Ya, it's Ian Wild syndrome.  It might be a function of the position.  So many big hits so often and the body starts falling apart.  Wilson may be the most important piece in our LB corps from a physical standpoint.  He's so good against the run, decent at blitz... it's a real loss when he's out.  Remember the start of '23 when he wasn't in and we really struggled against the run?

However, he's extremely good, so you don't just ditch him.  What's most important is to be grooming the next WILL so when he's out we have good options.  With Cole gone we are extremely limited right now.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Linebackers or strong safeties are really a dime a dozen.  We should be able to fill his position easily. He is a very good CFL LB..

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on July 27, 2024, 01:47:15 PMLinebackers or strong safeties are really a dime a dozen.  We should be able to fill his position easily. He is a very good CFL LB..

Well, the new Jones guy did a pretty good job tonight!  I wonder how he'll score out.  But I wouldn't say they're easy to obtain... we've had a hard time finding high quality WILLs when Wild and Wilson have been injured.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

I guess we'll have to see if Woli and Neufeld will play this week. It's a short week which doesn't help. I think Woli just had his bell rung but he might have hurt his shoulder as well.

Didn't see Neufeld get hurt but that would force an import OL onto the AR probably with Eli starting?
2019 Grey Cup Champions