CFL injuries

Started by Blue In BC, July 22, 2024, 05:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 28, 2024, 01:43:09 PMI guess we'll have to see if Woli and Neufeld will play this week. It's a short week which doesn't help. I think Woli just had his bell rung but he might have hurt his shoulder as well.

Didn't see Neufeld get hurt but that would force an import OL onto the AR probably with Eli starting?
I'm not sure that Neufeld got hurt. I think he was replaced based on his play. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 28, 2024, 03:34:14 PMI'm not sure that Neufeld got hurt. I think he was replaced based on his play.

Ok. Good to know but he may be partially nicked which impacted his play. I don't know but if he's just relegated to a back up, then that doesn't force an import OL onto the roster. If an import is a better choice to start over Eli or Wallace I'd have to question why we didn't do that earlier.

If Woli can't play, I'd expect Whitehead to play in his spot. We need another back up receiver on offence even if Woli can play.

There are 12 back up players on defence and only 4 on offence ( excluding QB's ): Eli, Wallace, Augustine and Case. That's not a good combination.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on July 28, 2024, 03:34:14 PMI'm not sure that Neufeld got hurt. I think he was replaced based on his play.
He was limping around pretty badly out their.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 28, 2024, 04:58:43 PMHe was limping around pretty badly out their.
Fair enough, but he's been doing that for a while now.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

gobombersgo

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 28, 2024, 01:43:09 PMI guess we'll have to see if Woli and Neufeld will play this week. It's a short week which doesn't help. I think Woli just had his bell rung but he might have hurt his shoulder as well.

Didn't see Neufeld get hurt but that would force an import OL onto the AR probably with Eli starting?

With Woli it's hip/lower back.

dd

Ya, Woli got cranked, I felt it from my couch!!! Hope he's ok. He's our Mr Reliable out there and a veteran presence to calm the anxious youth we have in our lineup. If he's out, that means we're down to Demski from our starting recieving corps and he's definitely got ball security issues he needs to cleanup.

theaardvark

Woli got a devastating hit on his lower rib section, so it could be rib, back or hip that was affected, ut it definately hurt him, he's not one to stay down ever.

Wallace and Eli have been doing great in jumbo package, which might even be harder than guard seeing as the range they need to have.  Inside things happen faster, sure, but they are right there.  Wallace is a road grader, seeing him on the sidelines next to others is shocking.  If he can come in at G at any time soon, I think that's OK.

Oline and protection for Zach, and Zach's performance was not the issue.  Ball control was.  And while I hate to whine, this could not have been a more one sided game from the officiating level.  I know the review centre is in Toronto, but they sure seem to be On Toronto's team.

2-6 is not a record to be proud of, but it is not a record to give up on.  lots of teams have come back from worse, and we are 2 games ahead of EDM, and 1 behind CGY.  And playing far better than either. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

BBRT

Quote from: theaardvark on July 28, 2024, 05:39:58 PMWoli got a devastating hit on his lower rib section, so it could be rib, back or hip that was affected, ut it definately hurt him, he's not one to stay down ever.

Wallace and Eli have been doing great in jumbo package, which might even be harder than guard seeing as the range they need to have.  Inside things happen faster, sure, but they are right there.  Wallace is a road grader, seeing him on the sidelines next to others is shocking.  If he can come in at G at any time soon, I think that's OK.

Oline and protection for Zach, and Zach's performance was not the issue.  Ball control was.  And while I hate to whine, this could not have been a more one sided game from the officiating level.  I know the review centre is in Toronto, but they sure seem to be On Toronto's team.

2-6 is not a record to be proud of, but it is not a record to give up on.  lots of teams have come back from worse, and we are 2 games ahead of EDM, and 1 behind CGY.  And playing far better than either.

I agree with your comments on Wallace - I think he should be starting sooner than later.

dd

Wallace definitely has the size, he's a monster. I'd love to see him in our lineup knocking heads with the opposing D line. Conversely, I think Dobson is too small and slow to be effective inside. I 'd swap one out for the other.

Jesse

When DT asked MOS post-game if Neufeld was injured or pulled for performance, MOS did not answer. Just said, "we'll see".
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Does he have a contract for next year?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on July 28, 2024, 06:42:39 PMWhen DT asked MOS post-game if Neufeld was injured or pulled for performance, MOS did not answer. Just said, "we'll see".

Holy smokes you guys... rumors start about Neuf and all of a sudden the daggers are out?  2 weeks ago everyone would have sworn Neufeld was our 2nd best OL after Big Stan!!  Dobson, Lofton and even Ko-man were the punching bags.

I haven't studied the TOR game yet (will do soon) to see if Neuf was stinking the joint out... but even if he was, maybe he's nicked, maybe he had just one bad day.  So why is everyone turning on our best, all-star, NAT OL?  Crazy talk.

MOS saying "we'll see" is just MOS being MOS.  That's his "I'm not telling you anything" and "I have no idea about injuries until mid-week and I won't tell you then anyhow" schtick.  That's been him literally forever.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 28, 2024, 05:39:58 PMWoli got a devastating hit on his lower rib section, so it could be rib, back or hip that was affected, ut it definately hurt him, he's not one to stay down ever.

Quote from: dd on July 28, 2024, 05:34:17 PMIf he's out, that means we're down to Demski from our starting recieving corps and he's definitely got ball security issues he needs to cleanup.

Yup, my hunch is rib/lung because that's where he took a huge direct helmet hit.  Don't forget he came back in to tough our a few snaps.  He tried his best and probably updated the trainers on the pain situation and they pulled him.

But ya, could be any of the injuries you said.  Or even the infamous Collaros "thorax".

Question for those having lived it: how long would each of these injuries take to heal?

Can you guys/gals believe that out of our 5 desired week 1 starting receivers we're now down to just 1 starting in week 9??  Has this ever happened to any team ever?  The fact we're still in the fight is actually quite astounding.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 29, 2024, 08:21:56 AMHoly smokes you guys... rumors start about Neuf and all of a sudden the daggers are out?  2 weeks ago everyone would have sworn Neufeld was our 2nd best OL after Big Stan!!  Dobson, Lofton and even Ko-man were the punching bags.

I haven't studied the TOR game yet (will do soon) to see if Neuf was stinking the joint out... but even if he was, maybe he's nicked, maybe he had just one bad day.  So why is everyone turning on our best, all-star, NAT OL?  Crazy talk.

MOS saying "we'll see" is just MOS being MOS.  That's his "I'm not telling you anything" and "I have no idea about injuries until mid-week and I won't tell you then anyhow" schtick.  That's been him literally forever.

Just relaying information. I didn't even know Neufeld was out until I heard DT ask the question.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 29, 2024, 08:21:56 AMHoly smokes you guys... rumors start about Neuf and all of a sudden the daggers are out?  2 weeks ago everyone would have sworn Neufeld was our 2nd best OL after Big Stan!!  Dobson, Lofton and even Ko-man were the punching bags.

Dobson has been our best offensive lineman since about game 3. Stanley is still reliable and playing remarkably when you factor in his age. Unfortunately we don't get extra points for players playing longer than they should at an adequate level. The right side of the line has been in tough all year. Lofton has always been a pass protector mainly and Neufeld has really regressed. Kolankowski is probably playing about as good as he usually does but unfortunately when he's not surrounded by all-star play he's exposed.

Next year we'll probably have a completely rebuilt line.