CFL injuries

Started by Blue In BC, July 22, 2024, 05:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

Quote from: ichabod_crane on July 24, 2024, 05:05:18 PMhttps://www.tsn.ca/cfl/alouettes-place-qb-cody-fajardo-on-six-game-injured-list-ahead-of-roughriders-meeting-1.2152584

Caleb Evans the starter now. Montreal could be in a world of hurt for a while unless their defence can carry them!! OTTAWA rockets up to the top of the heap maybe now in the East! ;)
I don't think Ottawa will rise to the east but Hamilton made a statement last week in beating the Argos soundly, maybe they've got things figured out there. One thing for sure, if fajardo is out, Alouettes go to zero with a bullet as Caleb Evans totally sucks as a Qb

ichabod_crane

Quote from: dd on July 25, 2024, 01:26:11 AMI don't think Ottawa will rise to the east but Hamilton made a statement last week in beating the Argos soundly, maybe they've got things figured out there. One thing for sure, if fajardo is out, Alouettes go to zero with a bullet as Caleb Evans totally sucks as a Qb

Not sold on Ti-Cats yet. Get another good win and maybe I will change my mind.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on July 24, 2024, 05:05:18 PMCaleb Evans the starter now. Montreal could be in a world of hurt for a while unless their defence can carry them!! OTTAWA rockets up to the top of the heap maybe now in the East! ;)

SSK really lucked out with Cody staying out, as does HAM next week and week 10 and then SSK again!  MTL will still be tough with that D (is Dequoy still out?), but their O will be like SSK's and ours... anemic.

MTL might go QB shopping?  Do they have any pieces we need?  Strev would be a good fit there and the price is right for them... could we ask for 2 monster ELC-ish guys for our DL and/or Ento or Dequoy?  Yes, that would mean we put ALL of our eggs in the Zach basket and he has to stay healthy.  But without a huge gamble like that, will we win much and make the GC??  (Strevie will hate us for it, too...)

What other QBs are out there for MTL?  Dukes won't be useful until after week 9.  Who is good enough to give them .500 until Cody returns?  When does Masoli come back in OTT: he'd be good in MTL.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 25, 2024, 06:45:27 AMSSK really lucked out with Cody staying out, as does HAM next week and week 10 and then SSK again!  MTL will still be tough with that D (is Dequoy still out?), but their O will be like SSK's and ours... anemic.

MTL might go QB shopping?  Do they have any pieces we need?  Strev would be a good fit there and the price is right for them... could we ask for 2 monster ELC-ish guys for our DL and/or Ento or Dequoy?  Yes, that would mean we put ALL of our eggs in the Zach basket and he has to stay healthy.  But without a huge gamble like that, will we win much and make the GC??  (Strevie will hate us for it, too...)

What other QBs are out there for MTL?  Dukes won't be useful until after week 9.  Who is good enough to give them .500 until Cody returns?  When does Masoli come back in OTT: he'd be good in MTL.

That's just nuts.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Too bad about Fajardo - CFL is better when he is playing.  Evans is a pretty big slide unless Maas has some magic up his sleeve.

DM83

Montreal could rely on their Defence.
Sask QB was a pretty good college guy. He may amount to something.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 25, 2024, 06:45:27 AMSSK really lucked out with Cody staying out, as does HAM next week and week 10 and then SSK again!  MTL will still be tough with that D (is Dequoy still out?), but their O will be like SSK's and ours... anemic.

A: Strevie is a great SY / #2 / emergency guy.  But no one is even trading a Daquoy straight up for him, never mind Daquoy +.

B: Cody may not return, hamstrings are bad when they are minor, terrible when they are full. 

c: If you are proposing a trade, and you think Strevie has that much value, then the more obvious trade is for Collaros.  But no one makes that trade, from either side.  Not at the present moment.

If MTL wants to trade, MBT might be available, one of Arbuckle or Dukes, even a Patterson would all be in front of Strevie on teh want list.

More likely, they pick up a Mason Fine, or a USFL QB...   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ichabod_crane

Fajardo put on to the 6 game IR! Montreal magic could be going down the tubes.

Pigskin

Masoli back on Ottawa's AR.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on July 25, 2024, 08:38:09 PMMasoli back on Ottawa's AR.

Wish him best but I have my doubts...
My wife is amazing!

dd

Good on him to rehab and get back into it...but still....hope he has a better run this time around.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on July 25, 2024, 08:38:09 PMMasoli back on Ottawa's AR.

Yay (as one of the biggest Masoli fans)!  And I was just mentioning him.  Seems a bit early.

If I'm OTT, I'm putting Masoli in for a series to hopefully show he's still got it, then dangle him as trade-bait in front of MTL.  He's totally superfluous in OTT now: he's on the "pity roster".

But he has to prove he's still got it first!  From MTL's perspective they get a possibly GC-level guy for a very tiny SMS hit.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 25, 2024, 03:18:11 PMIf MTL wants to trade, MBT might be available, one of Arbuckle or Dukes, even a Patterson would all be in front of Strevie on teh want list.

More likely, they pick up a Mason Fine, or a USFL QB...

Fine is Caleb Evans level.  No reason to even trade.

MBT is intriguing... if he sucks 1 more game and JJ is antsy, they could pull the plug.  He's not their problem, but they seem keen on the optics of "doing something", and trading MBT sure would be "doing something"!

Dukes won't be traded anywhere until Kelly back, and in any event, he's their GC-run insurance.  He won't be traded.  Arbuckle maybe?  But he's a known Franklin/Jennings.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

What ever happened to Taylor Cornelius? The man from the original Planet of the Apes!  :D

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ichabod_crane on July 26, 2024, 12:14:31 AMWhat ever happened to Taylor Cornelius? The man from the original Planet of the Apes!  :D
Are you drinking tonight? :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!