Week 7 - Other Games: EDM@OTT TOR@HAM BC@CGY

Started by TecnoGenius, July 19, 2024, 11:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 20, 2024, 04:50:56 AMWait until the elks play their next home game and MBT lays another egg. Their fans will boo him out of the stadium and Ford will get the call to take over their hopeless offense.

Ford is no better.  The only difference is he has no arm, and he'll run forward for 10 every few plays instead of taking a sack.  Won't result in any more points.

MBT has the ability to be pretty good.  Good enough to reach a GC!  He has no OL in EDM, and many players have checked out.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Whiny MBT makes me laugh!
NFL does this scheduling often as well.
Maybe he can retire and not worry about it all then?
He is not even a good player! lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TBURGESS

Elks play calling was absolutely horrible. 

Putting Tre Ford in for a few plays was stupid. Should have brought him in on every 2nd and short to force Ott to count him as an RB and a QB. 

2 bad teams, but Ott is just a little less bad. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

ichabod_crane

Ottawa trending up with dru brown. Not even close to elks bad. That is a circus sideshow already!

theaardvark

Dru was OK this game, but nothing spectacular, definitely not "the next coming" in any way.  Opponents are picking up on his tells now, and he's getting picked.  He does have a fast release, and a decent arm, but he seems predictable.  At least that's the feeling I am getting.

Patterson looked far better than Dru.  "Wisdom beyond his years" and praise of his college pedigree of coaches seemed to be the commentators mantra all game.  Sask will have an easier decision next year Harris/Patterson than we did with Collaros/Brown.   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on July 20, 2024, 04:50:56 AMWait until the elks play their next home game and MBT lays another egg. Their fans will boo him out of the stadium and Ford will get the call to take over their hopeless offense.

Not blaming MBT for their current state and Ford is not the answer, if the Bombers had MBT right now he would not be underthrowing receivers in the endzone. I'd make that trade if it was on the table.

Jesse

Quote from: ichabod_crane on July 20, 2024, 04:35:01 PMOttawa trending up with dru brown. Not even close to elks bad. That is a circus sideshow already!

Ottawa has yet to beat a team that has won a game.

Maybe they're the best of the worst?
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 20, 2024, 05:12:10 PMNot blaming MBT for their current state and Ford is not the answer, if the Bombers had MBT right now he would not be underthrowing receivers in the endzone. I'd make that trade if it was on the table.
So would I!!

I m thinking whatever fans are left in Edmonton are going to want a win next home game, and if not, MBT will bear the brunt of their pent up frustration.

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on July 20, 2024, 05:51:18 PMSo would I!!

I m thinking whatever fans are left in Edmonton are going to want a win next home game, and if not, MBT will bear the brunt of their pent up frustration.

Why would the Elks trade for Collaros with his current contract. It's always interesting that some think someone is playing badly but might be a trade commodity.

MBT is a turnover machine. He has always been that. Strong arm sure. Great QB not so much.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

dd

Quote from: Blueforlife on July 20, 2024, 11:43:01 PMLeggs been very good this year
Yes, He's been the only bright spot on Hamilton's 0-5 roster

Blue In BC

Argos suck!!! So did the TiCats but the forced 2 turnovers that led to 14 points.

Janarion Grant. Yikes!!  IIRC that's 3 games in a row with a kick return TD. Unfortunately the bobble on the next punt cost them 10 - 20 yards or more depending on fielding and return.

IDK. Not really impressed with Dukes but he's slippery in the back field and a solid runner. We're not good against those kinds of QB's. If he gets too much time to throw, he can beat us.

The next question is the 3 injuries Argos had and whether any of the 3 will be able to play next week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 20, 2024, 05:12:10 PMNot blaming MBT for their current state and Ford is not the answer, if the Bombers had MBT right now he would not be underthrowing receivers in the endzone. I'd make that trade if it was on the table.

That take is crazier than MBT is!

MBT has a good arm and fast release, but he's wildly inconsistent.  If he had any consistency he'd be a great QB.  But he's not, so he's just "good".

Yes, MBT is not EDM's main problem.  Yes, Ford would probably do worse.

I think MBT would do ok here (he'd FIFO for sure), but not better than Zach.  Our problems are similar to EDM: OL weaker, WRs not doing so well.  Zach would do much better if we had Desjar, Couture & Yoshi still, and all our desired starting WRs off the IR.

And on the flipside, Zach would suck super hard rocks in EDM, as their OL situation is even worse than ours, and they have no decent RB to relieve the pressure.
Never go full Rider!