Will Kelly play again?

Started by TecnoGenius, May 08, 2024, 07:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Chad Kelly will ever play a live snap in the CFL again?

Yes
21 (77.8%)
No
6 (22.2%)
No guess
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: May 13, 2024, 07:49:06 AM

The Zipp

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 17, 2024, 04:38:07 PMJust the opposite I think. The league suspended him for at least 9 games. An out of court settlement happened. He failed his evaluation to show at least some cause to take additional action.

He had a history of misconduct in the NFL.

Do we need more proof that he has issues that cannot be accepted?

No we do not...send him packing and show all existing fans, CFL employees and players/coaches that we expect and demand a respectful workplace.  End of story

Lincoln Locomotive

Just not a fan of Kelly as a leader.....can he QB?  No question about his abilities but at what cost do you take him on?  I'm quite disillusioned with the Argos organization, Pinball and Kelly.    We have superior role models like Zach, Nathan, Trevor, Cody and Jeremiah.....Kelly is like a fly in the ointment!   
There is something off when it comes to Kelly's character both on and off the field....is he autistic?  That would explain a lot however the end results don't change what happened here....and will it continue should he be reinstated?
Bomber fan for life

bomb squad

I think Kelly needs to do a live interview. He's losing in the court of public opinion and that's going sink him.

dd

Quote from: bomb squad on August 17, 2024, 06:16:29 PMI think Kelly needs to do a live interview. He's losing in the court of public opinion and that's going sink him.
Kelly does a live interview it will seal the deal, he is one creepy weird dude !!!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on August 17, 2024, 07:21:28 PMKelly does a live interview it will seal the deal, he is one creepy weird dude !!!

I saw an interview with him about a year ago and he came off quite balanced.  I'll see if I can find a link.

theaardvark

From Pinball's standpoint, he can't really cut Kelly, regardless the decision from the league.

He can't hang that $SMS load on the team, cutting him means having to pay him...

If the league suspends him permanently, Pinball is off the hook.

Of they ban him, he's gone.  If they don't, Pinball is forced to play him.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TBURGESS

Without going into anything that Kelly has done, Here's how I can see the meetings...

CFLHO: Mr Kelly you have to do A B & C to be re-instated. 
Kelly: Ok
Kelly goes and does what he's been told to do then comes back. 

CFLHO: Good morning Mr Kelly. Sign this and you will be re-instated.
Kelly hands it to his handler.
Handler: What are these new clauses that eliminate Mr Kelly's CFLPA rights?
CFLHO: Don't worry about them, just sign. 
Handler to Kelly: Understand that signing this means you are no longer protected by the CFL CBA.
Kelly: What does that mean?
Handler: Anything they want it to.
Kelly: Should I sign it?
Handler: I wouldn't. 

It's a greasy negotiation tactic. It's like agreeing to buy or sell a house then adding additional clauses at signing time to change the terms of the agreement.  

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Waffler

Not greasy at all. The league does not want to be embarrassed again, that's what the clause is about. One more "mistake" and he can be gone. The other option (not signing) is another dragged out scandal like we've been talking about for 8 months.  Kelly is lucky he got this far. He should sign and just behave. Simplest solution.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on August 17, 2024, 08:31:37 PMFrom Pinball's standpoint, he can't really cut Kelly, regardless the decision from the league.

He can't hang that $SMS load on the team, cutting him means having to pay him...

If the league suspends him permanently, Pinball is off the hook.

Of they ban him, he's gone.  If they don't, Pinball is forced to play him.

Kelly is not a long time veteran. He can be cut at any time. Argos are already on the hook for the advance payment regardless of the outcome.

If the league bans him there might be some legal grounds to sue Kelly for the return of that payment. Doing it, proving it and winning that action could be very difficult once he leaves the country.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

The Zipp

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 17, 2024, 08:42:59 PMWithout going into anything that Kelly has done, Here's how I can see the meetings...

Handler to Kelly: Understand that signing this means you are no longer protected by the CFL CBA.

It's a greasy negotiation tactic. It's like agreeing to buy or sell a house then adding additional clauses at signing time to change the terms of the agreement. 

You are correct - you weren't in the room so you are guessing and making inferences that may be wrong.  Maybe Chad didn't fully do what he was supposed to and as an olive branch offered him this option and he is refusing to acknowledge he didn't meet criteria.  We just don't know...you know my thoughts - cut him loose and stop tarnishing the league.  "Protect the Shield" as they say for the NFL.

Jesse

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 17, 2024, 08:42:59 PMWithout going into anything that Kelly has done, Here's how I can see the meetings...

Except they're not negotiating. They're are listing the conditions in which they'll allow him to play. He doesn't have to sign and no one other than himself got him into this situation.
My wife is amazing!

TBURGESS

Quote from: Jesse on August 17, 2024, 09:51:18 PMExcept they're not negotiating. They're are listing the conditions in which they'll allow him to play. He doesn't have to sign and no one other than himself got him into this situation.
Then they should have told him about the new rules before the meeting. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 18, 2024, 12:03:53 AMThen they should have told him about the new rules before the meeting.
you are as amazing as always. ::)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: TBURGESS on August 18, 2024, 12:03:53 AMThen they should have told him about the new rules before the meeting.

It only became necessary and relevant once he completed his suspension and followed the process correctly.
My wife is amazing!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: The Zipp on August 17, 2024, 05:11:27 PMNo we do not...send him packing and show all existing fans, CFL employees and players/coaches that we expect and demand a respectful workplace.  End of story

You obviously don't know most company HR policies. For certain he would get reprimanded and maybe given the boot if across the line badly, but if he completes his punishment successfully, usually you can keep your job. Just maybe have to steer clear of the person you had issues with or continue ongoing counselling to convince HR you are "cured"! It is quite surprising how much nonsense idiots can get away with often as HR are pushovers normally. Afraid of lawsuits and the like.

I've worked with many loose cannons in the past. Their behaviour ALWAYS catches up to them eventually if they don't reform or recognize their idiocy....Keep on being an a-hole and you garner no friends or sympathy from anyone at your workplace. I actually told a few off in my time as total A-HOLES!! ;)  GOOD RIDDANCE! :) NOBODY ever misses them no matter what their talents were if they only disrupt office morale.