Will Kelly play again?

Started by TecnoGenius, May 08, 2024, 07:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Chad Kelly will ever play a live snap in the CFL again?

Yes
21 (77.8%)
No
6 (22.2%)
No guess
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: May 13, 2024, 07:49:06 AM

Jesse

I expect Kelly to be reinstated in fairly short order.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

He's still on the roster... but no announcement from the league... with this week being a bye, have they delayed the announcement until next week?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gobombersgo

Quote from: theaardvark on August 15, 2024, 06:50:44 PMHe's still on the roster... but no announcement from the league... with this week being a bye, have they delayed the announcement until next week?

From Farhan:

Chad Kelly is expected to meet with @CFL commissioner Randy Ambrose Friday morning. Following that I don't think it will be long before we hear the next steps. #Argos next practice is on Sunday.

Blue In BC

It's a short week for the Argos who play again on the 22nd. If Kelly gets approval he might be allowed to practice but I can't see him starting in that short a time frame.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bomb squad

If he gets approved tomorrow, I think he will start on the 22nd.

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2024, 07:52:47 PMIt's a short week for the Argos who play again on the 22nd. If Kelly gets approval he might be allowed to practice but I can't see him starting in that short a time frame.

Why not?? We ve seen dukes and arbuckle in action and they are hopeless. Even if he goes with a short playbook, he starts. Remember the grey cup when he came off the bench cold and beat us?? Same thing here

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 15, 2024, 07:52:47 PMIt's a short week for the Argos who play again on the 22nd. If Kelly gets approval he might be allowed to practice but I can't see him starting in that short a time frame.

Quote from: bomb squad on August 15, 2024, 08:36:04 PMIf he gets approved tomorrow, I think he will start on the 22nd.

Ya, if he's able, Kelly will start the very next game.  Proof?  Rourke who has been out of the CFL 1.5 years is starting just a couple of days after signing!  The top-shelf QBs can just fly in and play the next day.  Besides, it's a sure thing Kelly has been following along with the playbook and film, etc.
Never go full Rider!

DCM

@TSNDaveNaylor
Chad Kelly's meeting with @CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie Friday did not produce a resolution to his seeking reinstatement. The league seeks to impose a "last chance agreement" as a condition of Kelly's return which his representative insists deprives him of rights under the CBA. Stay tuned.#CFL
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

The Zipp

From naylor:

Chad Kelly's meeting with @CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie Friday did not produce a resolution to his seeking reinstatement. The league seeks to impose a "last chance agreement" as a condition of Kelly's return which his representative insists deprives him of rights under the CBA. Stay tuned.#CFL 

Jesse

Wooooooooooooooow.

This is pretty shocking. Do we think Kelly didn't meet some conditions or that the CFL is expecting backlash from reinstating him so are adding something else to the conditions?
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on August 16, 2024, 10:16:11 PMWooooooooooooooow.

This is pretty shocking. Do we think Kelly didn't meet some conditions or that the CFL is expecting backlash from reinstating him so are adding something else to the conditions?

Makes you wonder...was his arrogance in the whole thing sending off warning bells ??

Is this last chance thing a blindside to Kelly and his lawyers? 

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on August 16, 2024, 10:19:02 PMMakes you wonder...was his arrogance in the whole thing sending off warning bells ??

I did hear (from Naylor maybe?) that they'd be looking at Kelly's behaviour during this whole period, which would include his social media. And he's said a few things that had to be immediately deleted.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: The Zipp on August 16, 2024, 10:19:02 PMMakes you wonder...was his arrogance in the whole thing sending off warning bells ??

I think more of a lifeline than a blindside.

Sounds like his "rehab" didn't go to plan.

Manzeil 2.0

Not going to end well, VA should be shopping for apartments in Toronto.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on August 16, 2024, 10:24:29 PMI think more of a lifeline than a blindside.

Sounds like his "rehab" didn't go to plan.

Manzeil 2.0

Not going to end well, VA should be shopping for apartments in Toronto.

Sask might be in the market next year too
My wife is amazing!

J5V

When this Kelly thing first went down I looked into his history a bit. Without getting into specifics he has a history of somewhat bizarre behaviour that has lead to a lot of clubs, here and down South, passing on him even though he clearly has some athletic QB attributes. The league may be considering him more of a liability than they're willing to accept.
Go Bombers!