Any word on M Couture or B Alexander

Started by Tiger, August 30, 2022, 02:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBOMBER

Would be nice to see Alexander back but only if he is totally healthy. Hallett has stepped in nicely for him and is showing improvements every game. The interaction today sealed the game for us.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on September 05, 2022, 02:07:20 AM
Would be nice to see Alexander back but only if he is totally healthy. Hallett has stepped in nicely for him and is showing improvements every game. The interaction today sealed the game for us.

I didn't notice Thompson out there, did he play at all?

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 05, 2022, 03:36:58 PM
I didn't notice Thompson out there, did he play at all?

He was on ST's a few times. Didn't see him on defence at all. Getting into game shape and eased in probably. Hallett is playing well so no need to rush him back as a starter. The question is will Alexander be ready next week and who starts of the 3 safeties?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

BA37 will probably go though the same process. Teams for the first game or two. There a big difference between game speed and practice.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

With the number of achilles tendon issues, is there no added orotection available? Seems to me its costing a lot of atheletes careers

theaardvark

Quote from: Pete on September 05, 2022, 06:25:21 PM
With the number of achilles tendon issues, is there no added orotection available? Seems to me its costing a lot of atheletes careers

There are lots of support and protection devices for any body part, but as you protect, you reduce mobility.  Oline have knee braces and spats, but they aren't trying to make cuts or go fast. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

There has to come a point where the tradeoff is worth it...it may be just getiing used to it. In hockey they were getting broken foot bones and teams made it mandatory for skate guards. Especially for linebackers

DM83

There is no such thing as an Achilles protection pad, as far as I know stretching reduces the severity of the dynamics of the action, but if is in a compromising position it apparently just snaps.

bwiser

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 05, 2022, 06:17:33 PM
He was on ST's a few times. Didn't see him on defence at all. Getting into game shape and eased in probably. Hallett is playing well so no need to rush him back as a starter. The question is will Alexander be ready next week and who starts of the 3 safeties?
I think that the Bombers could put Alexander in as another position other than safety. Parker is inexperienced and could be the odd man out.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: bwiser on September 07, 2022, 02:28:24 PM
I think that the Bombers could put Alexander in as another position other than safety. Parker is inexperienced and could be the odd man out.

Actually Holm could be the odd-man out. Parker played well last game, from what I've heard.

LXTSN

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 07, 2022, 02:32:03 PM
Actually Holm could be the odd-man out. Parker played well last game, from what I've heard.
I would take Holm out before Parker. I think Parker has game, but I'd like to see him play up a little closer to the line of scrimmage. Seemed to get burned by Moore quite a bit on underneath routes, but he did make really quick tackles in the last 2 games.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: DM83 on September 06, 2022, 12:14:18 AM
There is no such thing as an Achilles protection pad, as far as I know stretching reduces the severity of the dynamics of the action, but if is in a compromising position it apparently just snaps.
After reading through several medical journals about various sports injuries it's apparent that the Achilles' tendon is the strongest tendon in the human body and subsequently gets the most wear and tear of any tendon as well.   Today's athletes have tremendously strong musculatures and exert enormous pressure on it on a continual basis.   Apparently the repetitive stresses can accumulate with the type of extreme exertion until the tendon can be weakened to the point of snapping.    It's also a difficult injury to fully recover from as well and thus has ended many a sports career.    
Bomber fan for life

northof30

bwiser

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 07, 2022, 02:32:03 PM
I think that Parker has held his own as well but he has the least experience of any player in the secondary. Holm did a good job on returns but I think Grant will be back soon and will resume his position.

Jesse

Quote from: northof30 on September 07, 2022, 05:28:17 PM
Is Ellingson out for the season?

He's on the 6-game, so seemingly out for the regular season.

We'll see if he starts paracticing in time for play-offs.
My wife is amazing!