Any word on M Couture or B Alexander

Started by Tiger, August 30, 2022, 02:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

I have not heard anything lately.  Will they be back this season?
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

Pigskin

Why would Couture not be back this year?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on August 30, 2022, 03:11:11 AM
Why would Couture not be back this year?

Since we?re told nothing, and he hasn?t started practicing, it?s as likely as it is not.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

I have less of an idea what's going on with injuries this season than in any previous one!  And that's saying something.  The team is totally opaque on injuries.  We have no clue what's going on.

Kind of sad for us, but it's part of MOS' winning ways.  Don't give away anything to the enemy.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Both of these players injuries have been well documented. Couture broke a bone in his arm and is out of his cast and in a soft brace. According to Doug Brown he could be back real soon. There have been a number of reports about BA37, and his injury and recovery. Last report I heard BA37 is working out. How close is he to returning to the lineup???
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DM83

Geez give these guys a break, no pun intended.  Knee injuries are rediculously individually when healing. Soft tissue injuries don't seem that significant, but again, guys heal at different speeds.

I want them back also, but football is a crazy brutal game. I mean why do you think golf is so popular?

blueandgoldguy

Before the beginning of the season, it was reported that Brandon Alexander would miss half the season.  I guess those reports were overly optimistic as we are over halfway through the season and there is still no word as to when he will return.  Disappointing as I really wanted to see him back for the back-to-back vs. the Riders.  Hopefully it's no more than a couple weeks from now.

Couture was originally thought to be out for 6 weeks, but it's been 10 weeks I think.  He might not be back until after the second bye so we will probably be missing him for the next 3 games.  Again, that's another one I would like to have back this week against a tough Rider front-7.

theaardvark

We are 10-1, and might add Couture and Dejarlais to our Oline for the playoffs? 

Yikes
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on August 31, 2022, 05:18:17 PM
Alexander, and Couture in full pads!

Good to hear. Other injuries might suggest they get activated as emergency back ups. They won't be in game shape for awhile.

Every week it's a question about who is coming off of IR and who is going on. Lots of injuries in 2022.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2022, 05:21:40 PM
Good to hear. Other injuries might suggest they get activated as emergency back ups. They won't be in game shape for awhile.

Every week it's a question about who is coming off of IR and who is going on. Lots of injuries in 2022.
I disagree. I think with players like Couture and Alexander, you are only playing them if they are ready to play. We are 10-1 so I don't think they should be willing to risk coming back to early to back up another position. They come back only to start and only when they are 100%.

NewBlue

This is great news, just sucks its unlikely they dress for Sunday!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: NewBlue on August 31, 2022, 05:29:29 PM
This is great news, just sucks its unlikely they dress for Sunday!

Perhaps back for the Banjo Bowl, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.