Any word on M Couture or B Alexander

Started by Tiger, August 30, 2022, 02:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on August 31, 2022, 08:40:09 PM
My answer to these would be: If they aren't ready to start I'd have Holm or Dobson sub in rather than throw Alexander or Couture in there.
Risk to reward is just not worth it. Let them rest one more week and focus on the next one where they would start.

Do you pay any attention to daily IR reports before each game. Today's shows Neufeld, Jeffcoat, Bighill, Miller and Clements as " DNP " or " Limited ". Do you really expect most of those players to not play this week?

Couture is listed as " full " but even that is no guarantee he gets added this week or starts if he gets added. Kramdi and Thompson also shown as " full ".

Definition of healthy is a broad statement. Generally it means as not likely going to further cause damage but not necessarily be 100%.

Like I said Miller has been " DNP " for most of the season and he plays every game. Neufeld has been dealing with an arm injury for weeks and wears a brace.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on August 31, 2022, 09:27:14 PM
I will correct myself.

If my math is correct, Alexander have completed his 2nd 6-gamer. So he will be either at 1-gamer or might be in the line-up.

Couture started his 2nd 6-gamer on Aug3 so he still need a few weeks. But if he is practicing now, maybe they are pulling him early?

We've only played 11 games so he hasn't completed his 2nd stint. However there was a rule about players extended on the 6 game IR coming off early and not counting against SMS. It's less than the full 6 but more than 4 I think.

Couture practised as " full " today and he's missed 9 games. That might mean he can practise this week but is not eligible to come off without an SMS hit.

There was nothing about Alexander on the daily IR report but we heard he was in pads?

It's never been clear about the extensions and SMS.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tiger

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2022, 09:40:14 PM
We've only played 11 games so he hasn't completed his 2nd stint. However there was a rule about players extended on the 6 game IR coming off early and not counting against SMS. It's less than the full 6 but more than 4 I think.

Couture practised as " full " today and he's missed 9 games. That might mean he can practise this week but is not eligible to come off without an SMS hit.

There was nothing about Alexander on the daily IR report but we heard he was in pads?

It's never been clear about the extensions and SMS.

So the bye week doesn't count, I guess.

pjrocksmb

When our aces comes back nobody can touch us

M.O.A.B.

Couture is activated replacing Machino. Holm on active as well.

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2022, 09:33:54 PM
Do you pay any attention to daily IR reports before each game. Today's shows Neufeld, Jeffcoat, Bighill, Miller and Clements as " DNP " or " Limited ". Do you really expect most of those players to not play this week?

Couture is listed as " full " but even that is no guarantee he gets added this week or starts if he gets added. Kramdi and Thompson also shown as " full ".

Definition of healthy is a broad statement. Generally it means as not likely going to further cause damage but not necessarily be 100%.

Like I said Miller has been " DNP " for most of the season and he plays every game. Neufeld has been dealing with an arm injury for weeks and wears a brace.

Of course not. They don't mean a thing.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on August 31, 2022, 11:14:12 PM
Of course not. They don't mean a thing.

They indicate many players are at less than 100% but will still start games. So it means something.

Couture and Holm added to active roster. That answers the question about whether Alexander is back this week ( he's not ).  Those were pretty conclusive quick decisions.

Now we'll see if Couture starts immediately.

Still might see some back ups make the game day roster: O'Leary-Orange, Hallett and Kramdi for example. Wouldn't mind seeing Thompson come back early but wasn't really expecting that yet.

Todays changes took 3 players off the AR but only added 2. More to follow I suppose.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 01, 2022, 12:07:26 AM
They indicate many players are at less than 100% but will still start games. So it means something.

Couture and Holm added to active roster. That answers the question about whether Alexander is back this week ( he's not ).  Those were pretty conclusive quick decisions.

Now we'll see if Couture starts immediately.

Still might see some back ups make the game day roster: O'Leary-Orange, Hallett and Kramdi for example. Wouldn't mind seeing Thompson come back early but wasn't really expecting that yet.

Todays changes took 3 players off the AR but only added 2. More to follow I suppose.

Every player is less than 100%

vets can get away with not practicing. Ellingson has practiced and not played. Demski has not practiced and played.

The only thing it means is the CFL forces them to put something out.
My wife is amazing!

LXTSN

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 31, 2022, 09:33:54 PM

Are you expecting any of these players to play a back up role?
My point is mainly for Alexander. When he is ready and confident in his leg, he will start. It's more of a mindset issue than anything. No point in having him 80% and in a backup role where he might play. I'd rather put bench players in that role than throwing Alexander in before he knows he's ready

Blue In BC

Quote from: LXTSN on September 01, 2022, 04:12:22 PM
My point is mainly for Alexander. When he is ready and confident in his leg, he will start. It's more of a mindset issue than anything. No point in having him 80% and in a backup role where he might play. I'd rather put bench players in that role than throwing Alexander in before he knows he's ready

No I don't expect any of those players to be playing a back up role.

That's not the same as a player that has not played a game since last December. Playing nursing various nicks and bruises during the season is expected.

You can't expect a player that is necessarily healthy to be as game ready and could / should be eased back into a starting role. One because he's recovering from a very serious injury rather than the bumps and bruises most players experience during the season.

Two because as I've said game conditioning readiness rather than healthy are different situations.  You already mentioned mindset. That isn't something that will be 100% the moment he's healthy which is my point.

Players always think they are completely ready to play. A player could almost be on crutches on the sidelines telling the coaches to put him in. That's an exaggeration but it's also not far from the truth.

Anyway. We agree to disagree I wouldn't rule out either situation of him being a back up in his 1st game in 2022 or being made the starter.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: LXTSN on September 01, 2022, 04:12:22 PM

I expect them both to be in backup roles to start the game if there playing. Practice speed and game speeeeeed are to different things. Giving Couture some playing time each quarter. BA37 will probably play teams for the first game he is back. Maybe a few plays on D if required.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bwiser

Its great to see Couture likely returning to the lineup this week and Alexander likely back for the Banjo Bowl. If the Bombers can get Desjarlais back and Ellingson back in the lineup soon the Bombers are going to be really tough to beat.

TBURGESS

@Ted_Wyman Don?t see Brandon Alexander on the field today with #Bombers after he returned to practice yesterday. Has been out all season and is working his way back.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 01, 2022, 04:23:39 PM
No I don't expect any of those players to be playing a back up role.

That's not the same as a player that has not played a game since last December. Playing nursing various nicks and bruises during the season is expected.

You can't expect a player that is necessarily healthy to be as game ready and could / should be eased back into a starting role. One because he's recovering from a very serious injury rather than the bumps and bruises most players experience during the season.

Two because as I've said game conditioning readiness rather than healthy are different situations.  You already mentioned mindset. That isn't something that will be 100% the moment he's healthy which is my point.

Players always think they are completely ready to play. A player could almost be on crutches on the sidelines telling the coaches to put him in. That's an exaggeration but it's also not far from the truth.

Anyway. We agree to disagree I wouldn't rule out either situation of him being a back up in his 1st game in 2022 or being made the starter.
Makes good sense to ease these guys in as game shape and rust are huge factors.   
Bomber fan for life