The Chris Streveler Watch

Started by M.O.A.B., May 18, 2022, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

No wonder those guys come to Canada after the PR time is finished,...gotta earn some cash somehow.

Ridermania

Has Streveler stayed on the active roster and reached amount of games played for his NFL pension?

Thanks

the paw

Quote from: Ridermania on December 07, 2022, 08:03:49 PM
Has Streveler stayed on the active roster and reached amount of games played for his NFL pension?

Thanks

As far as I can tell, he was only activated for one fame this season, against the Patriots.  There is no mention of returning him to practice roster, but he isn?t listed on the teams depth chart at present, and his profile on the team site only shows the one game this year.

He needs to roster for three games in order for this year to count towards his pension.
grab grass 'n growl

Lincoln Locomotive

Tough roe to hoe for Strevvy....you only wish the best for him.   He has really bounced around the league though and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier for him.    I thought he just might crack the Jets roster after his impressive 3-0 preseason!?
Bomber fan for life

Tiger

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on December 08, 2022, 02:39:53 AM
Tough roe to hoe for Strevvy....you only wish the best for him.   He has really bounced around the league though and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier for him.    I thought he just might crack the Jets roster after his impressive 3-0 preseason!?

A very Kimble guy I think everyone would like to see him succeed or come back.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

Aside from making a little extra cheese he is draining away his prime years of playing ball at a top level.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

Yeah I've often wondered about players having practiced for a lot of their lives, ending up on practice rosters and some not being able to play in a meaningful game.It must be frustrating. The money is definitely better but it feels like your sacrificing your love of the game

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 08, 2022, 03:24:20 AM
Aside from making a little extra cheese he is draining away his prime years of playing ball at a top level.

Money matters most.

EDIT: his prime years are when he should maximize his financial gains, much like any other player.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sec223

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 08, 2022, 03:24:20 AM

A little extra ?? LOL

theaardvark

How can anyone equate being on the roster (active or practice) of an NFL team, being in the practices and on the sidelines of an NFL team, with "sacrificing the love of the game"?

Sure, you don't get camera time on field, but you are one hit, one case of COVID or stomach flu, away from that stage.

Being a CFL active roster backup QB (still don't think anyone would give Streveler the keys to a team right now) who gets packages and short yardage means you are on field in live situations, but its the CFL.   Its just not the same...

And "a little extra" cash?  Its a considerable difference, even if he was a starter in the CFL...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Stats Junkie

A little different situation but Danny McManus has said that he regrets not committing to the CFL earlier.

June 1988, McManus flew to Winnipeg for training camp. At the last minute, his agent talked him into to giving the NFL another try.

August 1989, McManus signed to the Blue Bombers practice roster & he was getting reps in practice. After about 1 week, McManus asked for his release to pursue another NFL opportunity.

As we all know, McManus finally committed to the CFL in 1990.

The difference in salary probably wasn't as significant back then.

Danny's comments came out when Khari Jones was considering the NFL and may have played a role in Khari staying in Winnipeg.
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

Pete

Quote from: theaardvark on December 08, 2022, 05:11:41 PM
How can anyone equate being on the roster (active or practice) of an NFL team, being in the practices and on the sidelines of an NFL team, with "sacrificing the love of the game"?

Sure, you don't get camera time on field, but you are one hit, one case of COVID or stomach flu, away from that stage.

Being a CFL active roster backup QB (still don't think anyone would give Streveler the keys to a team right now) who gets packages and short yardage means you are on field in live situations, but its the CFL.   Its just not the same...

And "a little extra" cash?  Its a considerable difference, even if he was a starter in the CFL...
maybe so ,  but i don't think any athelete plays years of high school and college football with a dream of being a backup that doesnt even get to suit up in a game Most of the players we are talking about especially qbs are used to being the center of attention in their careers. They have to miss that

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pete on December 08, 2022, 07:03:52 PM
maybe so ,  but i don't think any athelete plays years of high school and college football with a dream of being a backup that doesnt even get to suit up in a game Most of the players we are talking about especially qbs are used to being the center of attention in their careers. They have to miss that

That's just the reality of pro sports. Not every high school or college athlete has their dream come true when they try and go pro. Some don't even make it at all and as we've seen time and time again, the transition to professional athlete is extremely challenging.

Someone like Streveler is still pretty fortunate to play in the NFL and make the money he does, even if the "glory" of being a starter isn't part of the equation. And I'm sure he'd agree with that sentiment.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on December 08, 2022, 07:03:52 PM

QB is a competitive field with very few job openings, many CFL QB's were not even the starter on their college teams, which was the case for Streveler at the Univ. of Minn. before he transferred to SDU.  Sometimes the only way to achieve a goal is lowering your standards until it equals your talent level.

Pete

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on December 08, 2022, 07:43:51 PM
QB is a competitive field with very few job openings, many CFL QB's were not even the starter on their college teams, which was the case for Streveler at the Univ. of Minn. before he transferred to SDU.  Sometimes the only way to achieve a goal is lowering your standards until it equals your talent level.

Which is the definition of failure "the fact of someone or something not succeeding"
For example while Streveler can be proud of his accomplishments  in getting to the level hes at, I dont think it qualifies as being a successful nfl quarterback