NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 14, 2024, 03:37:20 PMNo one is saying it, but who isn't thinking it.  Why now? If he was out for the whole playoffs, its a different series with the Jets.  And did putting him back in cause this relapse?

Whatever is troubling him, we wish him well in recovery. 

Why Now. Because he probably failed a mandatory drug test. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Pigskin on May 14, 2024, 04:49:16 AMNichushkin gone again. This will hurt the Ava's.

Just curious if "Ava's" is a nickname you use for the Avs or if it's an autocorrect issue?
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Nichushkin was likely tested at random - and failed - due to his being in the player assistance program from mid-January to late February.
#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

theaardvark

If it was a drug test, how often has he been tested?  He was on fire during the Jets series... if it was substance aided, well...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Bruins played an excellent road game.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

Good read on the NHL Player Assistance Program: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/participation-in-the-nhl-s-player-assistance-program-is-up-this-season-that-may-not-be-a-bad-thing-1.2121323

This part stuck out for me:

QuoteHelp is offered for anything from alcohol or drug abuse to mental health issues, sleeping problems or a gambling addiction. Bettman, who has been commissioner since 1993, said a goal when launching the program was to educate and counsel players and families, as well as providing treatment when necessary. It now includes access to confidential counseling, a phone number available any time and annual meetings for every team with program administrators.

Seems like a good and useful program to have.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Really disappointed with the ref's in the playoffs. Very inconsistent from game to game. 

blue_gold_84

Rangers are the first team to advance to the conference finals.
#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Canucks dominated most of this game. Big win to go up 3-2 in the series.

J5V

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 17, 2024, 01:23:52 PMRangers are the first team to advance to the conference finals.
Shocking third period collapse by the Canes. Didn't like the goal tending at all. Wouldn't be surprised to see the end of Freddy in Carolina. I sure hope Chevy has reached out to Rod Brind'Amour.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Excellent game, but Dallas is moving on.

Jockitch

Wow what a pleasure watching two very entertaining games.
Dallas was so controlling, especially in both O.T's and the Panthers are just flat out powerful

Drooling with envy at some outstanding players and wishing, somehow, that a few could become Jets
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Panthers and the Rangers should be a good series. 

ModAdmin

Without any hint of favouritism or bias, let me just say "GO OILERS"!!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden