Official Game Day Thread - BC at Winnipeg, June 21, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 20, 2024, 03:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorRomano

We're lucky if we go 7-11 this year and make the playoffs.  Dynasty over, this team is done.  Thanks for your service Biggie, Zach, and Willie J, Buck too, full rebuild next year.

bluengold204

Quote from: VictorRomano on June 22, 2024, 03:24:50 AMWe're lucky if we go 7-11 this year and make the playoffs.  Dynasty over, this team is done.

Yup there's no coming back from tonight.

Blue In BC

Just got to watch the game on the PVR. Close but no cigar.

I didn't like the long pass to Demski on 2nd and 6 with 2 minutes or so on the clock. It's great if it connects and it nearly did but didn't. Decision to punt I understand but felt it was a mistake. The defence wasn't going to get the ball back for the Bombers.

I use the word defence but I didn't see one tonight. Bombers gave up just over 500 yards of offence!!!

No TD's for Collaros and the 76% completion is not much of a consolation. It was a better % than Adams but we got 27 yards cumulatively from Ontario and Wheatfall. At least a couple of other easy drops by a couple of Bombers.

Wheatfall got nicked. I'm not certain O. Wilson survives another game. OTOH, who else we got? Johnson is the last man standing and he may play in default if Wheatfall can't play.

Returns were a bit better.

Coverage on kicks was better.

Not many penalties.

Disappointing but I wasn't unhappy with the offence all things considered.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Oh, so much for faster start. Giving up a 71 yard TD in the 1st series.

I see the negatrons are out in full force now. There are some serious issues but I saw improvement.

0 - 3 is not good by any definition.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

J5V

I'm still not overly concerned. I saw a lot of improvement, especially on offense, and like Suitor said, stay with the process -- they're getting close. Remember, all we need to do is squeak into the playoffs and win 3 in a row. It's a long season.
Go Bombers!

Blue In BC

Quote from: J5V on June 22, 2024, 03:42:03 AMI'm still not overly concerned. I saw a lot of improvement, especially on offense, and like Suitor said, stay with the process -- they're getting close. Remember, all we need to do is squeak into the playoffs and win 3 in a row. It's a long season.

Yes but the rope is getting shorter. The defence was being beaten on the LOS and I suspect had some communication issues. Too many receivers wide open and too much time to throw. Even run defence was not good.

What are our options for next week?

I don't recall a particular instance where Streveler might have thrown a pass as opposed to the short run game. However, the passing game was not the real problem tonight. Oliveria got reps but we didn't establish him early enough etc etc. He looked healthy enough.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

dd

Wilson had a bad dropped pass. Our offense looked better but we need lawler to win games. Plus we need to execute better, coming away with no points to end the first half was embarrassing!!

Lincoln Locomotive

as i predicted.....Bombers complacency has finally caught up with them to bite them in the A$$!!
Bomber fan for life

Sir Blue and Gold

Fun game to be at. Too bad we didn't win. I don't see a lot of immediate solutions.

We just don't have the horses. The defensive line can't get a enough pressure with four and the back end can't cover when we bring pressure. 

Offensively, we're down our best two receivers and a fairly promising rookie.

This year is going to be a bit of a struggle but I'm up for the different narrative and I'm pretty convinced we'll do alright with a pretty successful reload in the off season.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 22, 2024, 04:04:58 AMFun game to be at. Too bad we didn't win. I don't see a lot of immediate solutions.

We just don't have the horses. The defensive line can't get a enough pressure with four and the back end can't cover when we bring pressure. 

Offensively, we're down our best two receivers and a fairly promising rookie.

This year is going to be a bit of a struggle but I'm up for the different narrative and I'm pretty convinced we'll do alright with a pretty successful reload in the off season.

Who's the promising rookie?
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on June 22, 2024, 04:06:30 AMWho's the promising rookie?

Keric Wheatfall. I like him but the injury is the worst possible timing for him.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 22, 2024, 04:09:35 AMKeric Wheatfall. I like him but the injury is the worst possible timing for him.

I guess, he's had one big catch where he was running wide open (and then missed out on getting a TD). I feel like he would have had to do something today to be called promising.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

For those of you giving Dobson a tough time earlier, gotta give him his due tonight: nearly every single short yardage play went right over him tonight and all were successful so that's a good sign. Runs over the left were on the menu all day too. He and Stanley were the best part of the line easily.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on June 22, 2024, 04:13:22 AMI guess, he's had one big catch where he was running wide open (and then missed out on getting a TD). I feel like he would have had to do something today to be called promising.

Not so much the production (although it's really hard to fault 3 catches over 100 yards in his first game) but he's got the body type and athleticism that usually works well in the CFL. He could have had no yards and I'd still think he was promising.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 22, 2024, 04:14:11 AMFor those of you giving Dobson a tough time earlier, gotta give him his due tonight: nearly every single short yardage play went right over him tonight and all were successful so that's a good sign.

They started off rough, but it was definitely the OLs best game.
My wife is amazing!